• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden and Harris argue that Democrats will preserve health care and Republicans would take it away

Greenbeard

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Strong message, and one that should be a centerpiece of the campaign. On the one hand, Biden/Harris can point to successful efforts to make coverage more affordable, lower the uninsurance rate, and finally get Medicare the authority to negotiate drug prices.

Whereas Trump and the GOP are eyeing bans of IVF, abortion, and mifepristone, cuts to Medicaid and Medicare, and a renewed push to topple the Affordable Care Act (not to mention repeal the new Medicare drug price negotiation authority).

Stark contrast.

Biden and Harris argue that Democrats will preserve health care and Republicans would take it away
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Tuesday promoted their health care agenda in the battleground state of North Carolina, arguing that Democrats like themselves would preserve access to care while Republicans would reverse gains made over the past decade and a half.

Fourteen years after President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, the White House still sees health care as a winning issue during a campaign in which Biden has sometimes found himself on the defensive when it comes to immigration or the economy. Republicans have opposed Biden’s signature initiatives to lower medical costs, and they’ve seized opportunities to restrict abortion rights after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

“It’s sick. Now they want to quote, his words, terminate the ACA, as my predecessor says,” Biden said, referring to Republican former President Donald Trump. “If that were ever to happen, we’d also terminate a lot of lives as well. But we’re not going to let that happen, are we? We’re not going to let that happen.”

How many times do people have to be reminded that the ACA is not healthcare for it to sink in?

gotta keep spreading fear - that equals votes

both sides guilty BTW

Both sides are going to convince us voting for the other guy will lead to the total destruction of the country and democracy.

Strong message, and one that should be a centerpiece of the campaign. On the one hand, Biden/Harris can point to successful efforts to make coverage more affordable, lower the uninsurance rate, and finally get Medicare the authority to negotiate drug prices.

Whereas Trump and the GOP are eyeing bans of IVF, abortion, and mifepristone, cuts to Medicaid and Medicare, and a renewed push to topple the Affordable Care Act (not to mention repeal the new Medicare drug price negotiation authority).

Stark contrast.

A clear difference between the parties. Why any woman would vote Republican this election is beyond me.

trumpmeme.png

Last edited:
How many times do people have to be reminded that the ACA is not healthcare for it to sink in?

I agree. They should be talking about passing single payer health care.

both sides guilty BTW
Absolutely.. It's common knowledge (among Democrats anyway) that Republicans hate health care and everything else good and necessary for safety, prosperity, and especially health.

/smh - one just has to wonder at the gullibility of many of our friends on the left.

Absolutely.. It's common knowledge (among Democrats anyway) that Republicans hate health care and everything else good and necessary for safety, prosperity, and especially health.

/smh - one just has to wonder at the gullibility of many of our friends on the left.

I just know since Obamacare my premiums have soared, my co-pay's have soared and my coverages have went down.

I don't hate healthcare, I think you should earn and buy as good a coverage as you want to ! your body, your choice.

both sides guilty BTW
What are you talking about? There is the party of RWE billionaire oligarchs and the least educated state voting majorities they invest
heavily in triggering the vote out of for no result actually beneficial to those least educated state voting majorities, and there is the multi racial
party of the rest of us.

You can't spin demonstrable facts. Defending the following u8s admission you've been grifted to your marrow.

SR_23.12.01_BidenJudges_2.png

What are you talking about? There is the party of RWE billionaire oligarchs and the least educated state voting majorities they invest
heavily in triggering the vote out of for no result actually beneficial to those least educated state voting majorities, and there is the multi racial
party of the rest of us.

You can't spin demonstrable facts. Defending the following u8s admission you've been grifted to your marrow.

I don't believe in hiring people based on skin color or sexual orientation of gender do you ? if you do - that's discrimination

Strong message, and one that should be a centerpiece of the campaign.
It's a lie. Trump publicly said he would not seek to overturn the ACA.

It's a lie, he already spent four years seeking to overturn the ACA.
That's a lie. Trump never once tried to overturn the ACA as president.

But Trump did fix the ACA by zeroing out the odious and freedom-destroying penaltax. That alone is reason to vote for him again.

I just know since Obamacare my premiums have soared, my co-pay's have soared and my coverages have went down.

I don't hate healthcare, I think you should earn and buy as good a coverage as you want to ! your body, your choice.
You neglected to comment on the trajectory of your income during the period described.

It isn't Democrats in the House and senate who sunsetted this,

That's a lie. Trump never once tried to overturn the ACA as president.

But Trump did fix the ACA by zeroing out the odious and freedom-destroying penaltax. That alone is reason to vote for him again.

Gaslighting.

He tried to get Congress to overturn it.

He tried to get the Courts to overturn it for him.

He tried to destroy it via executive action.

Plus, you know, he already accidentally let his intentions slip during this very campaign.

The one certainty is that Trump will stop at nothing to try and destroy the ACA.

The Biden pukes keep trying to find issues to talk about, while they continue to ignore the issues that people want them to talk about.

Lots of people want to talk about Trump's plans to repeal the ACA, cut Medicaid and Medicare, and carry pharma's water by repealing Medicare's new drug price negotiation authority.

The one time Trump actually came close to articulating his alternative to the ACA, the plan was to shift costs to older and rural people and raise deductibles.

Gaslighting.

He tried to get Congress to overturn it.
Fair enough, but his plan was to replace it with something better.

He tried to get the Courts to overturn it for him.
That was 20 states, not Trump.

He tried to destroy it via executive action.
Obamacare was back-loaded to make Obama look good, but 10 years later the bills would come due. Trump refusing to do Obama's dirty work is not "trying to overturn" Obamacare.

And Trump did zero out the penaltax. That was a good thing!

Plus, you know, he already accidentally let his intentions slip during this very campaign.

The one certainty is that Trump will stop at nothing to try and destroy the ACA.
Are you quite sure about that? He said this yesterday.

Donald Trump Says He Won't Terminate Obamacare​

You neglected to comment on the trajectory of your income during the period described.

hasn't changed much at all - certainly hasn't kept up with inflation :(

Back
Top Bottom