• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do conservatives still think rich tycoons are over taxed and over regulated?

Yes_Minister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

How much does Bezos or Musk pay in taxes?

How over regulated are Bezos or Musk when their factories have terrible safety records and they treat their workers like serfs:

Is Musk over regulated if he is trying to avoid paying rent on his properties?

Also didn't Trump say the economy was being controlled by evil globalists who are screwing over American workers? Is Bezos a blessed job creator or an evil globalist?

Do conservatives still think rich tycoons are over taxed and over regulated?​

One of the things that is a hallmark of "conservative" thinking is imagining that they will someday be rich beyond imagination. So naturally, they balk at the idea that their future imagined wealth will be taxed by the government they already don't trust.

Another given in the imagination of "conservatives" is that the wealthiest people somehow earned their wealth, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and are therefore entitled to every penny of it.

The tax code change I've been trying to begin a discussion on would eliminate all deductions, and any income greater than $320,000 in tax year 2024 would be taxed at 35%, which those earning up to $80,000 would pay no payroll tax and have a tax rate of 15%.

How much does Bezos or Musk pay in taxes?

How over regulated are Bezos or Musk when their factories have terrible safety records and they treat their workers like serfs:

Is Musk over regulated if he is trying to avoid paying rent on his properties?

Also didn't Trump say the economy was being controlled by evil globalists who are screwing over American workers? Is Bezos a blessed job creator or an evil globalist?

This is idiotic. If you REALLY want to destroy the lower and middle wage earners then do what the stupid Yahoo article hints at and charge the wealthy a tax on unrealized capital gains. :rolleyes:

The reality is, billionaires build their wealth from assets — like stocks and real estate. Their net worth goes up when these assets increase in value over time. But the U.S. tax system is not designed to capture the gains from such assets: Capital gains are typically taxed at lower rates than wages and salaries.

One notable thing about this is that many from the middle class complain about capital gains taxes.

How long is it going to be before all the billionaires in America’s combined wealth could give every citizen in America 100000 dollars ?

I’m not talking about the knock on effects of inflation etc but just the fact people will be presented with the maths.

I know this would mean they would have to be 10 times more wealthy but the way assets are being bought up I can’t see that being too long.

How long is it going to be before all the billionaires in America’s combined wealth could give every citizen in America 100000 dollars ?

I’m not talking about the knock on effects of inflation etc but just the fact people will be presented with the maths.

I know this would mean they would have to be 10 times more wealthy but the way assets are being bought up I can’t see that being too long.

The GOP has been selling the trickle down theory for decades, it's a con to cut taxes for the 1%. That 1% will then put there wealth in off shore accounts to avoid paying ANY tax.

I don't hear anybody saying the wealthy are over-taxed or over-regulated.
Over 40% of US households pay no taxes.
Progressive Democrats in Congress continue to fight to remove the SALT limitation for wealthy people in NY and California.
Democrats were the Party that put Tesla into business.
Because of the structure of our election system, the extremely wealthy, regardless of politics have a huge over-representation in government.

Back
Top Bottom