• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you voting split ticket?

Do you intend to vote different parties for President and other Federal offices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Do you intend to vote for one party for President and another party for Federal offices down ballot?

Do you intend to vote for one party for President and another party for Federal offices down ballot?

Yes. I'm voting for Clinton and then splitting my vote for Senate and Congress between a Republican and a Democrat, though I may be persuaded to vote Republican or Democrat for both of them. I haven't made up my mind. I'm usually a reliable Republican voter but I'm extremely disgusted with the party.

I most likely am voting Libertarian for President and Republican for the other offices.

I am voting straight ticket democrat.

I don't think split ticket voting is prevalent in today's politics.

Are you voting split ticket?

probably not this time. i'll be voting against Trump and against anyone who might help him in congress if he manages to win.

I almost always vote split ticket, if you count state offices.

I used to.

Times past, I'd vote for individual Democrats who I felt to be reasonable and moderate persons. I'd actually actively look for such persons, since I found myself disliking the results whenever either party controlled both Congress and the White House.

That ended after Sandy Hook, when most Democrats lined up in support of Nancy Pelosi's monstrosity of a so-called "Assault Weapons Ban", a Tyrannosaur-like bill of rights-destroying precedents masquerading as something about public safety. This came at a time when I had become convinced that Democrats had learned their lesson about gun control and realized it was a losing strategy; a time when I was sufficiently disgusted with the Republican party that I was considering changing my registration to a D.

Well that idea was killed stone dead by Mrs. Pelosi, and the fact that her monstrosity bill would have passed but for the Republican House.

I will never vote for another Democrat as long as the current leadership remains in power.

Given that Mrs. Clinton is quite possibly the most utterly corrupt person to run for President in my lifetime, that it is pretty well established that she sold access and influence from her position as SecState in return for hundreds of millions in contributions to the Clinton Foundation; mishandled innumerable secret documents in ways that send ordinary people to prison for 1% of what she did; withheld and destroyed evidence subject to Congressional subpoenas and perjured herself in the investigation... I will be voting Trump, and R on down the line.

I do not love Trump, nor do I love the Republican party as it currently is, but I prefer to risk a buffoon in the Oval Office rather than a known felon and possible traitor. Nor will I risk supporting the Democrat's clear agenda against personal power and individual rights.

I have voted 3rd party in the past... I will not do so again. It is pointless... they never even garner enough support to get a seat at the policy table. May as well vote Mickey Mouse.

I hate that it has come to this, but the Democrat Party leaves me no choice, having elected someone corrupt as Hillary to be their candidate and having supported Pelosi's monstrosity.

There are no good choices this time around.

Last edited:
With this group, why the hell would anyone entertain a split ticket?

I always vote for whom I think is the best candidate for the office regardless of parties. To limit yourself to only voting for a particular party utilizing the law of averages, half the time you end up voting for the best candidate, half the time you end up voting for the worst candidate.

This year I will be voting for different parties as I am voting for Libertarian Johnson for President, Republican Johnny Isakson for Senator and Democrat David Scott for my Representative. Then continue on down the line. So I will be voting for candidates of three different parties.

I am voting straight ticket democrat.

I don't think split ticket voting is prevalent in today's politics.

It happens quite a lot down here, Georgia. It seems to happen quite a bit in other places too. Indiana and Missouri went big for Romney in 2012 and yet elected a democratic senator. Those just come to mind right off the bat. What is it in Indiana today, Trump leads by 10 points and Democratic Bayh leads in the race for the senate by six.

I think in quite a lot of places it is all about the candidates. Perhaps more true today than in the past considering the shrinkage of the two major parties voting base and the increase in the number of independents.

I'm not sure how I'll vote on each office, but more likely than not it will be all (D)s

For the first time, I'm mostly voting for Democrats.

I am supporting several Republicans on my ballot this year, but it is significantly down from past years.

My GOP gubernatorial nominee knows about as much about public policy as Trump does and also hails from a business background. It's really grating me.

I'm deeply disappointed my GOP candidate lost the primary (he was the favorite to win), as is much of the state's GOP. Given that, I'm voting for a lot more Democrats than I normally would. My state Democratic Party are a hopeless bunch, so I know aside from a few posts, my votes are almost throwaways. I just can't bring myself to vote for these guys.

I intend to vote for a person who isn't in the Democrat or the Republican party for president. Of course, other federal offices will be in one of the major parties.

Don't know yet. But generally I vote for a mix of Libertarians, Greens, and Democrats. I can't, in good conscience, vote for someone who affiliates themselves with the Republican Party, however. The Democratic Party is on course to be treated the same by me as well if they don't shape up.

Given that Mrs. Clinton is quite possibly the most utterly corrupt person to run for President in my lifetime, that it is pretty well established that she sold access and influence from her position as SecState in return for hundreds of millions in contributions to the Clinton Foundation; mishandled innumerable secret documents in ways that send ordinary people to prison for 1% of what she did; withheld and destroyed evidence subject to Congressional subpoenas and perjured herself in the investigation... I will be voting Trump, and R on down the line.

I do not love Trump, nor do I love the Republican party as it currently is, but I prefer to risk a buffoon in the Oval Office rather than a known felon and possible traitor. Nor will I risk supporting the Democrat's clear agenda against personal power and individual rights.

I have voted 3rd party in the past... I will not do so again. It is pointless... they never even garner enough support to get a seat at the policy table. May as well vote Mickey Mouse.

There are no good choices this time around.

I agree with the above sentiments.

I intend to vote for the person who has the best chance of defeating Hillary...that will NOT be one of the third party candidates.

I have no intention of wasting my vote for President on a silly symbolic protest which will end up allowing someone like Hillary to get elected and perpetuate more screwing around with my Constitutional rights.

However, I will not vote straight ticket as I am not a Republican and don't agree with enough of either the Democratic or Republican platforms to commit to either party. So I will vote my preferences on Congressional, State, and local ballots.

Last edited:
I'm voting for the people who deserve my vote, except for President because there is no one who deserves it at all.

I always vote a split ticket. I vote for republican candidates for state legislature, where the democrats have overwhelmingly shoved their uber-liberal ideology into law; I vote for democratic candidates for federal congressional/senatorial races where the republicans have overwhelmingly shoved their uber-conservative ideology into law.

Yes. I'm voting for Gary Johnson for POTUS, and then Republican down the rest of the ballot.

With this group, why the hell would anyone entertain a split ticket?

To prevent one of the two completely f'ed up and hideously grotesque eventual winners from being able to do too much damage.

Checks and balances as it were.

I will vote AGAINST any incumbent regardless of party.

POTUS vote will surely be third party. Or forth party....or fifth.

Any responsible voter votes according to candidate and not party.

Always though? What if you're trying to send a message to the party? I think there's a place for protest voting.

Back
Top Bottom