• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill O'Reilly has his own made up war stories. I wonder if Fox will[W:237,343,676]

Love how this narrative has gone with TB. First its a clear rebuttal and a claim that the Williams story was not covered:

Maybe NBC can cover it. They didn't cover the Williams story.

Not only did they cover it. They are running an investigation. Look it up.

Then the goalposts move from EVER reporting it to reporting it before he mentioned it on the air (which seemed about to be 24 hours or so) , and the outlines of a strawman start to appear:

I don't recall NBC reporting on it before he entered his self-imposed vacation. On what show did they report on it?

Carleen, of course, declines to bother to do the homework assignment since it wasnt even the original objection.

Now, its a declaration of victory over the strawman! Long live the strawman slayer!

I did look it up and I can't find anything, so it's obvious NBC never covered the story prior to Williams talking about it on the air that night.

Sometimes these threads are hilarious.

I expect O'Reilly to lie so I am not disappointed when he does. I was disappointed in Williams.

Love how this narrative has gone with TB. First its a clear rebuttal and a claim that the Williams story was not covered:

Then the goalposts move from EVER reporting it to reporting it before he mentioned it on the air (which seemed about to be 24 hours or so) , and the outlines of a strawman start to appear:

Carleen, of course, declines to bother to do the homework assignment since it wasnt even the original objection.

Now, its a declaration of victory over the strawman! Long live the strawman slayer!

Sometimes these threads are hilarious.

Thanks for posting where Carleen said they did cover it. I didn't even bother looking backwards for her post. I appreciate your help in proving Carleen made a statement that she couldn't back up.

By the way, I'm a "she" not a "he". But you already knew that. Forgot?

I don't care if either/ both lied... I dn't think either should be fired or quit, provided they offer an on-air apology.. and of course if their words are proven ot be lies.

I like the timing of this though... it's quite obvious someone went looking for "revenge" after the Williams thing.... there's literally no chance of this stuff just happening to come to light... there's a purposeful campaign at work here.

Thanks for posting where Carleen said they did cover it. I didn't even bother looking backwards for her post. I appreciate your help in proving Carleen made a statement that she couldn't back up.

By the way, I'm a "she" not a "he". But you already knew that. Forgot?

Hmmm. "He" was referring to Williams. (unless you wanted me to describe your BS as a 'strawwoman'?) and I'm pretty sure when a guy describes what happened on the air, that usually counts as 'covering it'.

But nice try to recover some credibility. I'm sure it worked for some people.

Hmmm. "He" was referring to Williams. (unless you wanted me to describe your BS as a 'strawwoman'?) and I'm pretty sure when a guy describes what happened on the air, that usually counts as 'covering it'.

But nice try to recover some credibility. I'm sure it worked for some people.

Huh? In English, please.

Did NBC report on it? I'm not asking if they did an investigation after Williams addressed it on their air. I'm asking if they reported on it. Because your issue is that Fox News isn't reporting on the accusation against O'Reilly. Who specifically are you looking for to report on the Media Matters investigation? Shep Smith? Megyn Kelly? Just curious. It seems to bother you that they aren't reporting on it.

Its as embarrassing as Brian Williams stories, if not worse.

But the Fox news crew is silent on the issue, probably because its not really a matter of 'trust', since no right thinking person actually trusts what O'Reilly says in the first place anyway.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem | Mother Jones

Report: Bill O'Reilly repeatedly told first-hand combat stories that never happened - Vox

The difference, of course, is that Williams purported to be a news reporter -- a purveyor of factual and objective reporting. O'Reilly is a commentator, a purveyor of opinion. Apples and oranges, and only desperate lefties would try to conflate the two.

Oh BS, I watch him every night and DVR him if I can't. He said that he was in El Salvador, Grenada, and Argentina "during" the Falklands war, he then quickly pointed out that he wasn't in Grenada, only Salvador and Argentina. This is a manufactured story and the clowns on this thread clearly don't watch OReilly, or this wouldn't have even passed the sniff test, morons! No wonder the left keeps up to 20% of the nation consistently sucking at the teet, you are all simply incapable of being objective or looking stuff up for yourself. Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Anyone that was around during the Falklands war knows full well that not s shot was fired into Argentina, and only the area around the Falklands was in dispute! He never, and I repeat never claimed he was in combat in Argentina, not once!

There, you now have the actual facts, go find something else to get bent out of shape on.

Tim-

In the other thread both left and right condemned Brian Williams. In this thread the left will condemn him but the right will defend him and claim its bs, it doesn't matter, its different, why isn't Obama fighting ISIS etc.

I'm on the right and if Bill is caught lying then give him hell! I personally can't stand that whiney twerp.

bill.jpg

Funny, all O'Reilly has done is call people names and attack anyone who dares to point out that he lied about the "war zone."

But then, O'Reilly has always been a bloviating ass.

Sorry Bill, but that petard you are being hoisted on? It's yours.

Huh? In English, please.

Did NBC report on it? I'm not asking if they did an investigation after Williams addressed it on their air. I'm asking if they reported on it. Because your issue is that Fox News isn't reporting on the accusation against O'Reilly. Who specifically are you looking for to report on the Media Matters investigation? Shep Smith? Megyn Kelly? Just curious. It seems to bother you that they aren't reporting on it.

LOL. I guess when you get called out, you can always pretend you dont understand English.

Yes, obviously NBC reported on it - Brian Williams discussed it on the air. A primary source, for chrissake. Have they continued to follow up? I dont know - I dont watch it and dont have Lexis access to comb thru clips. Carleen says they are, thats good enough for me, since I care little about the issue. But I just loved how you moved the goalposts around to declare victory a few pages later. Masterful, really.

I just put in a rhetorical question about Fox reporting on the issue. Its silly to think that they will even bother to comment... their schtick isnt actual balanced news.

Oh BS, I watch him every night and DVR him if I can't. He said that he was in El Salvador, Grenada, and Argentina "during" the Falklands war, he then quickly pointed out that he wasn't in Grenada, only Salvador and Argentina. This is a manufactured story and the clowns on this thread clearly don't watch OReilly, or this wouldn't have even passed the sniff test, morons! No wonder the left keeps up to 20% of the nation consistently sucking at the teet, you are all simply incapable of being objective or looking stuff up for yourself. Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Anyone that was around during the Falklands war knows full well that not s shot was fired into Argentina, and only the area around the Falklands was in dispute! He never, and I repeat never claimed he was in combat in Argentina, not once!

There, you now have the actual facts, go find something else to get bent out of shape on.

Tim-

Read the story, watch the video clips. Its not real complicated.

During his radio show on January 13, 2005, he declared, "I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it." When a caller questioned him about this, O’Reilly shot back: "I was in the middle of a couple of firefights in South and Central America." O'Reilly did not specify where these firefights occurred—in The No Spin Zone, the only South America assignment he writes about is his trip to Argentina—and then he hung up on the caller.

Last edited:
View attachment 67180786

Funny, all O'Reilly has done is call people names and attack anyone who dares to point out that he lied about the "war zone."

But then, O'Reilly has always been a bloviating ass.

Sorry Bill, but that petard you are being hoisted on? It's yours.

Actually, this evening BO showed the critics had the facts wrong. This one's over.

Tim-

He also lied about Inside Edition winning Peabody awards while he was on it, then apologized and said they were Polk awards, but he didn't win those either.

On The Situation, author Alan Skorski falsely attacked Al Franken | Research | Media Matters for America

This is what O'Reilly is reduced to:
And respond he did. In a series of scathing interviews last night, O'Reilly declared that Corn, Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief, is a "far-left assassin," a "guttersnipe liar," and a "disgusting piece of garbage" who authored "a politically motivated hit piece." He denied the allegations, claiming that "Everything I said about my reportorial career -- EVERYTHING -- is accurate" (this is obviously and demonstrably false).

In one interview with TVNewser, he even appeared to threaten Corn, saying, "When everybody writes the truth, I've talked to about eight or nine reporters, and when they verify what I'm saying, because it's easily verifiable, then I expect David Corn to be in the kill zone. Where he deserves to be."

Bill O'Reilly's "Combat Situation" Reporting, In His Own Words | Research | Media Matters for America

As Bill would say "what a pinhead"

Last edited:
LOL. I guess when you get called out, you can always pretend you dont understand English.

Yes, obviously NBC reported on it - Brian Williams discussed it on the air. A primary source, for chrissake. Have they continued to follow up? I dont know - I dont watch it and dont have Lexis access to comb thru clips. Carleen says they are, thats good enough for me, since I care little about the issue. But I just loved how you moved the goalposts around to declare victory a few pages later. Masterful, really.

I just put in a rhetorical question about Fox reporting on the issue. Its silly to think that they will even bother to comment... their schtick isnt actual balanced news.

So you're not mad that Fox News shows aren't reporting on this. You were just being anti-Fox for no reason. Got it.

I didn't declare victory. This isn't a contest. It's a message board. I'll remember though that posters posting something without proof is "good enough for you" next time I see you asking someone to back up a claim.

So you're not mad that Fox News shows aren't reporting on this. You were just being anti-Fox for no reason. Got it.

I didn't declare victory. This isn't a contest. It's a message board. I'll remember though that posters posting something without proof is "good enough for you" next time I see you asking someone to back up a claim.

Mad? Good lord, no.

I recognize Fox for what it is - the propaganda wing of the RNC. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mad? Good lord, no.

I recognize Fox for what it is - the propaganda wing of the RNC. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wouldn't know. Do you watch a lot of Fox News? What shows do you watch? Did they report on the O'Reilly thing today?

I wouldn't know. Do you watch a lot of Fox News? What shows do you watch? Did they report on the O'Reilly thing today?

I watch very little TV news. These days, my TV is pretty much dedicated to the Blackhawks, The Wire, Shameless and Its Always Sunny.

"Access Hollywood" reported it tonight on NBC. They also broadcast BO's crushing rebuttal.
Then I suppose I'll have to record his show tonight to see what he might say.

Is it enough to cause 3G to return tomorrow to apologize through tears of remorse?

Back
Top Bottom