• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comer invites Biden to testify publicly as part of House impeachment inquiry.

Hunter has been demanding a public hearin and now he's getting it. I say he doesn't show. What do you think?

Guys…it’s over.

They have more than that. They have a record of Joe Biden repeatedly denying he played any role in the Biden family’s business activities, and had no knowledge of Hunter's business deals, but the Committee has amassed evidence including bank records and witness testimony that completely contradicts Joe Biden's position on these matters.
My first question to Joe would be, "What the hell were you selling to the Chinese for millions of dollars?"

Not spinning. I'll try again. Every committee hearing has a close door meeting first to ask questions of witnesses. This is done so there is a record of their testimony. Then a public hearing open to the public. If a witness gives a different answer at the public hearing, that needs to be explained adequately or the witness is a liar. That's the reason Hunter wanted a public hearing first. People who don't know how this works bought the democrat propaganda. Hunter has to play by the rules just like everyone. No one is above the law....right?
I can think of at least two people. Jim Jordan defied a congressional subpoena and Donald Trump at least thinks he should have absolute immunity.

The way it works is a witness meets with the committee behind closed doors first, then a public hearing. Hunter didn't want to do that because he would have to remember his lies. That's why committees have a closed door hearing first. Both sides do this.
So if committees always have a closed door meeting first then why are they asking Joe Biden to testify publicly?

My first question to Joe would be, "What the hell were you selling to the Chinese for millions of dollars?"
Why do you think Comer did a 180 from this Monday when he said he was giving up on impeachment and that “I am preparing criminal referrals as the culmination of my investigation” in a fund raising letter to donors?

So if committees always have a closed door meeting first then why are they asking Joe Biden to testify publicly?
To match his testimony with others. He's the target.

Show the evidence. The congressional committee has bank records.
How about Comer showing the evidence instead of making sinister innuendos absent of any proof or evidence? The bank records they possess have shown nothing that can be considered as being even remotely nefarious in any way, shape, or form.

Subpoena my bank records.
You could have buried the money in your back yard.

Pop quiz. What President has shared 25 years of tax returns, and what President has not shown any?

Hmm. Who would I be more apt to believe is forthcoming and truthful about their financial dealings. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

To match his testimony with others. He's the target.
That is the complete opposite of what you said before.

Here’s your quote:

“The way it works is a witness meets with the committee behind closed doors first, then a public hearing. Hunter didn't want to do that because he would have to remember his lies. That's why committees have a closed door hearing first. Both sides do this.”

Biden is a witness. According to you his testimony should be closed first.

And committees don’t have witnesses in closed meetings first and open meetings second so that they can see if their story matches.

Here is the rule used to determine open and closed meetings:

1. As required by clause 2(g) of Rule XI of the Rules of the House of Representatives, each meeting for the transaction of business, including for the mark-up of legislation by the Committee, shall be open to the public except when the Committee in open session and with a quorum present determines by record vote that all or part of the remainder of the meeting on that day shall be closed to the public because disclosure of matters to be considered would endanger national security, would compromise sensitive law enforcement information, would tend to defame, degrade, or incriminate any person, or would otherwise violate any relevant law or the Rules of the House of Representatives.

Of course in this case, the purpose of the meeting is to “defame, degrade, or incriminate any person”, that person being Joe Biden.

Subpoena my bank records.
Why do you think Comer did a 180 from this Monday when he said he was giving up on impeachment and that “I am preparing criminal referrals as the culmination of my investigation” in a fund raising letter to donors?

How about Comer showing the evidence instead of making sinister innuendos absent of any proof or evidence? The bank records they possess have shown nothing that can be considered as being even remotely nefarious in any way, shape, or form.
You haven't seen the bank records.

You could have buried the money inBid your back yard.

Pop quiz. What President has shared 25 years of tax returns, and what President has not shown any?

Hmm. Who would I be more apt to believe is forthcoming and truthful about their financial dealings. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

You could have buried the money in your back yard.

Wrong. Trump has shown tax returns.

That is the complete opposite of what you said before.

Here’s your quote:

“The way it works is a witness meets with the committee behind closed doors first, then a public hearing. Hunter didn't want to do that because he would have to remember his lies. That's why committees have a closed door hearing first. Both sides do this.”

Biden is a witness. According to you his testimony should be closed first.

And committees don’t have witnesses in closed meetings first and open meetings second so that they can see if their story matches.

Here is the rule used to determine open and closed meetings:

1. As required by clause 2(g) of Rule XI of the Rules of the House of Representatives, each meeting for the transaction of business, including for the mark-up of legislation by the Committee, shall be open to the public except when the Committee in open session and with a quorum present determines by record vote that all or part of the remainder of the meeting on that day shall be closed to the public because disclosure of matters to be considered would endanger national security, would compromise sensitive law enforcement information, would tend to defame, degrade, or incriminate any person, or would otherwise violate any relevant law or the Rules of the House of Representatives.

Of course in this case, the purpose of the meeting is to “defame, degrade, or incriminate any person”, that person being Joe Biden.
Yes. Biden is the target. I think I said that.

You haven't seen the bank records.
Neither have you and the reason for that is because they don't prove anything. If they did we would have seen them by now. Because you can be damn Comer or Gym Jordan would not hold back on releasing them if that were so. From what I understand they're just your run-of-the-mill bank statements that show no illicit activity whatsoever. Face the facts. Comer has nothing cause if he did you would've seen it by now. He just wants to continue emphasizing via innuendo the appearance of unethical behavior without ever offering solid proof of it for purely political purposes. Comer and his cohorts don't care anything about doing the business of the people that they were elected to do. They are just interested in carrying on with revenge and retribution politics and as a result, this Republican House has been the least productive in terms of legislation in the history of Congress.

Neither have you and the reason for that is because they don't prove anything. If they did we would have seen them by now. Because you can be damn Comer or Gym Jordan would not hold back on releasing them if that were so. From what I understand they're just your run-of-the-mill bank statements that show no illicit activity whatsoever. Face the facts. Comer has nothing cause if he did you would've seen it by now. He just wants to continue emphasizing via innuendo the appearance of unethical behavior without ever offering solid proof of it for purely political purposes. Comer and his cohorts don't care anything about doing the business of the people that they were elected to do. They are just interested in carrying on with revenge and retribution politics and as a result, this Republican House has been the least productive in terms of legislation in the history of Congress.
You don't know what they have.

Wrong. Trump has shown tax returns.
Whose?

You are really ****ing funny. I see why so many people enjoy kicking you around. I am starting to think youre not worth of any effort at all, but Bobo dolls are fun at times.

As a completely tangential aside for old school DP members, bobo doll brings up memories, it is off topic, and no need to answer here, pm me. What became of Captain Courtesy?

Whose?

You are really ****ing funny. I see why so many people enjoy kicking you around. I am starting to think youre not worth of any effort at all, but Bobo dolls are fun at times.

As a completely tangential aside for old school DP members, bobo doll brings up memories, it is off topic, and no need to answer here, pm me. What became of Captain Courtesy?
Trump showed his tax returns. You are wrong. Kick that around.

Of course. Democrats have a two-tier justice system.
We do have a 2 tier thingy going on for sure. We have one candidate who has been convicted in civil trials for fraud and sexual assault this year and is going to be in court soon enough defending himself on 88 criminal charges. And then ew have a second candidate that has exactly zero charges filed against him. Any questions so far?

Trump showed his tax returns. You are wrong. Kick that around.
Substantiate that claim.

Kick that around until you do

We do have a 2 tier thingy going on for sure. We have one candidate who has been convicted in civil trials for fraud and sexual assault this year and is going to be in court soon enough defending himself on 88 criminal charges. And then ew have a second candidate that has exactly zero charges filed against him. Any questions so far?
You just made my point. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom