• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate Rules Being Set by Hillary Donors

Harry Guerrilla

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The men and women who run the supposedly “nonpartisan” Commission on Presidential Debates have put their money where their mouths are — and it all has gone to Democrat Hillary Clinton.The amount of money is small by the standards of a modern presidential campaign, but it is one-sided. A pair of Ph.D. candidates at Stanford University examined campaign finance reports and found that all of the $5,650 in contributions that commission members have made to presidential candidates during this election season have gone to Clinton.

Debate Rules Being Set by Hillary Donors | LifeZette

Plenty of plausible deniability if the debates don't turn out weel for Trump.
The inverse will not be true for Hillary.

I see the Trump people are following the Farage rules ... finding excuses beforehand..

That seems like a conflict of interest and one I am sure trump will jump on.
It will seem that the debates will be rigged in clintons favor or try to be.

I see the Trump people are following the Farage rules ... finding excuses beforehand..

Nope just showing proof how corrupt the system is.
There is a reason that American do not trust their government and this is just one of those reasons.

I wonder if Candy Crowley of CNN fame will be involved? She called a statement by Mitt Romney during wrong when in reality he was right.

There is no doubt at all that many in the media opposes and will do whatever they can to stop Trump from winning!
You see "reporters" now acting as a Clinton surrogate. Spewing all the Clinton team talking points.

There really is not a neutral press today! They have taken sides. Will the debates be any different. I don't think so......

What's the excuse if he wins?

It's highly likely that both the DNC and the Hillary campaign have staff working on top 10 reasons why we lost lists.

I suspect there are forum members here working on similar lists.

The deplorables are much more than Clinton ever estimated.

Clinton was a weak candidate through and through.
Never should of run her, never.

From a tactical standpoint, even with boatloads of money, dual party support and insider advantage she's failing.
To be fair, the Republican line up was completely abysmal.

I wonder if Candy Crowley of CNN fame will be involved? She called a statement by Mitt Romney during wrong when in reality he was right.

There is no doubt at all that many in the media opposes and will do whatever they can to stop Trump from winning!
You see "reporters" now acting as a Clinton surrogate. Spewing all the Clinton team talking points.

There really is not a neutral press today! They have taken sides. Will the debates be any different. I don't think so......

Quoted for truth.

Better than telling the populace that the Euro will profit all and the EU guarantees peace, which were exactly the main justifications for the unbelievably sloppy treaties and the continuous braking of them. With that muck generations of politicians justified their jobs, pay and pensions.

All over the continent populists like and worse than Trump are increasingly gaining power. In townships refugees and extremists do battle in the streets, while Brussels lets thousands drown before its coasts, pushes youths into unemployment in great numbers and allows gastly war at its boarders.

And now to shore up their legitimacy these people are mobilizing a military to distance themselves from NATO and thus like Putin using the US as a foreign enemy to unite the vote.

And you fret about Trump as though you had no problems of your own.

Better than telling the populace that the Euro will profit all and the EU guarantees peace, which were exactly the main justifications for the unbelievably sloppy treaties and the continuous braking of them. With that muck generations of politicians justified their jobs, pay and pensions.

All over the continent populists like and worse than Trump are increasingly gaining power. In townships refugees and extremists do battle in the streets, while Brussels lets thousands drown before its coasts, pushes youths into unemployment in great numbers and allows gastly war at its boarders.

And now to shore up their legitimacy these people are mobilizing a military to distance themselves from NATO and thus like Putin using the US as a foreign enemy to unite the vote.

And you fret about Trump as though you had no problems of your own.

I miss leftism, that questioned authority, rather than legitimize it.

That seems like a conflict of interest and one I am sure trump will jump on.
It will seem that the debates will be rigged in clintons favor or try to be.

If $5,000 is the price for buying a Presidential debate I could rig them. This is delusional.

I miss leftism, that questioned authority, rather than legitimize it.

I remember the 60's and the "Don't trust anyone over thirty," crowd. Now the left seems to want to use the force of government to force their views upon others and are all for a very powerful central government if that all powerful central government can force their views upon others for them.

There was a time when classic liberalism was all about individual freedoms and rights. Our founding fathers were classic liberals. Against the king, monarchy, dictatorships, forms of government which ruled people from upon high. They would be appalled at how powerful our central/federal government has become. What's the difference between a king or a president if they can do pretty much what they want with little to no checks and balances?

Yes, it is very strange that the left which was so much for questioning authority and for individuals freedoms now have become the proponents for an ever growing powerful central government with out questioning.

I remember the 60's and the "Don't trust anyone over thirty," crowd. Now the left seems to want to use the force of government to force their views upon others and are all for a very powerful central government if that all powerful central government can force their views upon others for them.

There was a time when classic liberalism was all about individual freedoms and rights. Our founding fathers were classic liberals. Against the king, monarchy, dictatorships, forms of government which ruled people from upon high. They would be appalled at how powerful our central/federal government has become. What's the difference between a king or a president if they can do pretty much what they want with little to no checks and balances?

Yes, it is very strange that the left which was so much for questioning authority and for individuals freedoms now have become the proponents for an ever growing powerful central government with out questioning.

I find the swap of support highly interesting.
I've been here for 7 years I think and generally speaking, left leaning people have used a huge amount of rhetoric supporting the working class.
Now they're calling them everything, except late for dinner, because they support the wrong candidate.

The amount of the donations isn't t

If $5,000 is the price for buying a Presidential debate I could rig them. This is delusional.

It isn't the amount that is the problem in this case. One gives large donations to candidates to buy favor. When one gives small donations it is usually because the donor genuinely supports and wants the candidate to win.

It appears the problem here is the debate commission is weighed heavily in support of one candidate over the other. I dislike Hillary less than I dislike Trump but that is wrong.

I find the swap of support highly interesting.
I've been here for 7 years I think and generally speaking, left leaning people have used a huge amount of rhetoric supporting the working class.
Now they're calling them everything, except late for dinner, because they support the wrong candidate.

That's normal. If the left or Democrats wanted the support of the working class they would have nominated a different candidate than Wall Street Clinton. But they took the working class for granted. You can only do take certain segments of voter for granted for so long before they bite back.

Most of this is nothing more than rhetoric. They talk a good game and then do nothing except take care of all those mega money donors be it corporations, wall street, lobbyist, special interest and the like. Both parties are guilty of this. Its like young voters this time around, not that they are supporting Trump, but they don't like Clinton or her ties to Wall Street. Quite a lot of them are going third party or planning on staying home rather than vote for either candidate. So we'll see what happens, Clinton's support comes from mostly old voters, at least they are the most avid backers of her. Not the young or as you pointed out, the working class. Clinton has the union leaders in her hip pocket, but not necessarily union members. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Back
Top Bottom