• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caitlin Clark Popularity

Based on my missing the '2025' draft pick.
LOL. No sweat.
My point was that in professional sports ticket sales drive all other benefits. Local TV and radio contracts and sponsor rates increase when tickets are not available. More ancillary revenue occurs from parking, concessions and merchandise. Community buzz is generated by lack of ticket availability. Bueckers may actually be a better player (I'm not fully on board with that conclusion), but Clark will sell more tickets in the WNBA.
I get your point now. Thanks for clarifying.

She’s everywhere. She even brought a few of her friends to Saturday Night Live. At the end of the show goodnight wave with everyone on stage, Caitlin was there and also had Gabbie Marshall, Kate Martin, and Jada Gyamfi on stage along for the ride. What a thrill for all of those young ladies. Awesome. They’ll never forget that.

She’s everywhere. She even brought a few of her friends to Saturday Night Live. At the end of the show goodnight wave with everyone on stage, Caitlin was there and also had Gabbie Marshall, Kate Martin, and Jada Gyamfi on stage along for the ride. What a thrill for all of those young ladies. Awesome. They’ll never forget that.

She is a needle-mover.

She needs to capitalize on all the brand deals and sponsorships now because the WNBA pays peanuts and is a league, in the past has failed to promote its stars.

If I were her I would sign a contract with Barstool sports asap.

And then brand sponsorship with Lululemon.

Cash is.

And if she dumps that broke college boyfriend and dates Tom Brady.. $$$$$

I expect Angel Reese to fall in the draft.

She is a needle-mover.

She needs to capitalize on all the brand deals and sponsorships now because the WNBA pays peanuts and is a league, in the past has failed to promote its stars.

If I were her I would sign a contract with Barstool sports asap.

And then brand sponsorship with Lululemon.

Cash is.

And if she dumps that broke college boyfriend and dates Tom Brady.. $$$$$
Good grief, another hot take. Barstool and Portnoy? That’s what you think?

Somebody who is already with State Farm, Gatorade, Nike, Gainbridge, and HyVee and relates to young kids like she does would actually consider Barstool Sports? What a career crushing move that would be. What in the way that she’s handled her career makes you think it’s all about the money with her, or that it would be a smart move?

Let’s hear it. And turn off Barstool radio. Now we know where you get your some of your ridiculously bad hot takes.

Did you figure that out all by yourself, Bucky? I'm so proud of you. Congratulations!
That's downright tautological of you!

Caitlin Clark: Regarding her play and size, she is a good player; however, I wouldn't categorize her as the LeBron James or MJ of women's basketball.

She is not a "freak athlete" or has a tremendous size or athletic advantage. There are more than a handful of women in the WNBA, past and present, who can match her play. She is not a physical mismatch.

There is a girl, Sarah Strong, who just signed with UConn. She is 6 4, averaging 16 rebounds in high school, and shoots lights out. That's someone who could potentially dominate the WNBA.

However, Clark is a potential cultural phenomenon, possibly in the Derek Jeter's or Tom Brady's mold. She can bring more legitimacy to the game. The WNBA must market her if it wants to expand and attract more young girls to the game of basketball.

Many young athletic girls want to play tennis, soccer, or golf. If Clark's popularity can inspire many of these young girls today to sway towards basketball, you could see a flood of talent in the WNBA and get their renaissance moment of a decade of stars - like the NBA had in the 80s and 90s.

But now, there is more money and fame in soccer and tennis for a young star female athlete.

Caitlin Clark could change that. She could be a very stoic ambassador to the game - dry banal "straight man" akin to a Jeter or Brady

Back
Top Bottom