• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does Marianne Gingrinch Matter?

Pinkie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), Mariannne was the second seriously ill wife Gingrinch cheated on, and ultimately left. She has Multiple Sclerious, so when he asked her for an "open marriage", I assume he wasn't proposing she take a lover.

I wouldn't allow this guy in my house to sell Amway...and yet some people consider him a viable presidential candidate?

At what point -- if any -- does character matter?

As I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), Mariannne was the second seriously ill wife Gingrinch cheated on, and ultimately left. She has Multiple Sclerious, so when he asked her for an "open marriage", I assume he wasn't proposing she take a lover.

I wouldn't allow this guy in my house to sell Amway...and yet some people consider him a viable presidential candidate?

I used to think it mattered a lot. Now I understand that there's something about the power of politics that turns more than a few men into horndogs. After Bill Clinton and Monica, I pretty much decided the nation didn't really care either.

I used to think it mattered a lot. Now I understand that there's something about the power of politics that turns more than a few men into horndogs. After Bill Clinton and Monica, I pretty much decided the nation didn't really care either.

I despise Clinton, for much the same reason.

Would you hang out with Gingrinch? Enjoy it if your husband made friends with him? Trust him at parties? If not, why the hell would you vote for him?

If there's such a thing as "the woman's vote," I don't think Gingrich will win it. ;)

I find the timing of #2's speaking out (well, she said a lot of this stuff in a 2010 Esquire interview that didn't run) most "interesting." As the Church Lady would say, "How conveeenient!"

As for philanderers (whether they're the screw-anything-that-moves type, which was well known about Clinton when he was Governor of Arkansas, or the one-mistress-at-a-time type), I don't vote for them. If you can't keep your promise to your life-partner, you aren't going to keep any to me either.

But little sympathy for Marianne Gingrich. How did she "know" that her husband was telling her on the phone that he loved her while his side-piece was lying beside him in bed in D.C.? Because she herself had been in that same position when Gingrich was married to the mother of his children.

If there's such a thing as "the woman's vote," I don't think Gingrich will win it. ;)

I find the timing of #2's speaking out (well, she said a lot of this stuff in a 2010 Esquire interview that didn't run) most "interesting." As the Church Lady would say, "How conveeenient!"

As for philanderers (whether they're the screw-anything-that-moves type, which was well known about Clinton when he was Governor of Arkansas, or the one-mistress-at-a-time type), I don't vote for them. If you can't keep your promise to your life-partner, you aren't going to keep any to me either.

But little sympathy for Marianne Gingrich. How did she "know" that her husband was telling her on the phone that he loved her while his side-piece was lying beside him in bed in D.C.? Because she herself had been in that same position when Gingrich was married to the mother of his children.

She is the kettle calling the pot black.

He wasn't going to win the woman's vote to begin with. He was part of the group that attempted to disparage their favorite President of all time.... Slick Willie.

This whole thing is a laughable farce so far as I'm concerned. There hasn't been a reasonably Moral or Decent candidate for POTUS in my lifetime, and since long before it. Neither of these parties and none of these candidates have even the slightest capability to claim the Moral HighGround.

I despise Clinton, for much the same reason.

Would you hang out with Gingrinch? Enjoy it if your husband made friends with him? Trust him at parties? If not, why the hell would you vote for him?
Because he's smart, has viable governmental experience, a proven track record for fiscal responsibility, has a platform which provides plausible solutions, doesn't pander to the freaking drive-by media, and the crap we're discussing here was in the past. I can let the whole "moral deficit" issue slide for now if we can get a Chief Administrator who actually knows what the hell he's doing and knows how to "work" Congress to get things done.
Considering the direction in which our economy has been heading for the past 5 -years or so, we can't afford any more on-the-job training in the Whitehouse. We need REAL fiscal solutions.....NOW. Just my 2 cents. :shrug:

BTW I still luvs ya Pinkie :)

I'm thinking that if Calista gets sick, she ain't telling Newt.

She confirms my suspicion that Gingrich is a self-centered prick who I wouldn't want anywhere near any position of power.

Because he's smart, has viable governmental experience, a proven track record for fiscal responsibility, has a platform which provides plausible solutions, doesn't pander to the freaking drive-by media, and the crap we're discussing here was in the past. I can let the whole "moral deficit" issue slide for now if we can get a Chief Administrator who actually knows what the hell he's doing and knows how to "work" Congress to get things done.
Considering the direction in which our economy has been heading for the past 5 -years or so, we can't afford any more on-the-job training in the Whitehouse. We need REAL fiscal solutions.....NOW. Just my 2 cents. :shrug:

BTW I still luvs ya Pinkie :)

He could walk on water and it wouldn't change how I feel. The man's a sexual predator.

(Loves you too, Fluffy. ♥)

She confirms my suspicion that Gingrich is a self-centered prick who I wouldn't want anywhere near any position of power.

damn, if he had just stayed faithful to wife #1 he would have had your Vote!!

Gingrich has no core. He's smooth and says the right thing simply because he's a deeply rooted Washington-ite. By far the most "establishment" candidate of the entire GOP field.

You can divorce a woman without completely deserting her or degrading her.

You missed the point. when people who are obama supporters say they don't want Newt in office due to him being a dick hound, I find it a bit disingenuous

You missed the point. when people who are obama supporters say they don't want Newt in office due to him being a dick hound, I find it a bit disingenuous

If thats the sole reason, its completely disingenuous. Bottom line, for most on the left thats piling on Gingrich over this, the sole reason is that he has an "R" next to his name. At the same time, can't fathom how ANYONE who calls themselves a "social conservative" could honestly cast a vote for this man.

If thats the sole reason, its completely disingenuous. Bottom line, for most on the left thats piling on Gingrich over this, the sole reason is that he has an "R" next to his name. At the same time, can't fathom how ANYONE who calls themselves a "social conservative" could honestly cast a vote for this man.

I couldn't care who or what newt has sex with. I have absolute loathing for the bible thumpers. I cannot stand Newt because he's an asswipe and Obama's best chance of keeping the oval office

I couldn't care who or what newt has sex with. I have absolute loathing for the bible thumpers. I cannot stand Newt because he's an asswipe and Obama's best chance of keeping the oval office

Why is it so hard for many righties to understand the left's loathing of Newt? He was right in the middle of the witch hunt on Clinton for much the same as his own behavior. The hypocrisy is what drives me to laugh my ass off at his current flak from the press. I could care less who he's banging.

The karma however is deliciously hilarious.

Why is it so hard for many righties to understand the left's loathing of Newt? He was right in the middle of the witch hunt on Clinton for much the same as his own behavior. The hypocrisy is what drives me to laugh my ass off at his current flak from the press. I could care less who he's banging.

The karma however is deliciously hilarious.

a guess that hypocrisy goes both ways. remember "MOVE ON"

newtstory0.jpg

Last edited:

Mmm, I think you both missed the point. Democrats are making a point of Newt's hypocrisy -- moreso than his inability to keep his vows.

Co-established bipartisan task force on the family

Today we had a bipartisan service. It talked about caring about our spouses, and our children, and our families. Because if we're not prepared to model that, beyond just having them here for one day, if we're not prepared to care about our children, and we're not prepared to care about our families, then by what arrogance do we think we will transcend our behavior to care about others?
(Newt Gingrich)

Source: Inaugural Speaker speech, in Newt!, by D.Williams, p. 220 , Jan 4, 1995
http://www.issues2000.org/2012/Newt_Gingrich_Families_+_Children.htm
We should be reminded that much of Newt Gingrich's political career as a conservative has been based on promoting "family values."

Given that "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" (Dr. Phil, Advice for Cheaters and Their Partners), if Gingrich can't be trusted to keep his marriage vows then how how can he be trusted to keep his presidential Oath of Office?

Last edited:
Given that "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" (Dr. Phil, Advice for Cheaters and Their Partners), if Gingrich can't be trusted to keep his marriage vows then how how can he be trusted to keep his presidential Oath of Office?
I don't know........maybe the same way we trusted BillJeff Clinton to keep his hands off the whitehouse interns and to do his job for the rest of his term even after being caught sperming on a certain young lady's dress and then lying about it under oath? :shrug:

We should be reminded that much of Newt Gingrich's political career as a conservative has been based on promoting "family values."

Didn't Dr Phil have marital problems?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom