• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic congressman's son discusses how to commit voter fraud...

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
James O'Keefe has struck again. O'Keefe is the guy who broke the big ACORN scandal with his undercover video reporting.
Now, he's out with a video that may land a Congressman's son in trouble for voter fraud. Watch below as Patrick Moran, the son of Virginia Rep. Jim Moran (and the Field Director for his father's campaign), is caught on tape talking to an undercover reporter about how to allegedly cast ballots deceitfully for registered voters.

[video=youtube;gT77qP2Nai8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gT77qP2Nai8[/video]

Go to 8:38 for the full unedited video.

There's a part of me that thinks this is pretty sneaky. But what would your reaction be as a full-time employee of your dad's campaign? Mine would be to run 60 mph in the opposite direction.

(He even tells the reporter that if his forgeries look good enough, one of their attorneys will defend him if he's caught.)

I certainly would not want my name associated with that campaign. I suppose nothing will come of this, because he is a Democrat.

Seems to me like he had this awkward conversation thrust upon him and he was just trying to find an out. He encouraged the guy the focus his energies on legit GOTV efforts instead IMO.

This is one of the first of these types of videos I've seen that I think honestly captures really shady behavior. If I were his father, I would be MONUMENTALLY angry. Not only because he may have just f**ked up his dad's chance of winning, but because this is flat out wrong.

At least he eventually encouraged the guy to do the right thing. But advising him to fake utility bills? Really?

Interesting that the entrapper (for lack of a better word) chose to do this in a state that has enacted voter ID laws, though. Kind of defeats the point of the message, doesn't it?

Seems to me like he had this awkward conversation thrust upon him and he was just trying to find an out. He encouraged the guy the focus his energies on legit GOTV efforts instead IMO.

The proper response would have been "We run a legitimate campaign and what you are suggesting is illegal. We respect the laws of this country and the rights of all voters. Because of that we ask that you cease doing what you are doing. We would be happy to have your vote and the support of your friends but ONLY if they are acting within the law now, please leave."

Skirting the issue in any way is just plain asinine.

The proper response would have been "We run a legitimate campaign and what you are suggesting is illegal. We respect the laws of this country and the rights of all voters. Because of that we ask that you cease doing what you are doing. We would be happy to have your vote and the support of your friends but ONLY if they are acting within the law now, please leave."

Skirting the issue in any way is just plain asinine.

Yeah, that. Or maybe . . .

Are you NUTZ, bro???

There's a part of me that thinks this is pretty sneaky. But what would your reaction be as a full-time employee of your dad's campaign? Mine would be to run 60 mph in the opposite direction.

(He even tells the reporter that if his forgeries look good enough, one of their attorneys will defend him if he's caught.)

I'm sure both sides have voter fraud down to a science.

O'Keefe is a convicted felon who doctored video tapes that resulted in false investigations.

And the OP quotes him!

BWHAHAHAHH!

I think this counts as "conservative credibility"

O'Keefe is a convicted felon who doctored video tapes that resulted in false investigations.

And the OP quotes him!

BWHAHAHAHH!

Yeah, he's also the one who exposed ACORN. Damn him!

You may be talking about the misdemeanor he pled to in which the government admitted they had no evidence? Yeah, that's prolly it. Good try, though.

[video=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gT77qP2Nai8[/video]

Maggie's "source".

fake-pimp-pleads-guilty-in-senate-break-in.jpeg

No wonder only teabaggers and pimps take conservatives seriously any more.

Or, elements of both sides do, I agree. But the dems have been around for longer and originally developed the techniques used, they've had longer to perfect them. Read up on Tammany Hall some time and you'll see the same techniques being used now.

I am working for the campaign of one of my state Senators and I can assure you that in our case the answer would have been a dead ringer for what I posted above. I obviously can't speak for every campaign though and wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of shenanigans even from some of the Republican campaigns down here.

And the OP quotes him!

BWHAHAHAHH!

Really, which crime?

You may be talking about the misdemeanor he pled to in which the government admitted they had no evidence? Yeah, that's prolly it. Good try, though.

Uhhh, that's the point: ACORN was exonerated. O'keefe doctored the tape

Jesus, you're slow on the uptake.

Conservatives' source of news

Maggie's "source".

No wonder only teabaggers and pimps take conservatives seriously any more.

Yep, I was right . . . the one in which he pled to a misdemeanor and the government admitted they had no case. Again, you never cease to disappoint me, Joaquin. Keep up the good work.

Try mainstream media, Joaquin.

Yep, I was right . . . the one in which he pled to a misdemeanor and the government admitted they had no case. Again, you never cease to disappoint me, Joaquin. Keep up the good work.

So you're defending your source because he only committed a misdemeanor!

That's how desperate conservatives are.

By the way what happened to ACORN. Oh yeah, O'Keefe was shown to be lying. ACORN was totally exonerated.

And you're QUOTING this guy.

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

By the way what happened to ACORN. Oh yeah, O'Keefe was shown to be lying. ACORN was totally exonerated.

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So in other words, you knew you were throwing out bs, and you did it anyway. Keep up the good work!

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

What is wrong with you? November 2010:

The scandal-plagued ACORN may no longer exist, but its tarnished legacy lives on in court, as the activist group and its former employees face criminal punishment.

So far this year, at least 18 former workers have admitted guilt or been convicted on varying charges of election fraud. The punishment has ranged from probation to several months of prison time.

ACORN, once a powerful advocate for low-income and minority voters, shuttered its operations amid plummeting revenues in March, six months after conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute caught on video some of the group's employees offering them tax advice.

Read more: 18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud | Fox News

What is wrong with you? November 2010:

It's a shill, here and then gone after the election. The dems and the repubs have toadies attached to the campaigns who post this garbage. Some get paid, some volunteer. They're all pretty much pond scum.

It's a shill, here and then gone after the election. The dems and the repubs have toadies attached to the campaigns who post this garbage. Some get paid, some volunteer. They're all pretty much pond scum.

Unable to rebut my rebuttal, conservatives are reduced to conspiracy theories.

NEXT

by the way, here's Maggie's "source":

BWHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Exposed ACORN! :lamo

Moran's son was an idiot for even entertaining the conversation, but O'Keefe is about the biggest dirtbag imaginable.

Back
Top Bottom