• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britons launch campaign to ban Donald Trump from the UK

Trump+Voldemort+

JK Rowling is saying Trump is worse than Voldemort. Another half witted celebrity being somewhat politically inspired and releasing her brain-fart to brainwash the young. If all her idiotic followers on Twitter sign up, Donald might get the UK ban hammer.
Well, I also think that Voldemort has the better looks.

Maybe that's because an absence of hair frees one from the temptation to do absolutely silly things with it.

You gonna be our number two presenter of disingenuous spin from here on? The whole story would consist of the very simple fact that the whole stupid decision (ruling) was overturned. The embarrassing thing being that it took 7 months when it should not have been (made) necessary at all.
I sneakily omitted that in my attempt at spin. You thwarted me.

You do realize that Geert Wilders at one point was denied entry in the UK (it had to be overruled) and he's the diet soda version of Trump?
NOT. You even quoted me.

He was denied entry, period. Doesn't matter whether it was overruled, it happened.

Can I launch a petition to ban anybody who votes for him from the UK?

Although anybody who did would automatically be one of those Americans who has not got a passport, so no need.

The people who will vote for Trump are good 'Murikans'. They have no desire to ever leave the country. It's everybody who isn't like them that they want to leave the country.

Well, I also think that Voldemort has the better looks.

Maybe that's because an absence of hair frees one from the temptation to do absolutely silly things with it.

The hair is looking worse and worse every day. It undoubtedly looked better on whatever species of animal it came from.

I sneakily omitted that in my attempt at spin. You thwarted me.

NOT. You even quoted me.

He was denied entry, period. Doesn't matter whether it was overruled, it happened.
Yeah, edits made quick enough don't show that they've been made. But I know what the original post said.

Since neither of us can now prove different, might as well leave it.

And if you feel you've made a point with stressing the original refusal of entry, knock yerself' out, by all means.

The hair is looking worse and worse every day. It undoubtedly looked better on whatever species of animal it came from.
And they want to ban the poor guy from entry. I mean, Haysoos Christo he's smitten enough as it is.

I am getting a bit sick of stupid petitions attempting to make facile gestures as if the idea that banning someone from entering the country might make them change their behaviour. We've got Trump and Tyson Fury both on the receiving end of these online campaigns at the moment. Not only will it not have the slightest influence on what they do or say, it just makes the country look intolerant, paranoid and fearful of political arguments that are as easily refuted as they are offensive.

Let him come, put him on Newsnight or QT and watch how a properly free media rips him a new one - none of that supine, soft-balling he'll be used to. I'd buy a PPV of Trump vs. Paxman. I'd love to see that bout!

The people who will vote for Trump are good 'Murikans'. They have no desire to ever leave the country................
nor would they have a clue as to the direction to set forth on :mrgreen:

I am getting a bit sick of stupid petitions attempting to make facile gestures as if the idea that banning someone from entering the country might make them change their behaviour. We've got Trump and Tyson Fury both on the receiving end of these online campaigns at the moment. Not only will it not have the slightest influence on what they do or say, it just makes the country look intolerant, paranoid and fearful of political arguments that are as easily refuted as they are offensive.

Let him come, put him on Newsnight or QT and watch how a properly free media rips him a new one - none of that supine, soft-balling he'll be used to. I'd buy a PPV of Trump vs. Paxman. I'd love to see that bout!
I totally agree.

The whole venture is completely infantile.

I totally agree. The whole venture is completely infantile.
It fits with the "safe spaces" trend. Might as well make the whole UK a "safe space" for liberals and muslim extremists. Some weird bedfellows.

Nearly a quarter of the way there on the first day. How long do they have?

I don't know! Maybe a month, or perhaps they just run out of steam, and drop off the radar. The Trump ban one is doing 500 votes an hour right now, but might flag in a day or two, and not make it to the magic 100,000.

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

Donald Trump says "nasty" things and might get thrown out upon attempted entry in Britain but Anjem Choudary still gets benefits and to stay wherever his smelly ass is sitting. Did I wake up in bizarro world today?

The British are just like the SB shooters' neighbor: They don't want to appear racist.

The twaddles who want to ban Trump from Britain because of his "Anti-Muslim rethoric" are probably the same lot who wouldn't hesitate to cover up another massive "Asian" gang child sex ring so it wouldn't make Muslims look bad.

I don't know! Maybe a month, or perhaps they just run out of steam, and drop off the radar. The Trump ban one is doing 500 votes an hour right now, but might flag in a day or two, and not make it to the magic 100,000.

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

Better get it done, or we're liable to banish him to the UK.

The 500 votes an hour was because it was sleeping time at the time of your posting. Well, it's at 79,277 signatures now. I'd guess either today or tomorrow, they'll reach that figure.

Petition to Ban Trump prompted by the Facebook mob. Meanwhile Choudary continues to spew hateful/threatening speech and everyone says nothing.

That doesn't waste any money. This assumes otherwise useful work would be done in UK parliament.

That doesn't waste any money. This assumes otherwise useful work would be done in UK parliament.

I'm sure they will expense their pre debate waitrose sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom