• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice preside

Re: Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice pre

What narrative am I not letting go of?

That Palin is stupid. She is not stupid. She has taken advantage of the negative press and turned it into something that inspires certain(and a lot) people. And those people are voters.

And they will turn out and they will vote Republican, regardless of the VP choice.

Re: Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice pre

As far as being fake, I want to repeat that I found this on multiple sources. I think the original is the Washington Post. Carson did say it. Whether it is true, or he was told to say it so as to generate media attention, that I cannot say for sure.

If you had read the original source prior to posting you would known it was reported that Carson walked back what he said.

(Update: After this story was published, Carson called to clarify his comments: "When it comes to who could be the vice president and you name a list of people," he said. "I’m going to say yes to everybody, everybody could potentially be considered, doesn’t mean they are on the shortlist.")

Is Ben Carson the worst or the best surrogate of all time? Yes.

But yeah, it may have been to generate media attention.

Looking further one can find this on Trumps twitter account.

Image is linked.

And that does not apply to Hillary? Or Chuck Shumer? Pot meet kettle.

Firstly, you're confused - do you in some warped universe believe that I'm a supporter of Hillary Clinton and/or Chuck Shumer?

Secondly, you're confused - do you somehow believe this thread is about anyone other than Donald Trump and his rumoured choices for VP.

Finally, if you want to discuss the lack of principles exhibited by Clinton, Shumer, or Democrats in general, I'd suggest you start a thread about that topic and you might see me post my views on that subject.

Last edited:

So you're not discounting Cruz accepting if asked. :2razz:

LOL -- best laugh of the day!! Thanks for making a Monday morning fun and funny.

I think that's the best bet. It's not hard to see a Christie taking a "why did your candidate say this insane thing?" question and turning it around to attack the questioner. He's also proven that he's docile enough to serve Trump - excuse me, Mr Trump - loyally, regardless of the personal humiliation or degradation he has to endure.

Agreed. I just can't imagine another republican governor accept such a job.

But to be honest, if Christie wasn't always walking around with Trump sniffing his ass, I never would have thought that he'd be so fond of the guy.

That Palin is stupid. She is not stupid. She has taken advantage of the negative press and turned it into something that inspires certain(and a lot) people. And those people are voters.

And they will turn out and they will vote Republican, regardless of the VP choice.

I have never claimed, nor do I think Palin is stupid. Do try and fail less.

If you had read the original source prior to posting you would known it was reported that Carson walked back what he said.

(Update: After this story was published, Carson called to clarify his comments: "When it comes to who could be the vice president and you name a list of people," he said. "I’m going to say yes to everybody, everybody could potentially be considered, doesn’t mean they are on the shortlist.")

Is Ben Carson the worst or the best surrogate of all time? Yes.

But yeah, it may have been to generate media attention.

Looking further one can find this on Trumps twitter account.

Image is linked.

So it is somehow my fault the story has changed since I linked it?

So it is somehow my fault the story has changed since I linked it?
It didn't change since you linked to it.
That information was available yesterday.
You know, the day before you linked to the article you did.

So like I said; "If you had read the original source prior to posting ..."

It didn't change since you linked to it.
That information was available yesterday.
You know, the day before you linked to the article you did.

So sue the source I used. I avoided the WaPo article because you only get so many page views each month for free. I am over it, you are welcome to keep whining if you want.

So sue the source I used. I avoided the WaPo article because you only get so many page views each month for free. I am over it, you are welcome to keep whining if you want.
Hilarious.
You failed to follow through with a minimum of research and then absurdly blame the other person for pointing it out. Try again.

As for whining.
Pointing out the relevant information which you should have seen is not whining. It is adding that relevant information to the discussion.
You on the other hand are whining because it was pointed out that you missed relevant information and now have even lied about it's availability.
Yeah, that is whining and deflection.

What is even more funny is that my original comment was just a factual one and not meant to criticize.

I have never claimed, nor do I think Palin is stupid. Do try and fail less.

You do not have to say Palin is stupid to push that narrative, it is implied.

You do not have to say Palin is stupid to push that narrative, it is implied.

No, it is in your imagination. Maybe you should spend less time telling people what they think, and more finding out what they think.

Agreed. I just can't imagine another republican governor accept such a job.

But to be honest, if Christie wasn't always walking around with Trump sniffing his ass, I never would have thought that he'd be so fond of the guy.

The Tough Truth Teller turned out to be mostly a Blustery Self Promoter :shrug: it is what it is.

It's sad, though. His critiques of the Trump campaign early on were spot-on, and his willingness to say unpopular things on entitlements had won him my respect (if not necessarily top of my ticket). He must have been really, really made he didn't do well in New Hampshire, and decided to stick it to the system that stuck him. Given his behavior after not being picked for Romney's VP, that makes sense.

Trump/Perry maybe. Or Trump/Walker.

Damn, I can come up with better choices than him off the top of my head.

