• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Devout Hillary Supporters[W:634]

Re: Devout Hillary Supporters

The Hillary Clinton I know is out shaking people's hands and meeting people and is going to be fighting for us (except the unborn of course.)

What? 3 or 4 people while Trump is regularly speaking to 10,000-40,000 often multiple times a day.. ;)
(ok maybe 3 or 4 hundred)

Maybe Trump would rise to the Presidency and not become corrupt.

You know, I watch a LOT of Trump speeches, I pay attention to damn near everything he does, and I think something is lost on a lot of people that don't take the time of day to hear him..

At all of his speeches he goes on about "I love you people, I really do".. I FEEL that it is sincere, I believe it, that he is out to do good for us..
You wouldn't know this unless you took your time to see it and were open to the possibility..

Not something you can quantify and deem true or falce, it's something else..

It is hilarious that you would think a billionaire would change the rules benefiting billionaires. Does "the Donald"strike you as a masochist type of guy? Someone who will punish himself and his family for your benefit? Quite the contrary I assure you. When he suckered you into voting for him, you will give him free license to screw you...and he will.
From your post it is obvious that you really want Sanders and he will be on stage with Hillary at a rally near you. You should go and listen.

I think that Trump is doing in his own way what the great philanthropists Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller did for the people in their ways..

I think that Trump is doing in his own way what the great philanthropists Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller did for the people in their ways..

:lamo

It is hilarious that you would think a billionaire would change the rules benefiting billionaires. Does "the Donald"strike you as a masochist type of guy? Someone who will punish himself and his family for your benefit? Quite the contrary I assure you. When he suckered you into voting for him, you will give him free license to screw you...and he will.
From your post it is obvious that you really want Sanders and he will be on stage with Hillary at a rally near you. You should go and listen.

The closest the Don gets to a working man, when he throws the Trump Tower doorman a buck, other than that the man has no idea what middle America goes thru financially. Sure wish my Dad had given me a "small" loan of a cool 1 million.

This is why I'll likely be voting Green in November. I only expect the "Trump phenomena" to get even more out of hand, even more crazy under Hillary. Just wait who pops out --and then rides the immense and increased wave of dissatisfaction-- in 2020.

That would be Ted Cruz.

OMG

Nearly spit out my cornflakes

Orly? You need to google Carnegie, then you will realize how totally different the man was to Trump.

I have an idea, if the Don releases his tax returns, lets see how much like Carnegie he actually is

I am waiting anxiously for those tax returns, as is Sec Clinton lol

Well, let's see. Your first list is a WND article that basically references WND 'investigations'. I think we can all agree that's a complete joke.

The second is reasonable. It lists :

email servers, (stupid, but it doesn't look like there were any adverse consequences or that it was unprecedented among cabinet secretaries). We'll see what the full investigation turns up. But I'm fairly sure she wasn't darting off national security secrets on nonsecure channels.

Benghazi. I think multiple congressional investigations and years of work have determined that there's pretty much bupkis there.

Wall Street Speeches/Clinton Foundation: the usual insider conflict of interest the entire government seems to be based upon, from every congressman on up.

And given the alternative, I'd expect Trump to regularly let slip classified info, because the guy is a loose cannon. I'd also expect him to actively work on padding his and his kids personal fortunes 24/7 while in office. That's the kind of guy he clearly is.

The one that stands out the most to me is Charlie Trie scandal. Don't tell me Hillary didn't know about that. The Clintons are all too happy to sell our military secrets for laundered campaign contributions. Hillary may as well put the US up for sale on Ebay.

Nonsense this is all a very little amount of dirt. The Hillary Clinton I know is out shaking people's hands and meeting people and is going to be fighting for us (except the unborn of course.) Trump I don't know, his business dirt leads me to believe I am not safer from poisoning by corporate greed with him and that he should not win just like the Millionaire. This is the most esthetic story. Maybe Trump would rise to the Presidency and not become corrupt.

The only "us" Hillary might fight for is urban America. She will continue Obama's war on the suburbs and exurbs.

Hillary is immensely qualified and shares my views on most issues. I do admit that the 30 year GOP vendetta against her makes her more appealing to me and I have seen no real reason not to "trust her". I'm also not a fool who thinks a huge upset of the "status quo" would benefit me and am more than satisfied with continued progress along the Progressive line. Those that think that Trump would do things that benefit them would be sadly disappointed if he had a chance of winning.

The irony here is Trumps appeal is he is not part of the status quo, but he now says he will need the status quo because he is not a politician.

