• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona sheriff officially charged with criminal contempt

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
PHOENIX – The longtime sheriff of metropolitan Phoenix has been charged with criminal contempt-of-court for ignoring a judge's order in a racial-profiling case, leaving the 84-year-old lawman in a tough spot two weeks before Election Day as he seeks a seventh term.

The U.S. Department of Justice promised two weeks ago that it would prosecute Sheriff Joe Arpaio, but the misdemeanor count wasn't officially filed against him until Tuesday, when U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton signed it.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving asshole.

Arizona sheriff officially charged with criminal contempt | Fox News

Same judge that struck down SB1070 btw.

Arrested and charged for doing his job: ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS.
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton jepordizes national security and walks free.

Great justice system we have.

His job isn't to enforce immigration laws, that is the responsibility of the Federal Government. You know, like marijuana and stuff.

Does everything thread have to turn into this? There are so many threads about Clinton already. Discuss her in those.

Definitely agreed upon. All people should obey the law except for Arpaio? Reminds me of the character Keegan on Walking Dead.

Reminds me of pretty much the entire damn federal government today.

No....charged for ignoring a court order. BTW, he has already plead guilty for the civil charge....

Pretty cut and dried....he broke the law.

With great sadness I have to disagree. It's up to the Feds to enforce immigration law. That they are not doing it is a reflection on the apathy of the government, the laziness of our officials, and the American populace' tolerance for poor performance.

No, for arresting everybody that looked like a "Mexican". In fact, what Arpaio did was so heinous that a Judge ordered restitution to all the American citizens who were jailed for the crime of being brown.

Every morning, law enforcement supervisors, et al, have briefings that require dissemination to those that carry out enforcement. Sheriff Arpaio's responsibility, for which he was accountable, was to have disseminated enforcement as of 18 months as of the order of the DOJ. Do you think that rank and file do not respect an order that comes from Arpaio? An order is an order. Whether for littering, jaywalking, or hauling in immigrants by way of racial profiling. Hispanics have an easily identified skin tone. About 25% of illegal immigrants are non-Hispanic whites. If your focus is on pulling over more of a "brown" skin tone, you are racially profiling. Arpaio broke the law he is sworn to protect. It's up to the courts now, I'll have to accept the verdict, and take whatever appeal may follow.

Definitely agreed upon. All people should obey the law except for Arpaio? Reminds me of the character Keegan on Walking Dead.

Arpaio is charged and Clinton walks ? Sounds about right

No, for arresting everybody that looked like a "Mexican". In fact, what Arpaio did was so heinous that a Judge ordered restitution to all the American citizens who were jailed for the crime of being brown.

Arpaio failed to enforce the law. His superiors numerous levels above told him he wasn't. Racial profiling is a failure to enforce the law. In fact, Arpaio is forcing upon the public a non-law of Arpaio's own.

BTW, Arpaio is going to lose re-election in 2 weeks, and once he loses his power for vendetta...it will be interesting.

BTW, Arpaio is going to lose re-election in 2 weeks, and once he loses his power for vendetta...it will be interesting.

I'm not so sure. His behavior has been well-known for a while now, but he gets reelected anyway.

Arresting people for being brown is what his constituents want.

You mean Negan? It's the Apocalypse - there are no laws anymore.

I'm not so sure. His behavior has been well-known for a while now, but he gets reelected anyway.

Arresting people for being brown is what his constituents want.

He is down 15 points in the polls.

We are freaking sick of him, and the tens of millions he costs us. I want him to rot in prison.

Arpaio is charged and Clinton walks ? Sounds about right

Maybe 4 or 5 more hearings will do the trick. What's trey Gowdy doing this weekend?

He is down 15 points in the polls.

We are freaking sick of him, and the tens of millions he costs us. I want him to rot in prison.

Here's hopin.

Maybe 4 or 5 more hearings will do the trick. What's trey Gowdy doing this weekend?

" To be clear, this is not to suggest in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences, on the contrary "

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

So, Arpaio gets charged and Clinton walks. How it feel to be a raging hypocrite who beleives that laws should be applied based on Political affiliation ?

Good ?

" To be clear, this is not to suggest in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences, on the contrary "

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

So, Arpaio gets charged and Clinton walks. How it feel to be a raging hypocrite who beleives that laws should be applied based on Political affiliation ?

Good ?
Who said that?

Who said that?

You think Arpaio should be thrown in jail while making light of Hillary's corruption and illegal activiites.

Thats a bit hypocritical, dont ya think ???

Our leaders, president and others do not obey the law yet they are not charged with anything.
So I don't see how he has to comply when they do not.

You think Arpaio should be thrown in jail while making light of Hillary's corruption and illegal activiites.

Thats a bit hypocritical, dont ya think ???

No. You have no idea what I think of both of them.

Arpaio is a man who did some good things here early but has become a cancer to the county and state costing tax payers millions to defend his transgressions. Clinton is a evil, vile human who I think has the possibility of being very dangerous in the White House. The difference is I believe Arpaio is going to jail while the Clintons are Teflon.

Back
Top Bottom