• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton announces ‘National Service Reserve’ for millennials

Is it now? Tell me something, how are these helpful and good programs funded?

The same way any other program is funded. With taxes. Which, I'll point out, are an unfortunately necessary part of life in a first world country.

Forcing people into labor is slavery.
They aren't forced. They are using their labor as a form of currency for a service. It is their decision to do that.

Your condescending "know-it-all" "holier-than-thou" ARROGANCE is dully noted and dismissed with a chuckle. :coffeepap

Your ridiculous comparison has been noted and *duly mocked.

So you agree that obstructionist behavior and disobedience should be punished with mandatory servitude with regard to debt by the system rightfully headed by a "Party of Hope" as your Comrade pointed out in post #67 above?

Are you that ill?

When I got on the train to go to the hostel to watch the debate there was a great pile of vomit at the door so I got in another car.

Clinton is right on and you should all conspire to put her Party in power so they can get some things done.

Why? You don't have to volunteer for anything. You can pay tuition if you want. I thought Libertarians were fine with paying for services.

Libertarians are not known to support the state forcing people into community service.

Personally I think you're so self centered you refuse to help out the homeless or conduct other services that benefit the community that's just plain out pathetic.

When you use the government as a metric for ethics you are part of the problem.

When I got on the train to go to the hostel to watch the debate there was a great pile of vomit at the door so I got in another car.

Clinton is right on and you should all conspire to put her Party in power so they can get some things done.

You expect me to take this insanity seriously?

Well you know what they say: volunteer service leads to gas chambers and Nazi propaganda. :mrgreen:

First, you have people helping feed people at a soup kitchen and next thing you know they'll be singing Lili Marlene and wearing stahlheim:mrgreen:

They aren't forced. They are using their labor as a form of currency for a service. It is their decision to do that.

Except of course it's mandatory. I wonder how a mandatory program can also be a volunteer program. Must be one of those wonderful statist oxymorons.

Clinton announces ‘National Service Reserve’ for millennials

So, not only has she doubled-down on her generalization that all millennials are "uninformed children living in their parents' basements", now she thinks they should participate in mandatory servitude to the government.

Trump is officially the lesser of two evils in this election.

She must be stopped!

This is the ultimate boot-stomp on the face of the Youth of the Nation, and the movement Bernie galvanized. She's basically saying, "you lost, now submit!"

Utterly ****ing terrifying.

Did you miss the term VOLUNTEER in this proposal?

We have the moral high ground and you authoritarians know it. I can see it.

First, you have people helping feed people at a soup kitchen and next thing you know they'll be singing Lili Marlene and wearing stahlheim:mrgreen:

How many students at your school would rather not take part in your schools program?

When you use the government as a metric for ethics you are part of the problem.

Ooh scary. I'm "part of the problem". :roll:

I think a rather bigger problem is the hatred of those less fortunate than you.

"Feeding people at a soup kitchen" is not what this is.

Point out where I said I "hate those less fortunate than I". I'm waiting.
Of course you can't and you won't, because you're full of ****. And I will be waiting forever.

Being opposed to the state forcing people to help others is not hating on the less fortunate.

Except of course it's mandatory. I wonder how a mandatory program can also be a volunteer program. Must be one of those wonderful statist oxymorons.
Where in the world did you come to the conclusion that it is mandatory? That's the answer I need.

How many students at your school would rather not take part in your schools program?

Have I polled them? Nope. Undoubtedly some.

But a big part of life is doing things you'd rather not do. You can man up, do the, and get it over with; or you can whine like a baby about it and annoy the **** out of everybody within earshot.

Have I polled them? Nope. Undoubtedly some.

But a big part of life is doing things you'd rather not do. You can man up, do the, and get it over with; or you can whine like a baby about it and annoy the **** out of everybody within earshot.

Hmmm...

You know, that reasoning doesn't work here. The things you would rather not do in your life deal with your survival, not with people forcing you into things.

Point out where I said I "hate those less fortunate than I". I'm waiting.
Of course you can't and you won't, because you're full of ****. And I will be waiting forever.

I'm assuming you missed the part in your article where it said part of the program would be caring for the homeless?

You immediately compared that to the Hitler Youth.

Ergo....

It is not.

And your evidence of that claim?

Here is the first line of the story linked to in the OP

Hillary Clinton announced Friday that she wants to enlist 5 million new volunteers into a “National Service Reserve” aimed at 18- to 30-year-olds.
emphasis added

Back
Top Bottom