I was a Washington alternate state delegate for her in 2008. These are my answers:

A resounding defeat of the GOP - whether part of the establishment or not. I used to be a Republican - I happily voted for Reagan and Bush 41...but I saw even then what was happening to the GOP - I don't think many therein really grasp how the trifecta of Nixon's Southern Strategy, the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine, and the rise of the Religious Right all combined to increase racial divisiveness, allowed people to hear only the side of the story they already wanted to hear, and allowed whacked-out televangelists to become power brokers within the GOP to the point where it's almost a sin to even negotiate with a liberal, much less give any serious thought to liberal proposals.

Not really - but in political terms, she's the most battle-tested candidate we've seen in at least a generation. She will not be nearly so naive as Obama was for his first two years in office. She knows how to fight for what she stands for - she's taken everything the Right has thrown at her...and she's still standing.

Depends on how one defines "trustworthy". Will she always tell the truth? I hope not - I would never want a president so naive as to think that he could always tell the truth about what's going on behind the scenes. My own definition of "trustworthy" in this contest is, "will she do her level best for the benefit of America and the American people?"...and I believe that yes, she will indeed do so. You might disagree, but the great majority of presidents, good and bad - and even including Dubya - thought they were doing right by the American people. The only problem was, some of them didn't realize that their version of "right"...wasn't right at all.

The fact that you feel the need to ask this question implies much about your own mindset...especially since all one has to do is Google "What has Hillary done?"

No more than most other senators. It's a naive person indeed who supposes that with all the power of Wall Street, Big Pharma, Big Oil, and all the other denizens of Big Business, that any given senator could resist all corruption. And please don't try to claim that a billionaire like Trump can stay above corruption because of his billions, seeing as how he has been bailed out twice by a Saudi prince.

See the above answer.

heh heh - "battle-tested" - in this case that's a euphemism for "scandal-ridden".

The irony here is Trumps appeal is he is not part of the status quo, but he now says he will need the status quo because he is not a politician.

This is Trumps strength. He surround himself with knowledgeable people to gain information but makes decisions from an objective view. The same strengths he used to become and stay a billionaire and a successful businessman. Plus he is not an owned, bought, and paid for puppet such as Hillary. He is not beholding to the party, nor the rich, or special interest. That is the difference between him and Hillary. He can do what ever he wants for the people while Hillary is beholding to the people who financed and bought her bid for the presidency. I will choose the self made man over the bought and paid for puppet.

No candidate nor President has ever been or ever will ever be perfect.

For me, being a progressive means, I expect a Democrat President to move the nation forward on social and civil issues.

Most of us can agree to much of what is wrong with the system, but we never seem to come together to solve the problems we agree need fixing.

Retired Sen Tom Coburn famously put out his list of outrageous pork barrel boondoggles. Very few of those issues were ever addressed. These were the kind of issues we as Americans oppose...not just as Democrats or Republicans.

Republicans did not address them...and Democrats did not. ...and "We the People" did not put pressure on our Reps to either. If we can not get together to solve the easy, the hard problems will never be addressed. We, as a nation, rise to the level of our competency.

We as a nation have done some really remarkable feats. ...not just any of late.

Who knows what kinda President HRC will be. I just hope we don't lose the gains already won.

We know that Hillary intentionally breaks the law, intentionally conceals her real agenda from co-workers and the public and intentionally lies to the public, even those with recently killed family members.

Trump is a bombastic, scatter gun talking, label maker who has made multiple billions of dollars and successfully acts as the Chief Executive of a large corporation which he has personally built.

Hillary has an unblemished record of having failed at everything she has ever run. Great marriage, successful campaign for Hillary care, peace in the Middle East and a re-set with Russia. What a gal! What a list! At least she's not a quitter.

For those people that are impressed by this sort of list, this is the sort of a list a list that will impress those people.

Other folks might want to see "wins" as opposed to seeing "participations". Wrong place to look if you're looking at Hillary.

Why would anyone support this crooked, flawed candidate: Hillary Clinton? We know she knows where all of the skeletons are buried- some of these are the deceased girlfriends of her husband. Can everyone in the Dem party be subject to her blackmail? Maybe if the blackmail is black-email?

The Companies Donald Trump Owns | Investopedia

Last edited:

This is Trumps strength. He surround himself with knowledgeable people to gain information but makes decisions from an objective view. The same strengths he used to become and stay a billionaire and a successful businessman. Plus he is not an owned, bought, and paid for puppet such as Hillary. He is not beholding to the party, nor the rich, or special interest. That is the difference between him and Hillary. He can do what ever he wants for the people while Hillary is beholding to the people who financed and bought her bid for the presidency. I will choose the self made man over the bought and paid for puppet.

Trump says he will get "good" people but he really means "yes men" and he is "owned" by his drive to benefit himself more than any other candidate. Which other candidate has billions and still wants more? What is clear is that he will say ANYTHING to get elected but what he will do if he succeeds is anybodies guess. I do know that Trump always puts Trump FIRST though and feathering his nest is a priority for him.

