• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blog Your Current Game

I got a very interesting drop last night from using an Ascendency rune on some trash armor while leveling my Acolyte:

1709902736691.png

I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it.

Here are my options if I use the armor:

1) Keep Skeletons as a specialized skill, focus on +X skeletons to get the total to 8, which would mean 3 full sized Golems

2) Despecialize Skeletons, go with 2 Full Sized golems and some new skill specialization

Golems are extremely tanky, and have a really nice splash damage, so 3 of them will be powerful, and I don't know what other skill I might specialize with my build, so Option 1 is currently winning.

I have 15 levels of leveling to decide, so no rush. 😄

Reactions: PoS
In playing around with builds, it seems like there really are no wrong builds. Some are more efficient(not the ones I am making tho~), but it is hard to make a build that cannot get the job done.

I would note that according to the Last Epoch tools, 47.2 % of all the necro builds they have listed there specialize in Bone Golem.

Bone golem has a nice AOE physical attack. If you are going with a DOT build the flame golem would be good. But yeah, no bad options.

I'm trying to figure out if I can parlay Blood Golem over-healing into Ward...

Having to replay Last Epoch because you chose the wrong mastery is somewhat of a drag, but I was able to get back to how far my first character did after a day's worth of gaming. Now Im going all-out on Necromancer undead army build: wraiths, golems, skeleton mages. Im thinking to make them all fire based, but I wonder if that might hamper me against fire immune bosses? Should I mix them up , like making frost golems with fire mages and wraith death knights?

Having to replay Last Epoch because you chose the wrong mastery is somewhat of a drag, but I was able to get back to how far my first character did after a day's worth of gaming. Now Im going all-out on Necromancer undead army build: wraiths, golems, skeleton mages. Im thinking to make them all fire based, but I wonder if that might hamper me against fire immune bosses? Should I mix them up , like making frost golems with fire mages and wraith death knights?
Mixing damage types means having to gear for multiple damage types, which makes each damage type less powerful kinda thing if that makes sense. When I was looking things up for a necro, it looked like fire was was the consensus pick, and I know a group of fire skeleton mages burn through enemies in no time(no pun intended). I note that I am not nearly a necro or powergamer expert tho.

Mixing damage types means having to gear for multiple damage types, which makes each damage type less powerful kinda thing if that makes sense. When I was looking things up for a necro, it looked like fire was was the consensus pick, and I know a group of fire skeleton mages burn through enemies in no time(no pun intended). I note that I am not nearly a necro or powergamer expert tho.

For me the real issue with the Acolyte class is figuring out the Necro DOT versus Poison DOT mechanic. Some necro skills have poison effects with no implicit Necro-->Poison switch so I don't know how to properly gear for it. It seems like the line is so blurred between Necro and Poison that you are always stuck splitting bonuses.

Im okay with it. Its fun genociding monsters while hardly working up a sweat. I hated tough games like Elden Ring because of this.

Im okay with it. Its fun genociding monsters while hardly working up a sweat. I hated tough games like Elden Ring because of this.

Yeah, it's satire though. The full video is pretty funny.

Also, probably a better thread for an endorsement: Anyone thinking about getting into Warhammer 40K, I would suggest you start with the book series GAUNT'S GHOSTS

I generally suggest that book series because as WH40K books o, it is the most relatable setting since it follows a regiment of Astra Millitarum through over a decade of a galactic campaign against the forces of Chaos.

Being Astra Millitarum they are normal human beings with normal human motivations, making it more relatable.

After that, I would suggest the shorter Eisenhorn series because that follows an Inquisitor, Gregor Eisenhorn, through his investigations and struggles against Chaos within that same galactic campaign. This series gets deeper into the nature of Chaos and the larger war of humanity.

After you complete those two series I would suggest you THEN read the Horus Heresy books as a sort of prequel to the previous two series that go in depth into the insanity that ended in to post-apocalyptic universe of WH40K

And I know I'm a huge fan of the universe, but the GAUNT'S GHOSTS and EISENHORN series are great all on their own, they require no prior knowledge to get into.

I’m looking for suggestions on good real time strategy games that will run natively on Mac OS.

I’m a fan of military strategy. Big Civ fan. My go to. Command and Conquer Generals - Zero Hour (which stopped working well - runs too fast).

I’m limited as I don’t fancy much. I like my PS5 but it’s a little GTA and mostly sport sims. The Show, Madden, PBA Tour 2K23. There is a boxing game and a flight sim I play once in a blue moon.

I’m looking for suggestions on good real time strategy games that will run natively on Mac OS.

I’m a fan of military strategy. Big Civ fan. My go to. Command and Conquer Generals - Zero Hour (which stopped working well - runs too fast).

Have you played any of the Total War series? They are kind of a hybrid between CIV and a RTS, and I think most of them have a Mac version.

Also, I'm not much of a RTS fan, but I quite liked Company of Heroes I & 2

Also, while I know I'm becoming a broken record, the Warhammer 40K Dawn of War I & Dawn of War II collections are excellent game series (III isn't good, though)

Have you played any of the Total War series? They are kind of a hybrid between CIV and a RTS, and I think most of them have a Mac version.

Yes actually. I have tried Empire. I can't say I was overly impressed.

While basic military tactics were present it wasn't very fleshed out, and the added concepts of decision making to look ahead for what was needed to facilitate a changing battlefield was almost entirely missing. No allocation of resources, etc.

Yes actually. I have tried Empire. I can't say I was overly impressed.

