• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cat person or dog person ?

Cat person or dog person ?

• Total voters
My cat thinks she's a dog

maybe she's just psychotic...none the less, she is mine

I'm good with whatever lands at my door and needs a home

Yup I have 3 cats who are dog like.

They talk to me.

They follow me around.

And they come home when I call them.

My cat thinks she's a dog

maybe she's just psychotic...none the less, she is mine

I'm good with whatever lands at my door and needs a home

Yeah, I've got a cat that thinks he's a dog too, he does everything the dogs do, he cuddles with the dogs, he rubs all over the dogs, etc. I have another cat that only rubs, but she really loves molesting the dogs and scent marking them.

I have rats. Smarter then any dog I've seen.

I used to breed rats for show, many, many years ago. Great animals and fantastic pets, extremely intelligent and loving. If I didn't have so many animals now, I'd get a couple.

I used to breed rats for show, many, many years ago. Great animals and fantastic pets, extremely intelligent and loving. If I didn't have so many animals now, I'd get a couple.

They don't live long enough.. :/

Our guys:

Cabot is the shorthair....Napoleon is the longhair.

They're really good buddies.

:shrug:
Rats aren't that stupid in many cases.

As anybody who has had snakes, particularly pythons, the rats intelligence doesn't matter.

Cat people are ******s. :2wave:

Yup I have 3 cats who are dog like.

They talk to me.

They follow me around.

And they come home when I call them.
holy wow, mine too...she never stops talking, thinks she's my shadow and comes immediately when called

she also like to throw herself at the wall and bounce off of it with all four paws when chasing her cat dancer or the little red bug...no dog would do that

I have rats. Smarter then any dog I've seen.

my girlfriend bought a rat named Jimmie for her autistic son....my god, rats should live longer, they loved that rat, he had little hammocks and toys and games...they are so smart

because of her rat I checked them out one day at the pet store...the clerk was super cool and asked if she could let them out of their cage

I was up for it so she opened it...wow, they swarmed me...ran up me and were so excited to be petted and spoken to

I will never look at a rat in the same way again

kudos to you

Yeah, I've got a cat that thinks he's a dog too, he does everything the dogs do, he cuddles with the dogs, he rubs all over the dogs, etc. I have another cat that only rubs, but she really loves molesting the dogs and scent marking them.

cats are amazing...this girl is unusual compared to what I have been owned by previously

she doesn't scratch or bite...I am used to being bitten and scratched at their whim...she is chilled out in the most amazing way

whoever had her previously treated her well...she just trusts you won't drop her and that if you are human you are a safe zone

she is an attention whore

They don't live long enough.. :/

No, not anymore. A couple of decades ago, they lived a lot longer, but in-breeding in the pet trade has reduced their lifespan to about 2 years. The same is true of a lot of purebred dogs which live much, much shorter than mutts. But then again, you get a constant flood of new pets, so there is that...

Well, actually my daughter does... :)

What kind?? out of the pythons, I like the ball pythons, because they don't grow overly large. I wouldn't get a Reticulated , that's for sure.

What kind?? out of the pythons, I like the ball pythons, because they don't grow overly large. I wouldn't get a Reticulated , that's for sure.

I've had pretty much everything in the past, including retics, but she just has a ball.

How can snakes be pets? Do they actually show any kind of attachment at all? No way. I couldn't have a snake in my house.

How can snakes be pets? Do they actually show any kind of attachment at all? No way. I couldn't have a snake in my house.

They can definitely distinguish between people.. but their senses can be overcome with their feeding instinct. They are not my favorite animal to have around the house, but the balls are very relaxed and mellow as snakes, and the ones I had in the house liked to hang out around me neck (probably the warmth. ) When the young lady that I took in went off to college, I got rid of the ones she didn't take. She was the one that was fascinated by snakes.

They can be surprisingly affectionate, they know who owns them, they are happy to curl up with you and are low maintenance. Snakes make really good pets.

They can definitely distinguish between people.. but their senses can be overcome with their feeding instinct. They are not my favorite animal to have around the house, but the balls are very relaxed and mellow as snakes, and the ones I had in the house liked to hang out around me neck (probably the warmth. ) When the young lady that I took in went off to college, I got rid of the ones she didn't take. She was the one that was fascinated by snakes.

They can be surprisingly affectionate, they know who owns them, they are happy to curl up with you and are low maintenance. Snakes make really good pets.

That is interesting, but I admit I say that while cringing. I am glad people enjoy their pet snakes, and that is a good thing. I'm sorry if I was insensitive in my comment. It was caused by my own personal feelings about slithering things. I have known some guys who had snakes or lizards as pets, and they loved them. And they loved trying to get me to hold them, of course. No thanks. To each their own.

I like both, but if I had to choose, I prefer cats.

Dogs are awesome. They're useful, and they're always happy to see you.

My issue is they are too gall darn NEEDY. They need to be socialized, they need to be fed, they need to be walked, they need this, they need that, ALL the damn time. Any time you want some privacy or alone time is a personal affront or rejection to the dog.

Cats are more independent. They don't need you all the time. They don't have to be glued to your side constantly. If you want them to F-off for a while, they don't take it personally. Hell my cats will go out and kill something and eat it if they don't get fed on time.

I prefer people who are independent too.

That is interesting, but I admit I say that while cringing. I am glad people enjoy their pet snakes, and that is a good thing. I'm sorry if I was insensitive in my comment. It was caused by my own personal feelings about slithering things. I have known some guys who had snakes or lizards as pets, and they loved them. And they loved trying to get me to hold them, of course. No thanks. To each their own.

Snakes are one of the common phobias people have. I know someone who was scared of frogs. Snakes and spiders seem to be the two big instinctive ones

Back
Top Bottom