• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you a sheep, a sheep dog, or a squirrel?

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Think about it: There are people who want to be led, and so are willing to allow authority figures to control their lives. They want someone to keep them safe and make their decisions for them. They are the sheep.

Other people are more than happy to impose their control on others through force of law. They are the sheep dogs whose joy it is to keep the herd together and moving in the right direction, or the direction they consider to be the right one. They live for power and control.

Then there are the squirrels. Squirrels aren't willing to be led or controlled, nor do they desire to control others. The squirrels are content just to be free and make their own decisions. Sometimes, they fail to heed warnings in time and fall prey to hawks and coyotes, but still aren't willing to allow someone else the power to keep them safe. They make their own decisions and take their own chances, but don't try to impose their will on others.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

I'm part Sheep Dog part Squirrel. The squirrel is relatively new but if I had to choose what I'd like to consciously be... it's a squirrel.

Sheep dog raised by a pack of squirrels.

Have leadership qualities, no desire whatsoever to lead. Get kind of pissed when reality requires it of me.

Peter pan ftw.

Think about it: There are people who want to be led, and so are willing to allow authority figures to control their lives. They want someone to keep them safe and make their decisions for them. They are the sheep.

Other people are more than happy to impose their control on others through force of law. They are the sheep dogs whose joy it is to keep the herd together and moving in the right direction, or the direction they consider to be the right one. They live for power and control.

Then there are the squirrels. Squirrels aren't willing to be led or controlled, nor do they desire to control others. The squirrels are content just to be free and make their own decisions. Sometimes, they fail to heed warnings in time and fall prey to hawks and coyotes, but still aren't willing to allow someone else the power to keep them safe. They make their own decisions and take their own chances, but don't try to impose their will on others.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

Depends on which role is most likely to get me what I want. I can follow the leader if its necessary. I can be a leader if its necessary. I can do my own thing (and tend to prefer it) if its necessary.

When I was a kid, I was so squirrely that I couldn't even relate well to others. I had to force myself to learn how to get integrate with others when I realized that by failing to do so, I was missing opportunities and inviting misery in my life by not having what I want. I tend to be very personal goal oriented. But unlike the squirrel as you describe it, I tend to be unwilling to accept the consequences of making the wrong decision and will instead duck and weave to avoid those consequences by changing strategy.

Last edited:

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

Morphing from sheep into squirrel. Maybe a squirrel who's a bit sheepish sometimes?

I change, should I agree with the authorities and like what they are doing then I'm a sheep, let them control me. Should I disagree with them then I will not be a sheep, I will become a dog, I will try to change what I disagree with. Never stay the same, evolve, and then you will survive and thrive.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

Well, if those are my only three options, definitely a squirrel.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

On the Ct forum Ive been called a sheep.
On occasion I have been called a dog by the opposite sex.
On a regular basis my family calles me squirrely.
Do I get the trifecta?

Is that an African pygmy squirrel, an Alpine Marmot, a European Brown squirrel, a Grizzled Giant squirrel, a grey squirrel, a Southern Flying squirrel, Prevost's squirrel, an unstriped ground squirrel, an Indian palm squirrel, an Oriental giant squirrel or some other?

Were I to choose, I imagine I am a Cronopio dentiacutus, though. Since I am a fossil and all.......

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

It sounds like the three groups are primarily composed of:

Sheep: Democrat Party Loyalists.

Sheep Dogs: Democrat and Republican Big Government party operatives.

Squirrels: Small government Constitutionalists.

For this description and others, I identify as a squirrel.

Sheep, sheep dog or squirrel? Those aren't very cool. Can I be a wolf?

Sheep, sheep dog or squirrel? Those aren't very cool. Can I be a wolf?

You could be, Let's see.... a wild wolf is subject to the will of the alpha male, unless, of course, it is the alpha male, in which case it fills the role of the sheep dog. In the zoo, the wolf is in a cage, while the squirrel comes and goes as it pleases.

Then there are the squirrels.
Squirrels aren't willing to be led or controlled, nor do they desire to control others. The squirrels are content just to be free and make their own decisions. Sometimes, they fail to heed warnings in time and fall prey to hawks and coyotes, but still aren't willing to allow someone else the power to keep them safe. They make their own decisions and take their own chances, but don't try to impose their will on others.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

Squirrels are rats with a nice fur coat.

Sheep, dog, or squirrel?

I would pick the squirrel, however the likelihood of becoming road kill is so much greater, I'll just abstain from voting.

So we have sheep, who are the productive members of society, we have the sheep dogs, who live by fleecing the sheep, and we have the squirrels, who take resources, bur do not produce any value...

I'm a pangolin.

I am a cat. I ignore sheep, terrorize sheep dogs just for the **** of it, and eat squirrels.

Life is too dynamic to prescribe to any of the given categories. People make decisions all the time and such decisions may include acting through these categories.

Back
Top Bottom