While basic military tactics were present it wasn't very fleshed out, and the added concepts of decision making to look ahead for what was needed to facilitate a changing battlefield was almost entirely missing. No allocation of resources, etc.

Fair enough. The Dawn of War I & II are very good and have plenty of added content since release.

Also, Company of Heroes I & II are good WWII RTS series.

I'd also recommend Combat Mission series which is a pseudo RTS (it uses a simultaneous turn system that is really rather cool). They have a MacOS demo of their newer iteration here:

It might show it's age, but the "We Go" system is pretty cool.

Im bringin libertea to the bug world in helldivers 2 lol.

Fair enough. The Dawn of War I & II are very good and have plenty of added content since release.

Also, Company of Heroes I & II are good WWII RTS series.

I'd also recommend Combat Mission series which is a pseudo RTS (it uses a simultaneous turn system that is really rather cool). They have a MacOS demo of their newer iteration here:

It might show it's age, but the "We Go" system is pretty cool.

Thanks. I will do a deep dive. Appreciated.

I'm been burnt out on gaming for about a week now. All of my current games on rotation seem more like a chore, which is more of a reflection on my mood than the game itself.

On the bright side, it probably saved me $70 because a month ago I would have picked up Dragon's Dogma 2 at launch but today I figured it would be another game in my library I wouldn't want to play.

Dragon's Dogma 2 announces a day before launch that they are working hard on a patch to improve frame rate? Uh... I guess kudos for getting out ahead of the issue, but apparently people with good gaming PCs are seeing frame rates under 30 in towns. This is starting to feel like a repeat of Starfield.

Which reminds me of something else I have been noticing that breaks my brain. My phone's suggested articles are, surprise surprise, all tech and gaming related. I had to literally laugh out loud at the absurdity the other day when I saw two articles side by side for two different games (Starfield and I think Helldivers 2) where both articles were from the same source, and both had essentially the same headline (paraphrased) "Massive Update on the way that will change EVERYTHING" ... the Helldivers 2 article was about the addition of mechs, new worlds, new weapons etc. etc. that were coming in the next patch while Starfield's article was about a new performance patch.

I think we are on the cusp of AAA games adding performance patches as paid DLC. "Coming to Dragon's Dogma 2: 144 fps patch for only $4.99!"

I'm been burnt out on gaming for about a week now. All of my current games on rotation seem more like a chore, which is more of a reflection on my mood than the game itself.

On the bright side, it probably saved me $70 because a month ago I would have picked up Dragon's Dogma 2 at launch but today I figured it would be another game in my library I wouldn't want to play.

Dragon's Dogma 2 announces a day before launch that they are working hard on a patch to improve frame rate? Uh... I guess kudos for getting out ahead of the issue, but apparently people with good gaming PCs are seeing frame rates under 30 in towns. This is starting to feel like a repeat of Starfield.

Which reminds me of something else I have been noticing that breaks my brain. My phone's suggested articles are, surprise surprise, all tech and gaming related. I had to literally laugh out loud at the absurdity the other day when I saw two articles side by side for two different games (Starfield and I think Helldivers 2) where both articles were from the same source, and both had essentially the same headline (paraphrased) "Massive Update on the way that will change EVERYTHING" ... the Helldivers 2 article was about the addition of mechs, new worlds, new weapons etc. etc. that were coming in the next patch while Starfield's article was about a new performance patch.

I think we are on the cusp of AAA games adding performance patches as paid DLC. "Coming to Dragon's Dogma 2: 144 fps patch for only $4.99!"
I am kinda where you are at, but don't want to spend too much money searching for that next good one. I picked up Cities Skyline 2, but as great as some of the changes are from the original, it kinda left me cold. Been playing Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts but am stuck in a war right now that I cannot figure out how to end, despite the fact that I have basically won it outright(2.7 million victory points to 300k for them). Right now I am downloading Battletech Advanced, going to give that a try because I do love the Battletech game and wish they would make a new one.

Also, have you seen the upcoming changes to Diablo 4? Completely redoing itemization and stealing some ideas from LE.

I am kinda where you are at, but don't want to spend too much money searching for that next good one. I picked up Cities Skyline 2, but as great as some of the changes are from the original, it kinda left me cold. Been playing Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts but am stuck in a war right now that I cannot figure out how to end, despite the fact that I have basically won it outright(2.7 million victory points to 300k for them). Right now I am downloading Battletech Advanced, going to give that a try because I do love the Battletech game and wish they would make a new one.

Also, have you seen the upcoming changes to Diablo 4? Completely redoing itemization and stealing some ideas from LE.

I saw that, and I will give it a shot. If nothing else allowing you to reuse your best enchantments is LONG overdue. It will take a lot of pressure off of the lingering storage issue.

That said, my worry is actually in the crafting. I fear they are making it too methodical and reliable. It's sounding like the majority of the grind is for materials to feed a crafting system that lets you make whatever you want. If that is what it is, I think that will get pretty boring.

Last edited:
I ended up playing a bit of Last Epoch this afternoon and kind of got into it a bit. I started back with my level 18 Sentinel and played to level 30 as a Void Knight.

I think my biggest hurdle with Last Epoch is I have probably made 30 characters since I bought the beta many years ago, so most of my game hours is me leveling characters through the story. If I were to credit Diablo 4 with one thing is was the change where you could just start all subsequent characters after the story. I think Last Epoch could benefit from letting all subsequent players just start the character with all Idol slots unlocked.

It was fairly relaxing, but maybe more because I was enjoying the show I was watching on the other monitor.

Back
Top Bottom