LOL....Perry is and always has been a bootlicker supreme.

He went from...

"Let no one be mistaken – Donald Trump's candidacy is a cancer on conservatism, and it must be clearly diagnosed, excised and discarded," Perry said in a speech in July 2015

to

"He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen," Perry

If Donald Trump sent Ben Carson out there to give the media bad information then I have to give kudos to Trump. That's brilliant.

If Donald Trump sent Ben Carson out there to give the media bad information then I have to give kudos to Trump. That's brilliant.

He can give the progressive spin doctors a run for their money. And Trump knows money.

LOL....Perry is and always has been a bootlicker supreme.

He went from...

"Let no one be mistaken – Donald Trump's candidacy is a cancer on conservatism, and it must be clearly diagnosed, excised and discarded," Perry said in a speech in July 2015

to

"He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen," Perry

I agree 100% with Governor Perry's first comment. Trump's candidacy is a cancer on conservatism.

I also agree 100% with Governor Perry's second comment. Never in my life do I remember seeing someone as unqualified and offensive as Trump is manage to get millions of supporters, thousands turning out at his rallies, the media hanging on his every word, and success in nimbly doing away with 16 other seasoned professionals. Trump has an unbelievable talent which has, unfortunately, served him quite well.

You don't seem to understand the context of either quote. They don't contradict each other.

That would be one of the dumbest picks he could possibly go with. I doubt he is seriously considering her.

Well, he did pick her to campaign with him. So he is capable of stupid.

Because we all know how critical you are of Trump. :lamo

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/ben-carson-accidentally-reveals-sarah-palin-is-on-trumps-short-list-for-vice-president/

I cannot imagine Palin would be chosen, not due to anything wrong with her, except it does not make a well rounded ticket kinda thing. I suspect Rubio and Cruz have other plans(ie anything but Trump's VP), though that is just a guess. Christie would be hilarious for various reasons, and Kasich would probably be the most solid, if least interesting one.

Trump's a hot mess, but he can't be that stupid to choose Palin. He also can't be stupid enough to choose Christie. I see him wanting Christie as his Chief of Staff, and Palin as his....hell, I don't know what use she has. Kasich, Rubio and Cruz would all be good choices, but I just don't see any of them doing it.

He could swing for the fences and go with Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Alan West, Susana Martinez, or Loretta Sanchez.

I really dont think it will matter. +his choice MAY mollify some of the more staunch conservative republicans but at the end of the day...Its Trump vs the world. Palin would just add to the freak show.

He could swing for the fences and go with Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Alan West, Susana Martinez, or Loretta Sanchez.

I really dont think it will matter. +his choice MAY mollify some of the more staunch conservative republicans but at the end of the day...Its Trump vs the world. Palin would just add to the freak show.

I think Martinez is probably his best choice.

I think Martinez is probably his best choice.

She eviscerated Trump earlier in the campaign. She also opposes some of his biggest policy positions, including the wall. I would also be wary of creating the appearance of tokenism. Martinez may very well be qualified, but if she's only under consideration because she's Hispanic, then Trump would be better served looking elsewhere. Competence should take precedence over image. I think someone like Brian Sandoval might be a better choice. Obama thought highly enough of him as a potential jurist for the Supreme Court. He's a popular governor of a swing state that went Democratic in '08 and '12. He hasn't said anything too damaging about Trump, although he previously endorsed Kasich. He's relatively young and still confers the possible Latino advantage.

Other good picks in the women or minority categories might be Condoleezza Rice, Jamie Herrera (38 yearold Hispanic Congresswoman from Washington state since 2011), and Mia Love (former Mayor of Salt Lake City, current first-term Congresswoman out of Utah, daughter of Haitian immigrants).

I think Trump would be a massive idiot to pick any of those 'people'...

...but then again, this is the same person that said he wants to militarily round up 11 million people, erect a wall around the U.S. and ban billions from being able to enter the country...

She eviscerated Trump earlier in the campaign. She also opposes some of his biggest policy positions, including the wall. I would also be wary of creating the appearance of tokenism. Martinez may very well be qualified, but if she's only under consideration because she's Hispanic, then Trump would be better served looking elsewhere. Competence should take precedence over image. I think someone like Brian Sandoval might be a better choice. Obama thought highly enough of him as a potential jurist for the Supreme Court. He's a popular governor of a swing state that went Democratic in '08 and '12. He hasn't said anything too damaging about Trump, although he previously endorsed Kasich. He's relatively young and still confers the possible Latino advantage.

Other good picks in the women or minority categories might be Condoleezza Rice, Jamie Herrera (38 yearold Hispanic Congresswoman from Washington state since 2011), and Mia Love (former Mayor of Salt Lake City, current first-term Congresswoman out of Utah, daughter of Haitian immigrants).

Sandoval isn't that popular among Republicans here in Nevada. Mia Love would be a good choice but she's not the insider Trump is looking for.

Back
Top Bottom