• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you miss George W. Bush?

Do you miss George W. Bush

• Yes

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 81.8%

• Total voters
What you think is not what this thread is about.

:lol:

Just because some also-ran spouted it in a class B debate for losers doesn't mean it's a good topic for discussion. I mean who the Hell watched that?

Which is why I said "more," not "the ideal left wing candidate."

Well, he is pro choice.
Which doesn't have much to do with policies that affect the rest of the nation. Other than that, he's Bush III.

Well, he is pro choice.
Which doesn't have much to do with policies that affect the rest of the nation. Other than that, he's Bush III.

He's also environmentalist. That's not for nothing. Otherwise...

"The Bush administration was incredibly disciplined and focused when the time came to persuade this country to do the wrong thing, whereas the Obama administration would like us to do the right thing, in as chaotic and confused a way as possible." --Peter Weber

To some extent I do.

That's your screwed-up opinion, which you're entitled to. Lots of people have other ideas.

Obama representing the United States negotiated with terrorist groups in getting back a traitor Bowe Bergdahl for 5 dangerous terrorist. That's some negotiating there.

His foreign policy has been a disaster in the Middle East.

A matter of fact, his foreign policy in general is a major train wreck.

Why do immature leftists so often believe this to be a serious response? If you disagree please point out where I'm wrong.
This
Iraq was "Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant".
is so blatantly delusional, laughter is perhaps not the only response, but the most prompted.

As to applying silly ideological labels, that is indeed a most immature form of conducting an argument. So thanks for demonstrating your own (supposed) point.

Well, I just hope that next time the good Lord speaks to us thru a bush again, he honors the old tradition of setting it/him on fire again first.

(Unfortunately the joke doesn't work with a different name or I'd apply it to BO as well).

No, I don't miss the worst presidency in world history.

This is so blatantly delusional, laughter is perhaps not the only response, but the most prompted.

As to applying silly ideological labels, that is indeed a most immature form of conducting an argument. So thanks for demonstrating your own (supposed) point.
Of course it was "blatantly delusional" and yet the electorate voted for Obama a second time! What does this say about them? FLASHBACK?Obama: ?We?re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq?

This is so blatantly delusional, laughter is perhaps not the only response, but the most prompted.

I agree Iraq was not a stable self reliant state at the time Bush left office. However it was on track and with a competent leader could have been a success. It is clear Obama not not only fumbled the ball but lost the game.

I agree Iraq was not a stable self reliant state at the time Bush left office. However it was on track and with a competent leader could have been a success. It is clear Obama not not only fumbled the ball but lost the game.

I don't think it was ever on track. The People of Iraq are a fractured people, they have three major sects that don't really like each other all that well. Sure with enough American Force, we could hold it together for some amount of time, but it was never stable, nor on its way to stability. It was just hastily taped together from the rubble we created when we broke it in the first place.

No I don't miss him. I did not like the way he worked with other countries. He came off with a cowboy attitude that we don't need to work with the rest of the world. I liked the removal of Saddam and thought that was a good move. I do not like the fact he was unable to gain more support from the world in the removal of Saddam and the appointment of a new government. I can't hold him responsible for 911. Intelligence gathering is not something that you can fix in a year. It takes decades to worm your way in to getting reliable information you can act on. Clinton was too busy chasing the staff around same as Kennedy and Bush ended up getting caught holding the ball. I think he got too focused on the Middle East, 911, and Saddam violating the UN resolutions. He lost focus on a crumbling infrastructure and economy.

I don't think it was ever on track. The People of Iraq are a fractured people, they have three major sects that don't really like each other all that well. Sure with enough American Force, we could hold it together for some amount of time, but it was never stable, nor on its way to stability. It was just hastily taped together from the rubble we created when we broke it in the first place.

Sorry but anyone who thinks Saddam in Sane should have been left in power probably supports Stalin as well. He attacked Iran. He used chemical weapons on Iran and his own people. He killed and tortured people and sent the videos to their families. He wrote checks to the families of terrorist who blew themselves up. He killed members of his own family. He attacked Kuwait for the oil and money to finance his Army. He violated UN resolutions taunting the world. He never denied having weapons of mass destruction and even pretended he still was capable of using them. When you pull out a fake gun and threaten the police you will most likely get shot. That is what happened to him.

Sorry but anyone who thinks Saddam in Sane should have been left in power probably supports Stalin as well. He attacked Iran. He used chemical weapons on Iran and his own people. He killed and tortured people and sent the videos to their families. He wrote checks to the families of terrorist who blew themselves up. He killed members of his own family. He attacked Kuwait for the oil and money to finance his Army. He violated UN resolutions taunting the world. He never denied having weapons of mass destruction and even pretended he still was capable of using them. When you pull out a fake gun and threaten the police you will most likely get shot. That is what happened to him.

ISIS didn't exist while Saddam was around.

We helped to put the Ba'athists in charge which led to Saddam taking power. He was our boy for quite some time, where do you think he got those weapons. We supported him in that war against Iran.

He attacked Kuwait after Kuwait side-drilled into Iraq's oil field and our Ambassador at the time (a political appointment) essentially told Saddam that the US wouldn't have an opinion if he took actions against Kuwait.

We never found those WMD after we destroyed that government

So again...our interventionism seeded all these problems. Perhaps it's time to rethink the effectiveness of our interventionism.

Of course it was "blatantly delusional" and yet the electorate voted for Obama a second time! What does this say about them? FLASHBACK?Obama: ?We?re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq?
I don't give damn what the current idiot had to say about it (they're all the same anyway), it was made the opposite of that statement long before that.

And that's not to say that it was THAT stable under Saddam either, heck knows where it would have gone without intervention from anyone.

The electorate is not necessarily always blessed with intelligence, leastwise not in its major part. That I'll certainly concede.

As seen in electing GWB a second time despite the mess of Iraq and Absurdistan having by then become quite apparent to anyone lacking the foresight to see it long before then.

I miss having a president in the White Hoise who isn't condescending to his electorate. Someone who doesnt make fun of those who have natural fears...who don't agree with his vision. The mark of a strong leader is one who can bring people into the fold by inspiring confidence. Not ridicule. It's been a while.

George Bush inspired confidence? Sorry, but when was that?

Obama is a super-duper teleprompter president, that's for sure, and his speeches were better in the beginning than they are now, but it's difficult for me to interpret that as condescension. What I find condescending are the emails that the Republican (and Democratic) establishment send to their politicians on how to talk down and talk stupid in order to deceive their electorate. That's super condescending, but Republicans and conservative independents never seem to get very pissed about basically being told by the highest levels of the Republicans party that all their politicians need to do is change their image (that's a very cute term for deceiving) in order to get elected.

I do believe a "third" Rep prez. might have been able to show more consistency in continuing "the line" of address. Like kicking Maliki's butt all over the desert until he either showed some sense or quit.

Obama was a slave of his own angle (the one from which he came at it and actually the one he ran his campaign on).

Starting a war is a lot easier than ending it sensibly and the ending here was a failure, I agree.

I don't miss GWB one bit....and, once he leaves, I won't miss Obama either.

I agree w/ OS, he's one of the worst in history.

Red plus blue equals purple -- the Independents.

WE do the electing around here.

The rest of you all just vote partisan politics.

Not always true.

I'm reg Ind, but I can't vote across Party Lines in the Causus here in NV....so, if I'm "lucky" Trump will switch to Ind.

(OTOH, I'm considering registering GOP.)

It's hard to miss a guy that's still around ...being blamed for everything that happens under Obama's entire term

I own't miss Obama either, primarily because his entire presidency has been filled with little more than blaming Bush while acting just like him... it's like Bush never left.

I miss having a president in the White Hoise who isn't condescending to his electorate. Someone who doesnt make fun of those who have natural fears...who don't agree with his vision. The mark of a strong leader is one who can bring people into the fold by inspiring confidence. Not ridicule. It's been a while.

Who do you think that President is/was?

Miss him? You mean he's gone?

What has changed, other than the talking head on TV news is now black and more articulate?

More articulate? Really?

I wonder why every time he says something dozens of his fanboys here on DP rush in to tell us what he really meant to say.

He's also environmentalist.

God, another who drinks the Koolaid.

Obama, in case you didn't know, is the President who expanded American coal exportation to China and India. He's the President who greatly expanded fracking for natural gas and oil throughout the US. He's the President who authorized enough new oil and gas pipelines in the continental US to circle the globe. Those are just a few of his moves to keep his election promise that his ascension would be the beginning of the oceans receding. But hey, he did deny the permits for the Keystone Pipeline so that makes him an environmentalist to the American left who haven't a clue.

Back
Top Bottom