• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton's debate reference to nuclear response rekindles judgement questions

I just looked to see if he was still online, and he isn't, so, my guess is that he is working, or whatever he does....But, I am genuinely interested, because that made me do a double take last night, when she said it...I thought what the hell is she doing talking about that....And my guess is that it must be embarrassing to demo's because the only ones to have pointed it out so far is FNC....

Anyone that understands OPSEC, probably did a double-take.

It's not about the launch times, it's about Hillary verifying it.

Our nuclear armed enemies probably have a pretty good estimate, but comments by those in the know like a former, and very involved FLOTUS, provide a good piece of evidence to place in the intelligence matrix when you are weighing the distance and trajectory needed for a decapitation strike. Yeah. People with nuclear weapons actually think about this stuff.

The hostile media is holding Trumps feet to the fire when he was ambiguous about Iraq, yet he was a private citizen and did not have the intelligence briefings Hillary did. He had what you and I had. She voted as a member of the senate. Trump voted on the Howard Stern show before he ever thought he'd run for president.

Hillary has no clue as to what should be divulged and what should not.

Zbigniew Brzezinski — President Jimmy Carter’s national security advisor-- the guy who was responsible for getting the call, and notifying the president:

^ All teeded up for the money quotes. Four minutes. Confirmed.
"....the bottom line is that he recalled having only three minutes to decide whether or not to inform the president, after which the president had four minutes to decide whether or not to retaliate."

[h=1]Our Nuclear Procedures Are Crazier Than Trump[/h] U.S. presidents are currently given a four-minute window to decide whether or not to initiate an irreversible apocalypse. Sad!

• August 5, 2016

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/05/our-nuclear-procedures-are-crazier-than-trump/

Last edited:
Zbigniew Brzezinski — President Jimmy Carter’s national security advisor-- the guy who was responsible for getting the call, and notifying the president:

^ All teeded up for the money quotes. Four minutes. Confirmed.
"....the bottom line is that he recalled having only three minutes to decide whether or not to inform the president, after which the president had four minutes to decide whether or not to retaliate."

[h=1]Our Nuclear Procedures Are Crazier Than Trump[/h] U.S. presidents are currently given a four-minute window to decide whether or not to initiate an irreversible apocalypse. Sad!

• August 5, 2016

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/05/our-nuclear-procedures-are-crazier-than-trump/

Good try, but not exactly what we are talking about, and not what Hillary divulged last night....Hillary was talking about after the decision was made to launch, that it would take 4 minutes to actually launch the missiles....What you are highlighting is the time to make the decision to launch....

Good try, but not exactly what we are talking about, and not what Hillary divulged last night....Hillary was talking about after the decision was made to launch, that it would take 4 minutes to actually launch the missiles....What you are highlighting is the time to make the decision to launch....

He gave a timeline - Transcript of the above video: <snip>

BRZEZINSKI: Part of my job was to coordinate the response if something like that happened, to notify the president. I had three minutes in which to notify him. During those three minutes, I had to confirm it in a variety of ways. And then he would have four minutes to decide how to respond. And then 28 minutes later, some of us would be dead and we'd be living in a different age.

By deduction, we are hearing the NSA giving just exactly how many minutes there are from his / her call, to KABOOM.

Obviously not Classified.

Also, too: www.nti.org

Last edited:
He gave a timeline - Transcript of the above video: <snip>

BRZEZINSKI: Part of my job was to coordinate the response if something like that happened, to notify the president. I had three minutes in which to notify him. During those three minutes, I had to confirm it in a variety of ways. And then he would have four minutes to decide how to respond. And then 28 minutes later, some of us would be dead and we'd be living in a different age.

By deduction, we are hearing the NSA giving just exactly how many minutes there are from his call, to KABOOM.

Obviously not Classified.

Also, too: www.nti.org

Again, Hillary was talking about the timeline after that which Brzezinski, was speaking of....That's where I think you are confusing the matter.

And to the larger point: "And that's why 10 people who have had that awesome responsibility have come out and, in an unprecedented way, said they would not trust Donald Trump with the nuclear codes or to have his finger on the nuclear button."

Not sure that is actually true...I mean I have seen other doc's, and shows that talk of a response time (total time) that a missile would strike the enemy...But I don't recall any shows that I have seen that actually got into the time it takes for the missile to be launched, after the POTUS gives the order...Can you link to the PBS story, and show where in the story they talk about this detail?

