• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

Hmmm. I've heard of the Night Agent, sounds like a knock-off. The Night Manager was as much about the eye candy as the very well-written plot.
No, not a knock-off, spies, CIA etc
Same as Berlin Station

Is anyone watching Tulsa King??
So far looks great - Stallone is the lead

Most of the way thru Apples Will Fall. On Peacock.

Same producers as some other good mini-series like Big Little Lies.

We'll see how it ends. It's fast-paced, everyone has their secrets. Good entertainment so far, has an air of instant gratification.

Sorry, it's Apples Never Fall.

Masters of the Air (2024 miniseries) I was a fan of the earlier shows like Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but I had mixed feelings about this one. The story of the Eighth Air force and their bomber campaigns over Europe in WW2 should have been a slam dunk, but the whole show feels disjointed. There were a lot of characters, and many die or get captured, so the constant shifting of storylines made it seem to lack focus. At times it tries to be a bomber movie, a POW movie, or a romantic one- it just cant seem to figure out what it wants to be. The initial episodes were interesting, before the middle part dragged, yet the whole show was nearly saved by the rip roaring finale. I guess I can mildly recommend it, but with caveats. Rating: 7/10

Masters of the Air (2024 miniseries) I was a fan of the earlier shows like Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but I had mixed feelings about this one. The story of the Eighth Air force and their bomber campaigns over Europe in WW2 should have been a slam dunk, but the whole show feels disjointed. There were a lot of characters, and many die or get captured, so the constant shifting of storylines made it seem to lack focus. At times it tries to be a bomber movie, a POW movie, or a romantic one- it just cant seem to figure out what it wants to be. The initial episodes were interesting, before the middle part dragged, yet the whole show was nearly saved by the rip roaring finale. I guess I can mildly recommend it, but with caveats. Rating: 7/10

Good write.
Like yourself, I was really looking forward to this after Band of Brothers and Pacific... this is about half as good.
It is just kind of there.. not well put together, no real storyline. Just random events happening.
I would give BoB and Pacific a solid 8/10. But Masters of the Air, more like a 6.5.

Reactions: PoS
Good write.
Like yourself, I was really looking forward to this after Band of Brothers and Pacific... this is about half as good.
It is just kind of there.. not well put together, no real storyline. Just random events happening.
I would give BoB and Pacific a solid 8/10. But Masters of the Air, more like a 6.5.

For me it is definitely Band of Brothers > Masters of the Air > The Pacific but they are all very good series. But then again I could just be biased as I played a very small part in the production of Masters of the Air.

Just discovered the other day the series Resident Alien on Netflix. It is a combination of hilarious over the top alien antics, and small town drama, and it works. Some of the lines are just laugh out loud funny to me(The alien upon discovering the government was searching for him: "I could grow a mustache as a disguise, but then I would have to take a job as a firefighter or pedophile.")

Most of the way thru Apples Will Fall. On Peacock.

Same producers as some other good mini-series like Big Little Lies.

We'll see how it ends. It's fast-paced, everyone has their secrets. Good entertainment so far, has an air of instant gratification.

I haven't started watching yet, but it's in my stuff. Good to know it's entertaining so far.

it’s definitely not high brow but series 2 of the British version of the traitors I really enjoyed, it really shows what sheep people can be

Season 2 is now on Peacock here. Haven't started it yet, but soon.

Halo. This is a solid space opera that goes from "a butt-ton of fun" to "solidly fantastic." You wouldn't know it from the beginning, which opens as a pretty straight-forward shoot-em-up alien/space marine show, but it evolves into a successful character-driven show with a compelling macro-story.

Also, This is another show that will richly reward you for investing in a good home theater system.

Cons:
1) Sadly, Kawn Ha (Yerin Ha) never manages to grow into a three-dimensional character, and as a result acts as a bit of a drag on the show. But there are a minimum of six other characters who are genuinely compelling so it balances out.
2) What is it with shows filming deep inside the butt of an elephant these days? (House of the Dragon is also super guilty of this). Be prepared to give your tv a brightness and auto-contrast workout if you're watching this in 4k. If you're "only" watching this in 1080p you'll be fine.

I put "only" in quotation marks because let's be honest, 1080p is pretty damn good. Yes, 4k is technically better, but it's more marketing than anything. I can't for the life of me imagine who an 8k tv is for.

Last edited:
Is anyone watching Tulsa King??
So far looks great - Stallone is the lead
Saw it and really liked it, surprisingly enough. I thought the role would be a stretch for Stallone, but he did a really nice job.

Saw it and really liked it, surprisingly enough. I thought the role would be a stretch for Stallone, but he did a really nice job.
Waiting for season 2
I was surprised as well.

Halo. This is a solid space opera that goes from "a butt-ton of fun" to "solidly fantastic." You wouldn't know it from the beginning, which opens as a pretty straight-forward shoot-em-up alien/space marine show, but it evolves into a successful character-driven show with a compelling macro-story.

Also, This is another show that will richly reward you for investing in a good home theater system.

Cons:
1) Sadly, Kawn Ha (Yerin Ha) never manages to grow into a three-dimensional character, and as a result acts as a bit of a drag on the show. But there are a minimum of six other characters who are genuinely compelling so it balances out.
2) What is it with shows filming deep inside the butt of an elephant these days? (House of the Dragon is also super guilty of this). Be prepared to give your tv a brightness and auto-contrast workout if you're watching this in 4k. If you're "only" watching this in 1080p you'll be fine.

I put "only" in quotation marks because let's be honest, 1080p is pretty damn good. Yes, 4k is technically better, but it's more marketing than anything. I can't for the life of me imagine who an 8k tv is for.
I enjoyed the series, but was also a little disappointed that Kawn Ha ended up with a bit part, basically. Maybe that will change in the future. Overall I thought Halo was great and really enjoyed the story.

I enjoyed the series, but was also a little disappointed that Kawn Ha ended up with a bit part, basically. Maybe that will change in the future. Overall I thought Halo was great and really enjoyed the story.

When they terminated Kawn-Ha's revolution sub-plot early I was filled with the hope that they got rid of her character altogether. Sadly, I can only assume she was under contract til the bitter end.

And she will not change for the better. Ultimately, these characters improve because their actors improve. For example, Pablo Schreiber (Master Chief) started out rock-faced and worked that into a successful stoicism with an oft dead-panned humor underneath. It's time to face reality: Yerin Ha has no range.

Last edited:

Charlie Murphy (Makee) is another actor who's just not that great. Unlike Kwan-Ha, though, her character enjoys a place in the main plot line, and therefore regardless of her lack of acting chops any time she's on screen the main story arc is still very much moving forward. In fact, you could easily argue that her character only exists when the main story arc is moving forward. Being central to the story can do wonders for saving you from your acting weaknesses.

Of course, a weak actor can easily risk destroying a story, but fortunately this doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Fall 24, my stupid
Now 24! I just watched episode 6 of season 2 last night.

Edit: Oh, I see, Canadians don't get the show til Fall 24. Well, sucks to be Canada I guess.

Now 24! I just watched episode 6 of season 2 last night.

Edit: Oh, I see, Canadians don't get the show til Fall 24. Well, sucks to be Canada I guess.
For programming, yes

Back
Top Bottom