Last edited:

Donald attitude seems to be my way or the highway. He is already proving that. He is not working to unify the party. He is doing the complete opposite.

He flip flops like a leaf in a windstorm.

Do you think we need to change the Washington status quo? Do you think she will she change the Washington status quo?
Do you think she is trustworthy?
What specifically has she achieved (any office she has held, primarily attributed to her) that has improved our country?
Do you think that she is corrupt?
Do you believe that she is honestly not representing the "big banks on wall street" when she receives large donations from them?
Given a consistent record of inconsistent views, do you believe she will keep to the platform she is campaigning on when elected?
Is her gender part of the reason you support her?
Do you find any hypocrisy in her platform, actions, or words?

I don't mean any disrespect, I honestly just don't understand why some high information voters would enthusiastically support her.
Yes, we do. No, she won't. However I don't believe any of the candidates brought forth by the Republicans or the Democrats would have brought about change in Congress or the executive branch. They're too much the same ... age. The current generation of Congress (average age is 62 years) is too embattled and too committed to their identities to change their habits now. I believe change will come as the governing torch is handed from this Congress to the next few Congresses.

The Iran sanctions secured by Clinton's State department in 2010, that lead up to the Iran deal.
No.
I have nothing against the 'big banks'.
I'm not a purist. I believe in pragmatism and empiricism. If new facts or research show that your policy is not working; if there's shown to be another better working policy; or if what you believe is shown to be incorrect in some manner, you should change your beliefs.
No.
No.

**** that. That's an outright insult to Carnegie and Rockefeller.

We know that Hillary intentionally breaks the law, intentionally conceals her real agenda from co-workers and the public and intentionally lies to the public, even those with recently killed family members.

Trump is a bombastic, scatter gun talking, label maker who has made multiple billions of dollars and successfully acts as the Chief Executive of a large corporation which he has personally built.

Hillary has an unblemished record of having failed at everything she has ever run. Great marriage, successful campaign for Hillary care, peace in the Middle East and a re-set with Russia. What a gal! What a list! At least she's not a quitter.

For those people that are impressed by this sort of list, this is the sort of a list a list that will impress those people.

Other folks might want to see "wins" as opposed to seeing "participations". Wrong place to look if you're looking at Hillary.

Why would anyone support this crooked, flawed candidate: Hillary Clinton? We know she knows where all of the skeletons are buried- some of these are the deceased girlfriends of her husband. Can everyone in the Dem party be subject to her blackmail? Maybe if the blackmail is black-email?

The Companies Donald Trump Owns | Investopedia

Who is "We" in "We all know..". Is there more than one of you? [rhetorical]

I agree with you-all; If you-all know all this stuff on HRC, by all means don't vote for her.

I am not here to question or answer to...what you-all know.

Orly? You need to google Carnegie, then you will realize how totally different the man was to Trump.

Yeah Carnegie had much less humain business practices than Trump and he treats his workers much better..

Yeah Carnegie had much less humain business practices than Trump and he treats his workers much better..

He also gave away most of his fortune, once Trumps tax returns are released, we will see just how generous he has been. I am sure those tax returns are of great interest to Sec Clinton.

He also gave away most of his fortune, once Trumps tax returns are released, we will see just how generous he has been. I am sure those tax returns are of great interest to Sec Clinton.

It doesn't matter how generous he has been, he is being generous now putting his money where his mouth is to fund his primary campaign..

It doesn't matter how generous he has been, he is being generous now putting his money where his mouth is to fund his primary campaign..

I believe you were the one who compared Carnegie to Trump. so yes the onus is on you to prove it, of course I am patient, and will wait for those tax returns.

Glen Contrarian's #6 and #7 say everything that has to be said about this topic.

I feel Hillary Clinton is the most qualified candidate to run for the office in several generations...and I think she will perform the job of the presidency at a high level throughout her tenure.

She certainly is more qualified and a better choice than either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz.

I know that she will be opposed by the Republicans with all the gusto they showed in opposing Barack Obama. Fine...bring it on. She will handle it as best she can...and the Republic will withstand the pressure on it from these bizarre Republican moves.

If by some sad set of circumstances, Donald Trump is elected to the office instead of Hillary Clinton...I will wish him the best of luck and hope for his success.

I hear a lot about how horrible and corrupt Hillary is, but I never see actual complaints.

Except "Benghazi!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My take on Benghazi

She will be indicted for negligence, when Bush2, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice are convicted of the same.

In other words

It has zero chance

I suggest they move on to something that actually may bear fruit, ie. the email stuff gets old, except on Fox News where only a school bus full of kids bursting into flames would push it off there front page. No she does not get a free pass, nor she should be nailed to a Cross for doing something stupid, name me one politician who has not done something they regret.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom