• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 55 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 127 69.8%

• Total voters
Hey man this stuff is polarizing, people get upset.

I thought i tried to make it clear that i don't want to make some law banning the flag altogether. I hope that people find new ways to show their southern pride, using symbols that have not been used by hate groups.
Sadly because this is the land for white hate groups (I love it here, but its a sad truth), any symbol taken up by the south will be taken up by the hate groups as well.

Re: Confederate Flag

And even the hundred year old reb vet her gpapa heard it from in the 1920's spent most of his time in the war in a POW camp.

Her stories make me think of that social experiment, where you tell one person a story, and by the time it gets to the 20th person, it's a completely different story. I'd bet $20 Confederate dollars that that is exactly what has happened here.

Her stories make me think of that social experiment, where you tell one person a story, and by the time it gets to the 20th person, it's a completely different story. I'd bet $20 Confederate dollars that that is exactly what has happened here.

Let's up it to 100.00

Note the slaves - elevating their wicked institution to something they glorified on their currency.

Let's up it to 100.00

Note the slaves - elevating their wicked institution to something they glorified on their currency.
Actually, that is just one of the non states notes and half truths again. They couldn't rely on one currency like the states did so many different confederate states had their own money system of confederate dollars.

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

Here is the original confederate $50 bill Issued by the treasury, and yes does show slaves working on a farm going about their daily lives....

Actually, that is just one of the non states notes and half truths again. They couldn't rely on one currency like the states did so many different confederate states had their own money system of confederate dollars.

View attachment 67187446

"non states notes" ??? "half truths" -- Showing graphic history is half-truths? Denial is rich.

You really should learn a little something about US currency notes back Circa 1860.

Nonetheless, that does not remove the horrid stain of the CSA and its intimate marriage with human trafficking.

"non states notes" ??? "half truths" -- Showing graphic history is half-truths? Denial is rich.

You really should learn a little something about US currency notes back Circa 1860.

Nonetheless, that does not remove the horrid stain of the CSA and its intimate marriage with human trafficking.
I have learned something they had to rely on different notes made by people rather than the treasury a non state sanctioned one actually. That's a Georgia one you posted.

I have learned something they had to rely on different notes made by people rather than the treasury a non state sanctioned one actually. That's a Georgia one you posted.

No, I posted a Virginia note.

Prior to the early-mid Civil war years and Lincoln signing the National Currency Act, instituting a national currency - Banks - private entities, issued paper currency, all across the country -- leading to some 8,000 different types of notes.

There was no "issued by the treasury" paper money prior to the CW - anywhere.

No because I don't and there is nothing in a of my posts to suggest I do. So we have started off our intercourse on a lie, yours. that does not bode well for you.

Now, if you have specific complaints from the CANADIAN professors who taught me, and have read my paper on the underground railroad where I researched the stories of slaves who broke free and risked their lives to get to my country and free of the in-bred bastards that were trying to kill them by actually visiting the sons and daughters of slaves in Chatham, Ontario.

And maybe you can correct my prof who spent five years in the deep south researching its history, personally researching because he did not believe US history books. I guess to you he'd be a lyin' Yankee too.

"In-bred bastards"? Stereotyping is a form of prejudice. When someone stereotypes they lose credibility. Name calling is also a form of prejudice. Many of us would like very much for prejudice, name calling, discrimination and bigotry in all forms to end in the United States. All the states. You've made it clear that Canada has to work on its own issues with prejudice, name calling, discrimination and bigotry.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to put your soap box away until things get worked out on your end.

What's a really weird thing is -- I don;t think the HorseGirl is racist. She's one of the few who cling to the Lost Cause who isn't.

She just, in no way in blazing hell, can abide her grandpapa lied to her. It all emanates from there.

A dough-eyed little girl with twinkly eyes at her beloved old octogenarian pops knee is what I see -- and no advance from that.

How did you determine that? What qualifies you to be the white arbiter of all things racist?

In which state do you live?

No, I posted a Virginia note.

Prior to the early-mid Civil war years and Lincoln signing the National Currency Act, instituting a national currency - Banks - private entities, issued paper currency, all across the country -- leading to some 8,000 different types of notes.

There was no "issued by the treasury" paper money prior to the CW - anywhere.
sorry my mistake they look the same

James de Wolf from Rhode Island became one of the richest men in America because of human trafficking. He trafficked more slaves - over 100,000 - than anyone in America. James de Wolf committed horrid acts. He trafficked slaves to and from the Caribbean islands to work on his sugar plantations so that he could profit by manufacturing rum. He sent a relative to Charleston, SC to open a slave business. He owned and transported slaves. He invested in cotton (picked by slaves) and invested in textiles. He shipped raw cotton overseas on the slave ships as they crossed to Europe and then down to Africa to pick up more slaves.

Brown University was established on money made from the slave trade.

New York, Providence, shall I continue with facts you don't know or chose to ignore? Slavery is a stain on much of the United States. Its legacy lives on in ALL of the United States. Playing "gotcha" on the internet does jack squat to end discrimination and bigotry.

You righteous indignation is duly noted.

You would be wrong

I am jumping in to this one but are you claiming that Caine's point is invalid because before the law, blacks and whites were treated equally?
No, in 1861 there was not racial equality before the law. This is another typical example of where you cannot understand VERY simple points. It doesn't matter how much I reduce the points down, there is some fault that stops you from reading the words I post and process them. The point made by Caine was that the idea, the concept of equality of the races did not exist in 1861. I pointed out that is completely false. He then tried to argue that the concept was not widespread, which again is false. He then tried to argue that the concept was not widely accepted, finally massaging his comment into a truth, but that took multiple attempts to reach. I wonder how many posts of hand holding and repeating previously made points it will take to get you to a position of clearly understanding the concepts and the chronology of this exchange between Caine and I that you decided to jump into without understanding, without reviewing carefully to where you ask if I was claiming that racial equality before the law existed in 1861.

Playing "gotcha" on the internet does jack squat to end discrimination and bigotry.

You righteous indignation is duly noted.
You did not win a "gotcha" since no one is claiming that there was not racists in the North. Complete fail. Further, you did not even address anything related to the currency in circulation, the state of banking in the US pre-CW, so you produced a non-sequitur to boot.

Back
Top Bottom