• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court Infringes on Religious Beliefs Again!

There is no doubt that Liberty Ridge Farms was functioning as a place of Public Accommodation under the law. Now gowning corn and pumpkins for sale to distributors isn't conducting business as a place of Public Accommodation - no doubt.

However that's the only part of of the Liberty Ridge Farm's business model, their model also included:

Event Planning Services including (Weddings, Corporate Picnics, Team Building Workshops, Company Appreciation Gatherings, Social Gatherings, Fundraisers, Birthdays, Family Reunions, & Banquets)
Hosting a varity of events in the 2400 sq ft first floor of the Dutch Barn (see image below from their web site)
Catering
Hosting Small Group Gatherings on property
Hosting Large Group Gatherings and Corporate Events on property
Country Farm Market
Pig Races
Trolley Ride
Brad’s Barnyard Adventure – 7 acres of fun! 80′ Tunnel Slide, Giant Gerbil Wheels, Pedal Karts, Cow Train, Rabbit Town
Direct Pumpkin sales to the public (pick your own)
A corn maze (which they sold tickets for)
Hayrides (which they sold tickets for)
educational field trips for schools, kids, friends and families
Campfire rental space
Harvest Haunted Attraction​

featured_image_template1.png

All above activities listed as being available for sale to the general public on their website -->> Fall fun on the farm! - Saratoga Fall Family Fun, Pumpkin Picking, Cornfield Maze

And here is the ruling which contains the facts for the case and the applicable law in question -->> http://www.capitalnewyork.com/sites/default/files/140808_DHR_LRF_Ruling.pdf

>>>>

Eh. This sounds kinda ****ty, to me.

Is this farm of theirs used ONLY for weddings? As in, THAT'S the business?

To answer the question, no it's not.

>>>>

This isn't a rebuttal to anything I said.
Of course it was and it showed that your meaningless generalization was just that meaningless, much like the asinine assertion that the concept of liberty is not important to me.

Of course it was and it showed that your meaningless generalization was just that meaningless, much like the asinine assertion that the concept of liberty is not important to me.

It's comical the way he has to dress up his arguments with bloviations about liberty and freedom in order to argue that if we want to be free, we have to give the bigots and racist the right to discriminate. Too bad you (and most other americans) don't appreciate "the beauty of liberty" the way he does

No idea. But, then again, I never said their First Amendment rights were being violated because they weren’t permitted from saying something. I simply stated that their First Amendment rights were being violated which they are.

1. Congress shall make no law impeding the free exercise of religion and the courts were forcing them to violate their religious beliefs.

2. Congress shall make no law interfering with the right of peaceful assembly. We have the right to assemble with whom we want and, by contradistinction, not to assemble with whom we don’t want. The Giffords did not want to participate in any way with a homosexual wedding as is their right. The court decided otherwise--a First Amendment violation.

And how is their right to practice their religion being infringed upon??? Just because they can't discriminate because of public accomedation laws doesn't mean they can't practice their religion.

So, you are wrong..

So being a Christian is "stupid" and "bigoted"?

How "unintelligent" and "intolerant" of you.

Using religion as an excuse for breaking the law is unintelligent.

WorldWa[U said:
tcher;1063712544]There is no doubt that Liberty Ridge Farms was functioning as a place of Public Accommodation under the law. Now gowning corn and pumpkins for sale to distributors isn't conducting business as a place of Public Accommodation - no doubt.

However that's the only part of of the Liberty Ridge Farm's business model, their model also included:

Event Planning Services including (Weddings, Corporate Picnics, Team Building Workshops, Company Appreciation Gatherings, Social Gatherings, Fundraisers, Birthdays, Family Reunions, & Banquets)
Hosting Wedding and Reception events in the 2400 sq ft first floor of the Dutch Barn (see image below from their web site)
Catering
Hosting Small Grou​
[/U]p Gatherings on property
Hosting Large Group Gatherings and Corporate Events on property
Country Farm Market
Pig Races
Trolley Ride
Brad’s Barnyard Adventure – 7 acres of fun! 80′ Tunnel Slide, Giant Gerbil Wheels, Pedal Karts, Cow Train, Rabbit Town
Direct Pumpkin sales to the public (pick your own)
A corn maze (which they sold tickets for)
Hayrides (which they sold tickets for)
educational field trips for schools, kids, friends and families
Campfire rental space
Harvest Haunted Attraction​

featured_image_template1.png

All above activities listed as being available for sale to the general public on their website -->> Fall fun on the farm! - Saratoga Fall Family Fun, Pumpkin Picking, Cornfield Maze

And here is the ruling which contains the facts for the case and the applicable law in question -->> http://www.capitalnewyork.com/sites/default/files/140808_DHR_LRF_Ruling.pdf

>>>>

See., they were already accommodating a certain section of gays. They had giant gerbil wheels.

And how is their right to practice their religion being infringed upon??? Just because they can't discriminate because of public accomedation laws doesn't mean they can't practice their religion. So, you are wrong..

Using religion as an excuse for breaking the law is unintelligent.

“Public accommodation laws” are unconstitutional when they infringe upon our individual liberties.

So being a Christian is "stupid" and "bigoted"?

How "unintelligent" and "intolerant" of you.

No being christian is not being stupid...

Being Stupid bigot Christian is begin stupid!

Their business model can not ban against gays, anymore than they can ban against blacks, Jews or any other ethnic race, religion or creed and yes being gay is part of it.

And the Irony...excellent sign of being stupid is that the very people who bitch about being unjustly judged and punished for their belief are the very ones doing judging on others.

Diving Mullah

Two points. A.) It wasn't a rebuttal to anything I said and B.) I didn't say "the concept of liberty" was not important to you. Your vacuous retort is what is meaningless. You said nothing to refute what I said and couldn't even correctly understand what I in fact did say in regards to liberty, you, and myself. Effective, rational, and logical discourse is difficult, if not impossible, when one side fails to accurately understand what the other has said.

Two points. A.) It wasn't a rebuttal to anything I said
Yes it was. You made a meaningless and irrelevant generalization. I showed that property rights were not infringed on.

I didn't say "the concept of liberty" was not important to you. Your vacuous retort is what is meaningless.
I stand corrected, you said: " I understand this concept of liberty, freedom, and private property isn't as important to you." just as stupid and baseless.

You said nothing to refute what I said
Your denial hardly makes a difference. The posts are there for anyone to read.

Yes it was. You made a meaningless and irrelevant generalization. I showed that property rights were not infringed on.

I stand corrected, you said: " I understand this concept of liberty, freedom, and private property isn't as important to you." just as stupid and baseless.

Your denial hardly makes a difference. The posts are there for anyone to read.

And I explained how exactly property rights and liberty were infringed upon. You did not refute my comments in your post. You absolutely did not. Now, explain to me how exactly property rights and liberty are not infringed upon by this public accommodation law because, logically speaking, it is IMPOSSIBLE neither one isn't infringed upon. It is a logical and factual impossibility public accommodation law in this case does not infringe upon property and liberty rights. This law absolutely does infringe upon those rights but the difficulty here is an inability on your behalf to even conjure up a defense for this infringement, a defense which isn't hard to imagine much less articulate such a defense as a rebuttal. Rather, you read the word "infringement" and panic, think this can't be infringement, and just repeatedly deny infringement. What your position is oblivious to is the possibility, and fact in this instance, there does exist infringement, no matter how many times you deny it.

Another non-intelligible response. My comment isn't "stupid" and neither is it "baseless" but founded upon the facts of this decision and your reasoning.

Your denial hardly makes a difference. The posts are there for anyone to read

Yeah, they are going to read your non-sense and scratch their heads.

The right to illegally discriminate does not exist under our legal system. Therefore, it can't be infringed upon

Back
Top Bottom