• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Bowie Songs

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
RIP to one of the most innovative and creative rock artists in history

One of my favorites from the Ziggy days, still great almost a quarter of century later

Huge fan in the day.

Some of it was Dire, too. He'd never sing this live!

This one, from his first album, hints at a ton of the stuff he did on the next two albums.

My all "time" favorite.

Last edited:
an artist whose catalog spans six decades. amazing to the end

I was never much of a Bowie fan, but this whole album is simply godly.

This is still my favorite, and sounds great when you sing along in the shower.China girl isn't too bad either.

David with Local guy (Ludlow Ky) (and producer of the Sound and Vision Tour) Adrian Belew

Bowie always was happy to share the spotlight with other talents

Not a Bowie song parse but when of my favorite Bowie Collabs.

I was never much of a Bowie fan, but this whole album is simply godly.

Definitely one of the best albums ever.

There were "instructions" on the back cover that said something to the effect of "Intended to be played at maximum volume". To this day I usually turn up the music when I hear one of the songs.:lol:

not following thread protocol, but an interesting read from Eno
eno on bowies death.jpg

A musical genius...

A musical genius...

genius gets thrown around a lot in the arts-especially music and Bowie transcended that term because he was so much more than a musical genius. My favorite rocker-Jerry Garcia was a musical genius and a genuinely nice guy but his genius was pretty much limited to music though his art ties are pretty neat. Bowie was an entertainment genius who had incredible talent in several mediums.

genius gets thrown around a lot in the arts-especially music and Bowie transcended that term because he was so much more than a musical genius. My favorite rocker-Jerry Garcia was a musical genius and a genuinely nice guy but his genius was pretty much limited to music though his art ties are pretty neat. Bowie was an entertainment genius who had incredible talent in several mediums.

Thanks and I appreciate your input. I think Garcia is an ignorant worthless idiot in terms of music... he can't play a correct scale if his life dependent on it... but it's OK, people like what they like... in terms of David Bowie.. the guy is both a singer and performance genius!

Thanks and I appreciate your input. I think Garcia is an ignorant worthless idiot in terms of music... he can't play a correct scale if his life dependent on it... but it's OK, people like what they like... in terms of David Bowie.. the guy is both a singer and performance genius!
well lots of talent-be it Dylan, Gregg Allman, Warren Hayes, Dickie Betts, Dave Grisman and others were very very positive on Garcia. He worked well with everyone and could play bluegrass with the best of them and hard rock with just about anyone. I never heard anyone who was around him say anything bad about the guy, his talent or his skills

but He was more limited in his genius than Bowie

another one of my favorites from DB

You are forcing me to listen to what you like... ok, I'm cool with that ... :)

Strong Ziggys force is with the ...............:lamo

Last edited:
a really nice mostly acoustic version of Heroes with long time bass player, the brilliant Gail Ann Dorsey

RIP to one of the most innovative and creative rock artists in history

One of my favorites from the Ziggy days, still great almost a quarter of century later

Wow. Two surprises in one day from you TD.

1- that you're a fan
2- we DO have something in common

Back
Top Bottom