LMAO your personal assurance is yours to deal with it has zero barring on reality this is why this isn't a REAL story on any news org and why theres no official complaint from the DoD. It's all nonsensical desperation for a story that people do on the right and left that objective people laugh at. I personally have a security clearance because of my job and if she did violate things this would be more of a story. Also the difference between strike times, launch times, missile response times etc is pretty meaningless and all the same info. When I have time I'll look it up I have no real desire because theres nobody that can post anything that makes this a REAL issue or concern unless of course to the type of people right and left that want to buy in to fallacies and drama. When somebody, anybody can post something that makes this a REAL concern it will matter more. Since im being nice and catering to this nonsensical worry I expect you to do the same and post something that makes this story real. As in the Dod has actually released an official complaint or somethign like that. If you can do that im on board and ill care because FACTS and REALITY matter not hyperbolic fallacies. But real quick before I leave though Ill just type in "PBS, president missile response time" and post what ever info comes up 1 and 2, You read it let me know because I currently dont have time but I will be back :)

Hey look first matches, let me know what they say because I dont have time at the moment (im sure youll have magical issues with them lol)
NOVA Online | Russia's Nuclear Warriors | From First Alert to Missile Launch
NOVA Online | Russia's Nuclear Warriors | From First Alert to Missile Launch (non-Flash)
When your job is to be ready for nuclear war | PBS NewsHour

also there was other info in the other thread you were in already showing that the 4min time is out there and released, dont forget to explain why that magically doesnt matter either :)

:popcorn2:

LMAO your personal assurance is yours to deal with it has zero barring on reality this is why this isn't a REAL story on any news org and why theres no official complaint from the DoD. It's all nonsensical desperation for a story that people do on the right and left that objective people laugh at. I personally have a security clearance because of my job and if she did violate things this would be more of a story. Also the difference between strike times, launch times, missile response times etc is pretty meaningless and all the same info. When I have time I'll look it up I have no real desire because theres nobody that can post anything that makes this a REAL issue or concern unless of course to the type of people right and left that want to buy in to fallacies and drama. When somebody, anybody can post something that makes this a REAL concern it will matter more. Since im being nice and catering to this nonsensical worry I expect you to do the same and post something that makes this story real. As in the Dod has actually released an official complaint or somethign like that. If you can do that im on board and ill care because FACTS and REALITY matter not hyperbolic fallacies. But real quick before I leave though Ill just type in "PBS, president missile response time" and post what ever info comes up 1 and 2, You read it let me know because I currently dont have time but I will be back :)

Hey look first matches, let me know what they say because I dont have time at the moment (im sure youll have magical issues with them lol)
NOVA Online | Russia's Nuclear Warriors | From First Alert to Missile Launch
NOVA Online | Russia's Nuclear Warriors | From First Alert to Missile Launch (non-Flash)
When your job is to be ready for nuclear war | PBS NewsHour

also there was other info in the other thread you were in already showing that the 4min time is out there and released, dont forget to explain why that magically doesnt matter either :)

:popcorn2:

Wow, just don't know why your responses have to be so damned harsh, and what is the matter with you that you feel the need to overkill such a simple question....

That said, you seem to be correct that it isn't classified, but I think this sentiment sums it up best for me....

"This four-minute figure may be “out there,” but it's certainly alarming how casually Hillary Clinton talks about sensitive matters of national security."

'''WTF''' Moment at 3rd Presidential Debate: Hillary Gives Away Time it Takes for US Nuclear Response

Pointing out you have difficulty with math is not a concession.

don't know what you are talking about...My math is just fine....But I will say, that Hillary didn't violate any classified info with that statement, but as I said to AgentJ it is alarming how casually she just throws out matters like that.

Define "personal identifier". With Bubba (Slick Willy) that could mean anything.

It's what they carry in order to prove who they are when using the "football".

You don't know what you're talking about.

You are reaching and looking for anything to try to attack her on. And there is plenty. No need to fake it.

No, she's obviously careless. That piece of information was extraneous and irrelevant; therefore only put out to show off her credentials. Good OPSEC practices would have suggested not revealing the information. It was at least sensitive, and she showed poor judgement given her recent position in the govt.

Well, she's right about one thing--if the President does it, it's not illegal, just like Nixon said.

Gawd, we've a rough road ahead.

1.) Wow, just don't know why your responses have to be so damned harsh
2.) and what is the matter with you that you feel the need to overkill such a simple question....
3.) That said, you seem to be correct that it isn't classified
4.) but I think this sentiment sums it up best for me....

"This four-minute figure may be “out there,” but it's certainly alarming how casually Hillary Clinton talks about sensitive matters of national security."

'''WTF''' Moment at 3rd Presidential Debate: Hillary Gives Away Time it Takes for US Nuclear Response

1.) LMAO harsh? I know thats a subjective term and its based on your feelings which is your right. Theres no right or wrong but I would love to point out what you feel is "so damned harsh" Thanks
2.) nothing at all I gave the best answer I could give under the circumstances at the time, what is wrong with you that made you think it was so damn harsh
3.) Yes I know
4.) and you are allowed to feel that way but its not alarming at all since its NOT anything secret classified or a matter of national security. Again do you have anything that actually and factually makes it such? anything that makes it a REAL story?

Back
Top Bottom