• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defend Bill Clinton’s behaviour towards Monica Lewinsky now?

So what do you think on the subject?
Old news. Clinton was wrong in what he did to her and how he treated her afterwards. And................?
Now we have that out of the way, I go back to my original question:
What brought this on?

200w.gif

don’t care to answer the question ?
It just seems weird that would bother you for nearly 30 years. Rather obsessive at this point. Obviously, being he was married, and her boss, it was an inappropriate relationship.

It just seems weird that would bother you for nearly 30 years. Rather obsessive at this point. Obviously, being he was married, and her boss, it was an inappropriate relationship.
I’m not up at night about it ,it’s just annoyed me

Incredibly powerful man starts a relationship with an intern.fools her into believing they are in a relationship.Given the significant power differential between Bill and Monica Lewinsky was Lewinsky truly able to give informed and voluntary consent, considering the power dynamics at play? Let’s face it he was very happy to portray her as a crazy woman and probably would of exceeded had she not had physical evidence to the contrary.She was 22 at the time.
It was locker room talk.

Incredibly powerful man starts a relationship with an intern.fools her into believing they are in a relationship.Given the significant power differential between Bill and Monica Lewinsky was Lewinsky truly able to give informed and voluntary consent, considering the power dynamics at play? Let’s face it he was very happy to portray her as a crazy woman and probably would of exceeded had she not had physical evidence to the contrary.She was 22 at the time.
Bill Clinton had a consensual sexual affair with an adult.

Bill Clinton had a consensual sexual affair with an adult.
The power dynamic raises questions about the true nature of consent in their relationship

Yes, she was.

She was over 21. He did not force her to do anything.

The GQP used her to attack Clinton.

The power dynamic raises questions about the true nature of consent in their relationship
It would have in the 2020's maybe. But she was an adult and the affair was consensual.

The weirdest part about all that is how the Republicans were clutching their peatls about it and don't give a shit about Trumps far worse, and far more frequent abuses.

Makes you wonder if they ever had values at all.

No but you obviously aren’t prepared to answer the question
Sure I am, but it's not a relevant question. He did what he did almost 30 years ago.

Do we need to discuss JFK's bedroom antics next? How about Clarence Thomas, he's at least still in power doing damage.

There's a very long and documented history of powerful men from that era being sleazeballs. There's no need to defend it, just understand that standards are much better today, and a lot of things have changed for the better.

It would have in the 2020's maybe. But she was an adult and the affair was consensual.

The weirdest part about all that is how the Republicans were clutching their peatls about it and don't give a shit about Trumps far worse, and far more frequent abuses.

Makes you wonder if they ever had values at all.

They didn't then and they do not now.

Sure I am, but it's not a relevant question. He did what he did almost 30 years ago.

Do we need to discuss JFK's bedroom antics next? How about Clarence Thomas, he's at least still in power doing damage.

There's a very long and documented history of powerful men from that era being sleazeballs. There's no need to defend it, just understand that standards are much better today, and a lot of things have changed for the better.
People do still question Clarence Thomas, sounds like you just don’t want to allow a question into your mind

My thoughts are that Bill Clinton was a master politician with charisma who knew how to engage people and work both sides of the aisle. Unfortunately I think his power went to his head, he couldn't keep his d***k in his pants and saw an opportunity with an impressionable 22 year-old intern.

Both knew what they were getting into but I think his power seduced Lewinsky. Anyway, it seems to me by her TV appearances that she is doing just fine these days.

Clinton was relatively good-looking, but look at all the wrinkled old farts that hold power, have mistresses on the side or marry women that are half their age. Rupert Murdoch and Orange Jesus come to mind.

My thoughts are that Bill Clinton was a master politician with charisma who knew how to engage people and work both sides of the aisle. Unfortunately I think his power went to his head, he couldn't keep his d***k in his pants and saw an opportunity with an impressionable 22 year-old intern.

Both knew what they were getting into but I think his power seduced Lewinsky. Anyway, it seems to me by her TV appearances that she is doing just fine these days.

Clinton was relatively good-looking, but look at all the wrinkled old farts that hold power, have mistresses on the side or marry women that are half their age. Rupert Murdoch and Orange Jesus come to mind.
I don’t fully agree but that was much more what I was looking for in a response. Like actually answering the question

Tissue?
Like I said...she knew the conditions when she entered into them.

The follow on circumstances sucked. The world kinda saw her as a homewrecking tramp. But...I mean...she was a 22 year old that deliberately entered into a relationship with a married man. And sure...both Bill and the Hilldabeast trashed her. You lie down with dogs.......you get up with fleas.

I agree with the bolded part of your statement above.

Just my opinion, but I doubt he got much at home, if you catch my drift. That was a marriage of convenience. She stayed in it knowing he was unfaithful. She got what she wanted out of it. A ticket to run for the presidency. Why should I give my vote to fake feminist? Another reason I left the Democratic Party.

People do still question Clarence Thomas, sounds like you just don’t want to allow a question into your mind.
As I said, Clarence Thomas is still in power, and he unlike Clinton is actively participating destroy the most basic fundamental human rights of women.
Clinton on the other hand was singularly responsible for the nomination of Ruth Bader Ginsberg an incredible woman who was instrumental in defending women's rights.
So you see, nobody gives a shit about Bill Clinton while Republican men are actively doing far far worse, and not being held accountable.

Back
Top Bottom