• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Admits His Policies Are Hurting Us

ksu_aviator

Democrats are the fascists
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
If it moves, tax it.

If it keeps moving, tax it more.

If it stops moving, subsidize it.

Biden's Fed screwed up with the interest rate hikes. Now Biden's handlers feel they need to subsidize the housing market because what they've done has hurt middle class and lower Americans.

If it moves, tax it.

Biden's Fed screwed up with the interest rate hikes. Now Biden's handlers feel they need to subsidize the housing market because what they've done has hurt middle class and lower Americans.

Exactly how did Biden admit that a good policy is causing harm?

If it moves, tax it.

His policies aren't hurting us.

For Christ's ****ing sake man try not to be so gullible.

Your country deserves better.

The OP apparently does not understand how the Federal Reserve operates. I’m guessing there is low value in attempting to educate him.

The President directly controls the Fed. --the OP writer, apparently

EDIT: There's no "apparently" about this. Proof:

This is all fantasy. First, yes, the Fed is Biden's. His President, he owns what they do.

:LOL:

1. Fed is not Biden's

2. Fed did not screw up but got world wide inflation under control in this country

3. Biden did great

This is all fantasy. First, yes, the Fed is Biden's. His President, he owns what they do. Also, he was in favor of the rate hikes.

Second, the rate hikes were a huge mistake. Normally inflation is excess demand. This inflation was insufficient supply coupled with monetary easing. Raising the interest rates prevented a robust return to production and caused borrowed debt to be more expensive leading to more monetary easing. Inflation isn't under control. It is just beginning.

Finally, Biden did nothing. His handlers did it all..aka Obama's peeps.

The President directly controls the Fed. --the OP writer, apparently
It’s amazing how Biden has supreme control of the Fed, engineered massive electoral fraud without leaving a shred of evidence, while turning all the white Christian men into whiny victims—despite being a cognitive basket case.

Dark Brandon must truly be terrifying to these MAGA.

Subsidizing a good policy causes harm? :LOL:

Subsidizing anything causes harm. In this case, subsidizing a bad policy causes harm.

And where do you thinkbthe money for this $400 a month will come from?

Quote the name I called in my post or apologize for lying.
You called him "gullible" - which while adjectival rather than nominative still fits. He wasn't lying, and apologizing is properly in your court.

Rather than a tax cut, I’d rather the government incentivize the construction of more and more affordable housing.

Zoning. That's a local issue that feds have the power to do **** all about.

The other problem - and one that absolutely no one can do anything about - is that insurers are getting really skittish about insuring property. The government is eventually going to have to get into the insurance game, and people are going to have to prepare to pay a lot more just to have their property insured - by anyone.

Rather than a tax cut, I’d rather the government incentivize the construction of more and more affordable housing.
This probably would piss off a bunch of people with investments in real-estate, but I am starting to wonder if we should DIS-incentivize high-end apartments.

Handouts is only going to lower the cost of housing for the select few. It's inflationary and it'll hurt all the people who don't qualify for the handout let alone rack up the deficit. Better to work on increasing the housing supply. Cut zoning laws & city permit fees so more homes can be built.

Zoning. That's a local issue that feds have the power to do **** all about.

The other problem - and one that absolutely no one can do anything about - is that insurers are getting really skittish about insuring property.
Yeah.

I prefer treating the root causes of an issue rather than bandaging over the symptoms. The root issue are high housing costs due to zoning restrictions, a small number of mega home builders, and no limits on institutional investors and foreign nationals buying property as an investment to rent out. Federal government can tackle some of this but not all. Still, I’d rather see Biden talking about these issues rather than pitching a subsidy that ultimately is going to come out of my paycheck so that somebody else can move into a different home, and have an inflationary effect for the overall market.

Biden seems to be addressing two issues at once:

Rental shortages for those unable/not ready to buy a home. By incentivizing those ready to buy again, he's asking for them to get a 'starter' home, or to leave their starter home so the newbies can buy that one. This frees up rental space in the market which research has shown to be extremely full at the moment, leaving little for others who are not in the market to buy a house.

Second, Biden appears to be addressing the monumental increase in cost of housing at the moment. A 2000 dollar mortgage just became 1600 in the minds of the buyers--a much more doable number for some folks. :)

So, good plan Stan, but I too fully support massive construction happening across the nation so people can afford a roof over their heads without worrying about gas and food.

If it moves, tax it.

Bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom