• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I’d like to see a minimum time frame that a user needs to keep an avatar. Maybe 60 days……..

I’d like to see a minimum time frame that a user needs to keep an avatar. Maybe 60 days……..
Why, the moniker is there? Is it about looking at who is viewing a thread without having to mouse over to identify?

Why, the moniker is there? Is it about looking at who is viewing a thread without having to mouse over to identify?
I get used to a poster’s avatar and get lost scrolling when I see different avatars. The monikers don’t show when looking through a thread, but the avatars do…..

I get used to a poster’s avatar and get lost scrolling when I see different avatars. The monikers don’t show when looking through a thread, but the avatars do…..
??.. So you don't see a 'name' right under the avatar, such as..
Screenshot_20240325-175527_Chrome.jpg
Laptop, tablet, and phone, all the same.

I'm glad you're good with me, I've had the same avatar as I did when I joined, and intend to keep it. ;)

Yeah, you get familiar with someone's avatar. I like (most of) them kept for a while.

That reminds me. I haven’t changed my avatar in almost 15 years.

Um no...I change daily and I like it like that...siggy, too...

This isn't possible from a software standpoint and this isn't something the mods will want to enforce.

The avatar and the username. What do you see?
I see a list of started threads and not scrolling through 'threads'. We were not on the same page there, but the starter of the thread is right there under the title and right of the avatar with a post time...
The avatar is what I see first……

You could choose the avatars you see for specific posters using a user style sheet (with a browser extension like Stylus) and a little bit of code to point to the new image you've chosen for them. You'll have to decide if it's worth the time and effort (not much if you know some HTML/CSS) to figure out how to do it in your browser.

I change mine at random, usually a reflection of my mood.

Ok, now I feel bad, I don't even have an avatar. /s

You could choose the avatars you see for specific posters using a user style sheet (with a browser extension like Stylus) and a little bit of code to point to the new image you've chosen for them. You'll have to decide if it's worth the time and effort (not much if you know some HTML/CSS) to figure out how to do it in your browser.
All Greek to me…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom