• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dem Senator "Doesn't Know" if he's going to vote for Obama['W:189]

Re: Dem Senator "Doesn't Know" if he's going to vote for Obama

Well, Well. That's interesting. It looks like someone thinks that West Virginia is pretty much definitely going red in 2012. Given the Obama Administrations' assault on the Coal industry, that's not entirely astonishing.

West Virginia is already considered solid "red". I think the Dems have about as much worry at WV going red as they do Louisiana and Oklahoma. What the Regressives need to worry about, however are Ohio and Florida, both of which are must wins (they can not win without winning both, yet the Dems can win without winning either)... and both of which are currently polling in favor of Obama.

West Virginia is already considered solid "red". I think the Dems have about as much worry at WV going red as they do Louisiana and Oklahoma. What the Regressives need to worry about, however are Ohio and Florida, both of which are must wins (they can not win without winning both, yet the Dems can win without winning either)... and both of which are currently polling in favor of Obama.

That whole quotient changes when you take PA out of the loop... PA is a major battleground state... and PA and WV share very similar voting issues... and a very similar disdane for Obama outside of Philadelphia...

The polls you speak of are all narrowing, as the Republican race is running down...

That whole quotient changes when you take PA out of the loop... PA is a major battleground state... and PA and WV share very similar voting issues... and a very similar disdane for Obama outside of Philadelphia...

The polls you speak of are all narrowing, as the Republican race is running down...

Not true at all, and at this moment Obama is leading in Pennsylvania in all the polls. He is not just a big city winner, remember Indiana.

Manchin is more conservative than his votes but is restrained by his party leadership.

I love the smell of republican desperation. "OMG, one guy is going to maybe, possibly, not vote for Obama. PARTY!"
What can we say? We're pitching a weak presidential nominee who came from an even weaker pool of candidates. Romney's got my vote, but many of us are not pleased.

Not true at all, and at this moment Obama is leading in Pennsylvania in all the polls. He is not just a big city winner, remember Indiana.
Yeah... he was leading in the last PA poll by 3 pts... (when the previous one had him up 10 pts)... Yet, this poll occured 2 weeks prior to Santorum dropping out...

Your knowledge of the PA voting may give you a pass on this, since Philly and parts of Pittsburgh go to the Dems and the rest of PA is Republican country...
Pennsylvania_Presidential_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2008.svg

(notice the part in the bottom left of that, which borders with WV)
(you may want to also look at a larger US map to see what state is on the other side of PA, where the blue is... NJ, which huge Romney supporter, the popular Gov Chris Christie is)

Now, you may have heard of this discontent from PA, off of Obama's comments about how people in PA cling to their guns and religion...

but it's more than that... PA's manufacturing areas are being killed under Obama's policies, in the same manner which WV's are...

He will likely lose a lot of that support... A lot of that area outside Philly, which has a lot of well-off people, and many whites who realize Obama is a phony, and is damaging the economy, are going to turn on Obama... Also Chris Christie is going to go out there and drum up support and PA is going to go to the Republicans in this election...

I am glad to see that the Democrats are not as lock and step as they appear.

Maybe more Americans are waking up the the Obama lies and failures

Articles: Why Obama Lies
And maybe Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression. :mrgreen:When Obama became president, the economy was losing and average of 750K jobs per month and credit was almost nonexistent.

Manchin won as a democrat in a republican district and campaigned like a republican....him stating he may not vote for obama is to play to his constituency....

And maybe Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression. :mrgreen:When Obama became president, the economy was losing and average of 750K jobs per month and credit was almost nonexistent.

You realize that no matter how many times you make the same claim over and over again doesn't make it true? Keep buying the Obama rhetoric.

You realize that no matter how many times you make the same claim over and over again doesn't make it true? Keep buying the Obama rhetoric.

Says the guy who posted an American Thinker opinion piece as evidence or...something.

What a most stupid pretense. "An average ..... " are you ****ing telling the rest of us that had Obama not been elected, the economy was going to keep losing at that clip ?

And just what did Obama do to fix credit ? TARP, for better or worse, kept the banking system functional. And Obama was a bystander. Obama didn't do jack-chit to fix anything. And that is why we have had no recovery.

Here's the next post from a volunteering libtard:

Blame Bush

Now, can that libtard please explain "blame Bush" in 2012 ?

God help the Republic, btw.

What a most stupid pretense. "An average ..... " are you ****ing telling the rest of us that had Obama not been elected, the economy was going to keep losing at that clip ?

And just what did Obama do to fix credit ? TARP, for better or worse, kept the banking system functional. And Obama was a bystander. Obama didn't do jack-chit to fix anything. And that is why we have had no recovery.

Here's the next post from a volunteering libtard:

Now, can that libtard please explain "blame Bush" in 2012 ?

God help the Republic, btw.

If it wasn't for those leaving the labor force unemployment would be the same under Ubama as when he took office.

Actually, it was under 8 when he took office. It would be over 10 now had he the same LFPR he inherited. But I understand your intent. You are more right than even you know :)

Obama is not only the worst ****ing President ever, he's worse than that ! And these jackasses still wear his kneepads. What disgusting Americans they are. How sorry-ass pathetic they are.

Actually, it was under 8 when he took office. It would be over 10 now had he the same LFPR he inherited. But I understand your intent. You are more right than even you know :)

Obama is not only the worst ****ing President ever, he's worse than that ! And these jackasses still wear his kneepads. What disgusting Americans they are. How sorry-ass pathetic they are.

Yes, it would be 10.9 right now. There has been no net jobs at all!!!!!! President Zero.

Yes, it would be 10.9 right now. There has been no net jobs at all!!!!!! President Zero.

I have never understood how Republican's and Conservatives in general cannot read numbers. The numbers say your claim of A Pathetic President is nothing but a flat out lie.

Believe what you want to, but you are still wrong.

I have never understood how Republican's and Conservatives in general cannot read numbers. The numbers say your claim of A Pathetic President is nothing but a flat out lie.

No, you are.

Really? So tell me what numbers we have wrong? Are there more or less employed today than when he took office. Are the discouraged workers more today than when he took office. What are the total of discouraged workers added to the unemployed? You keep buying the Obama rhetoric. wonder if you were as excited when Bush had 48 straight months of job creation and a 14k stock market? How about that misery index or do you even know what that is?

Really? So tell me what numbers we have wrong? Are there more or less employed today than when he took office. Are the discouraged workers more today than when he took office. What are the total of discouraged workers added to the unemployed? You keep buying the Obama rhetoric. wonder if you were as excited when Bush had 48 straight months of job creation and a 14k stock market? How about that misery index or do you even know what that is?

If the size of the U.S. labor force as a share of the total population was the same as it was when Barack Obama took office—65.7% then vs. 63.9% today—the U-3 unemployment rate would be 10.8%.

So, actually a lot worse than when he took office.

Last edited:

If the size of the U.S. labor force as a share of the total population was the same as it was when Barack Obama took office—65.7% then vs. 63.9% today—the U-3 unemployment rate would be 10.8%.

So, actually a lot worse than when he took office.

So your issue with Obama is that he can't stop baby boomers from aging? FWIW, I don't think Mittens would have much better luck in that regard.

Re: Mitt Romney doesn't just draw swing voters, he draws swing Senators II

This is all pretty humorous, given the fact that virtually everyone who has very grudgingly endorsed Mittens looked like they were suppressing a gag reflex when they did the deed. The ringing endorsements can generally be boiled down to, "well ... I guess there's no other choice.... (sniff)"

Have you run out of material that you need to steal Jon Stewart bits, too?

Humorous given the fact that Romney has major support from very active participants in the political process... and is drawing support from moderates on the other side of the aisle...

It's called slowly waking up to a better brand of coffee... get used to it...

He may not be the only democrat that does not vote for Hussein Obama either......Even the dems know what a disaster he has been

So your issue with Obama is that he can't stop baby boomers from aging? FWIW, I don't think Mittens would have much better luck in that regard.

And the issue with Obama supporters continues to be let's bash Bush and ignore the Obama record. It doesn't matter that after adding 5 trillion to the debt there are still more unemployed and fewer people employed today than when "The One" took office and we have the worst recovery from a recession in American history. Leadership is a foreign word to Obama supporters

AdamT wrote:

And the issue with Obama supporters continues to be let's bash Bush and ignore the Obama record. It doesn't matter that after adding 5 trillion to the debt there are still more unemployed and fewer people employed today than when "The One" took office and we have the worst recovery from a recession in American history. Leadership is a foreign word to Obama supporters

Can you point out where in my post I said a word about Bush? :lol:

If that was the case, food stamps wouldn't be at an all time high.

Food-Stamps-Presidents-Totals.png

Oh look...he is the food stamp president.

The total is now 46.4 million, which is more than the entire populations of many large nations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom