• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems drop platform requirement that illegals learn English for amnesty...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Democratic Party delivered a huge win to immigration activists in its party platform draft released Friday, taking a liberal stance in sharp contrast to Republican proposals.

The party, counting on a boost in November from predicted record Hispanic turnout, called immigration "a defining aspect of the American character and history."

Dem immigration platform courts Hispanics | TheHill

This is very wrong and the Demos are whores! :thumbdown

The Democratic Party delivered a huge win to immigration activists in its party platform draft released Friday, taking a liberal stance in sharp contrast to Republican proposals.

The party, counting on a boost in November from predicted record Hispanic turnout, called immigration "a defining aspect of the American character and history."

Dem immigration platform courts Hispanics | TheHill

It is rather a curiosity, when the government party decides to allow massive crime retrospectively and thus puts the existing law in jeopardy. After all, the prospect of becoming legal will certainly motivate increased crime and the government is sworn to upholding the law.

It is pretty minor, and repubs are crack whores!!!

None I ever met....and I personally know several hundred. You sound desperate. :lamo

This would never fly in any country I'd want to move to, so it should not be allowed here either!

English Only!

So a 70 year old grandmother, been here 40 years, knows no one and nothing about Mexico and speaks little English gets deported?

Too bad, granny, fend for yourself!

This is why the requirement is not absolute. The idea is not to let in a multitude of young men to take your jobs and women.

So a 70 year old grandmother, been here 40 years, knows no one and nothing about Mexico and speaks little English gets deported?

Too bad, granny, fend for yourself!

This is why the requirement is not absolute. The idea is not to let in a multitude of young men to take your jobs and women.

She broke the law and her being 70 is no excuse nor a redeeming factor. If you reward her criminal behavior you send the signal that crime pays.

She broke the law and her being 70 is no excuse nor a redeeming factor. If you reward her criminal behavior you send the signal that crime pays.

So you deport an invalid 70 year old to Mexico, where she knows no one and nothing, to prove a point? hahaha

That's ludicrous and can only be founded in hate.

None I ever met....and I personally know several hundred. You sound desperate. :lamo

This would never fly in any country I'd want to move to, so it should not be allowed here either!

English Only!

Laughing by making a parody of your weak insult is desperate to your mind? That is amusing in it's own way.

Damn them for trying to win an election!

Trying to win an election is fine. Supporting crime to win is not. You should differentiate between the two.

So you deport an invalid 70 year old to Mexico, where she knows no one and nothing, to prove a point? hahaha

That's ludicrous and can only be founded in hate.

Better demonstrate rule of law than arbitrary application.

Better demonstrate rule of law than arbitrary application.

Your position is monstrous and indefensible. Good day.

No matter how crooked, deceitful or whoreish, they are! ;)

The libs on here, applaud crookedness in politics!

Lets examine this plank. Republicans want illegals to learn English as a requirement to citizenship through a amnesty pathway to citizenship, but don't want amnesty...is that correct.

Democrats have not made learning English a requirement for those that would maybe one day....be on an amnesty pathway to citizenship.

You are arguing for illegals to learn English in a process Republicans do not support...is that right? That is like wanting illegals to check the tire pressure on a car they do not possess.

Demanding that government uphold the law is monstrous?

Deporting an invalid 70 year old with no knowledge of or contacts in Mexico (due to being here 40 years) is monstrous. First of all, she has contributed to our country. Second of all, flinging her there to fend for herself is inhumane. You can't hide behind "just following the law" with me. Your position is disgusting and based in hate.

Deporting an invalid 70 year old with no knowledge of or contacts in Mexico (due to being here 40 years) is monstrous. First of all, she has contributed to our country. Second of all, flinging her there to fend for herself is inhumane. You can't hide behind "just following the law" with me. Your position is disgusting and based in hate.

What is inhumane in repatriating someone to their country? She would keep her assets and Social Security and all. Her country is the one to support her. If you want to chip in that's fair. Nope. I think you are wrong. And that she continued breaking the law for 40 years makes her behavior totally unacceptable.

Trying to win an election is fine. Supporting crime to win is not. You should differentiate between the two.

Ditto!

Get back to me when you learn Navajo.

The Indians were a conquered people, Americans of today won and are not conquered. English First!

Lets examine this plank. Republicans want illegals to learn English as a requirement to citizenship through a amnesty pathway to citizenship, but don't want amnesty...is that correct.

Democrats have not made learning English a requirement for those that would maybe one day....be on an amnesty pathway to citizenship.

You are arguing for illegals to learn English in a process Republicans do not support...is that right? That is like wanting illegals to check the tire pressure on a car they do not possess.

Anyone that chooses to live in the USA, should speak English first....I don't care who they are. If they choose to have a Second language...fine.

I don't believe in amnesty....that's just a ploy by Demos to steal votes! I want to see Voter ID and English first!

What is inhumane in repatriating someone to their country? She would keep her assets and Social Security and all. Her country is the one to support her. If you want to chip in that's fair. Nope. I think you are wrong. And that she continued breaking the law for 40 years makes her behavior totally unacceptable.

Damn straight!

Laughing by making a parody of your weak insult is desperate to your mind? That is amusing in it's own way.

You make it easy for me to laugh...
:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll::2dancing:

Anyone that chooses to live in the USA, should speak English first....I don't care who they are. If they choose to have a Second language...fine.

I don't believe in amnesty....that's just a ploy by Demos to steal votes! I want to see Voter ID and English first!

Your posts are poorly written. Surely you don't mean to suggest that only those that have English as their first language be able to immigrate here. ...or do you?

The law requires immigrants to the US learn English. So why are you so upset?

How does a Democrat plank in their platform upset you so? Platform planks are not law...you do understand that...correct?

You're letting the Democrats mess with your head.

The Indians were a conquered people, Americans of today won and are not conquered. English First!

People like you are always squawking about an invasion.

Which law says you must speak English?

Back
Top Bottom