• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cowardly Canadians

I've constantly heard many on the right talk about the "ridiculous" feminist movement and a hatred of men. Why aren't they complaining about this? Unaccompanied males are in the minority, and I find it hilarious that we're all scared of refugee males.

Last edited:
I've constantly heard many on the right talk about the "ridiculous" feminist movement and a hatred of men. Why aren't they complaining about this? Unaccompanied males are in the minority, and I find it hilarious that we're all scared of refugee males.

Hilarious? Really? its not a question of fear. It's a question of prudence.

Edit: What kind of right talk do you listen to that ridicules the feminist movement and advocates hatred of men? Get better taste in your reading material. Lordy.

At some point in your life, perhaps you can develop the ability to see the world in something other than two monoliths of left and right where you form all your opinions based upon nothing more than the diametrical opposition to anything that has been framed as right.

We are bastardizing all "unaccompanied males" because of the actions of a few of them... what could possibly go wrong? :roll:

At some point in your life, perhaps you can develop the ability to see the world in something other than two monoliths of left and right where you form all your opinions based upon nothing more than the diametrical opposition to anything that has been framed as right.

I doubt it.

Whatever you say.

The overwhelming numbers who have been settled in the US and applying to come here are children, women, families.

The overwhelming numbers who have been settled in the US and applying to come here are children, women, families.

That does not mean you discriminate against the minority. If you are applying the same standards in security screening to all refugees then it becomes a problem to take "unaccompanied males" and eliminate them from consideration only on that standard.

Have we really learned nothing from history?

That does not mean you discriminate against the minority. If you are applying the same standards in security screening to all refugees then it becomes a problem to take "unaccompanied males" and eliminate them from consideration only on that standard.

We never learn from history...

They are NOT the same thing. This is entirely a strawman argument.

Perhaps we should keep in mind the history of The Trojan Horse.

I personally wouldn't think much about our policy of come-one come-all in this situation. But BUT I have been appalled at our government ridiculing those with concerns rather than reassuring them.

Perhaps we should keep in mind the history of The Trojan Horse.

I personally wouldn't think much about our policy of come-one come-all in this situation. But BUT I have been appalled at our government ridiculing those with concerns rather than reassuring them.

Fear mongering. Literally. Go back in time in regards to Jewish refugees.

Whatever you say.

In other words, he may as well have been speaking a different language. The thought of not toeing the leftist party line just doesn't compute for you, does it?

In other words, he may as well have been speaking a different language. The thought of not toeing the leftist party line just doesn't compute for you, does it?

I don't particularly care about what people think.

I don't particularly care about what people think.

Given the quality of what you often regurgitate, that is, indeed, a prudent position for you to have.

So you're claiming Feminism is a terrorist movement.

Good job.

Actually, if you bothered to keep up with my posts, I posted 2 links in regards to terrorism and refugees. I never claimed feminism is a terrorist movement, that's what we call a straw man 👍

To date, (as of Nov 19th anyway) - only 2% have been accepted in. I don't think the case has been made there is discrimination, just that they are either not applying in much quantity through the program, not passing the vetting process, or families / women with small children are considered the most vulnerable

"Of the Syrian refugees admitted so far, half are children, according to administration officials. The group is about 50/50 men and women, and about 2 percent are single men of combat age.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...fact-sheet-5-questions-about-syrian-refugees/

"70 percent are female (50.3 percent) and male children under 12 years old (19.7 percent)."

Back
Top Bottom