• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC must be the dumbest person in the U.S. Congress.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How often does AOC say something really stupid? He opinions are almost all void of fact, common sense, and any understanding of what the hell she is saying.

How often does AOC say something really stupid? He opinions are almost all void of fact, common sense, and any understanding of what the hell she is saying.

About as often as people grammar check posts where they call others stupid.

AOC once said this to CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview:

Cooper: "One of the criticisms of you is that your math is fuzzy. The Washington Post recently awarded you four Pinnochios . . ."

AOC: "If people want to really blow up one figure here, or one figure there, I would argue that they're missing the forest for the trees. I think that there's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually and semantically correct than about being morally right. "

ugh.. 😞

Of all the misfits that are in Congress today (and there are many), AOC is the queen of misfits.

The media give her publicity in order to make fun of her. She is too dense to understand that. In fact, all the members of the Squad are a laughing stock.

Entire thread is an illustration of Dunning Kruger in action.

Just some of the dumbest people on the face of the planet calling an intelligent person stupid.

While they worship the dude who literally told the American people on national television to inject sunshine and bleach as a means to combat COVID.

Irony is ****ing dead.

AOC once said this to CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview:

Cooper: "One of the criticisms of you is that your math is fuzzy. The Washington Post recently awarded you four Pinnochios . . ."

AOC: "If people want to really blow up one figure here, or one figure there, I would argue that they're missing the forest for the trees. I think that there's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually and semantically correct than about being morally right. "

ugh.. 😞

Of all the misfits that are in Congress today (and there are many), AOC is the queen of misfits.
Lol YOU of all ****ing people concerned about someone else getting pinnochios from the Washington Post is hilarious.

Also given your previous post in this very thread in which you were spouting nonsense about AOC celebrating "inauguration" which you then dirty deleted.

I swear to ****ing God the vast majority of what right wingers have produced as "evidence" of AOC being stupid is essentially "I said something stupid and then I said that AOC said it." And of course since right wingers are averse to citing sources or fact checking they'll just share memes and quotes attributed to AOC that are satire or blatant lies.

Lol YOU of all ****ing people concerned about someone else getting pinnochios from the Washington Post is hilarious.
I wasn't concerned about the four Pinnochios - - Anderson Cooper was. You should focus your irrational anger on him - not me.
Also given your previous post in this very thread in which you were spouting nonsense about AOC celebrating "inauguration" which you then dirty deleted.

I swear to ****ing God the vast majority of what right wingers have produced as "evidence" of AOC being stupid is essentially "I said something stupid and then I said that AOC said it."
You're not making any sense.
And of course since right wingers are averse to citing sources or fact checking they'll just share memes and quotes attributed to AOC that are satire or blatant lies.
I cited AOC perfectly- verbatim. AOC doesn't value being factually correct - she values emotions and feelings over data and facts, which essentially was the point of the OP, and I just provided evidence of that with her quote about the unimportance of being factually correct.

How often does AOC say something really stupid?
Is there a story behind this, or is someone just having a bad day?
I clicked, expecting to read a point being made. Shame on me.
The point is AOC said something (we don't know what since the OP didn't say) that has gotten under someone's skin.
Thanks for this! I love irony!
So do I.
Worse than MTG? 🤣

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
(Doobie Brothers)

Entire thread is an illustration of Dunning Kruger in action.
The people you are referring to are way too dumb to know what the Dunning Kruger effect is ;)

I swear to ****ing God the vast majority of what right wingers have produced as "evidence" of AOC being stupid is essentially "I said something stupid and then I said that AOC said it." And of course since right wingers are averse to citing sources or fact checking they'll just share memes and quotes attributed to AOC that are satire or blatant lies.
In a nutshell

Not compared to the freedumb caucus members. No contest.
But them caucus members don't embarrass themselves by dancing on rooftops 🤣

1711386203130.png

Dumbest is easily MTG..
No, I think it's AOC. Her RICO isn't a crime comment at the Congressional hearing the other day was just one of many, many dumb comments she makes. Like the 12 years until Climate change ends the earth comment.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Monday said she thinks that there is an urgency needed in addressing man-made climate change, warning that it will “destroy the planet” in a dozen years if humans do not address the issue, no matter the cost.

She is actually extremely bright and very articulate. She has grown and matured considerably since she was first elected. Someone to watch ......which is why they vilify her.

No, I think it's AOC. Her RICO isn't a crime comment at the Congressional hearing the other day was just one of many, many dumb comments she makes. Like the 12 years until Climate change ends the earth comment.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Monday said she thinks that there is an urgency needed in addressing man-made climate change, warning that it will “destroy the planet” in a dozen years if humans do not address the issue, no matter the cost.
Nope.. MTG by a loooong shot..

From your article:

"Her comments are in reference to a United Nations-backed climate report, published late last year, that determined the effects of climate change to be irreversible and unavoidable if carbon emissions are not reined in over the next 12 years."

She was engaging in hyperbole.

I am not a fan of AOC's politics as they are far to the left of mine. However, she is obviously quite intelligent. She graduated near the top of her class at Boston University. Stupid people don't do that. Just because I disagree with someone on various issues does not mean they are stupid. For example, I would have disagreed with Nikita Khruschev on almost everything, but he was not a stupid man. One of the hallmarks of possessing good critical thinking skills is to recognize that simply disagreeing with someone doesn't make them stupid. I don't agree with Josh Hawley on much of anything, however, he isn't stupid. In contrast, I don't agree with MTG on anything, and she is stupid. For example, she has confused Gestapo with Gazpacho and has bought into conspiracy theories like "Jewish Space Lazers" causing wildfires. In general, people that buy into a lot of conspiracy theories, are stupid people.

From your article:

"Her comments are in reference to a United Nations-backed climate report, published late last year, that determined the effects of climate change to be irreversible and unavoidable if carbon emissions are not reined in over the next 12 years."

She was engaging in hyperbole.

I am not a fan of AOC's politics as they are far to the left of mine. However, she is obviously quite intelligent. She graduated near the top of her class at Boston University. Stupid people don't do that. Just because I disagree with someone on various issues does not mean they are stupid. For example, I would have disagreed with Nikita Khruschev on almost everything, but he was not a stupid man. One of the hallmarks of possessing good critical thinking skills is to recognize that simply disagreeing with someone doesn't make them stupid. I don't agree with Josh Hawley on much of anything, however, he isn't stupid. In contrast, I don't agree with MTG on anything, and she is stupid. For example, she has confused Gestapo with Gazpacho and has bought into conspiracy theories like "Jewish Space Lazers" causing wildfires. In general, people that buy into a lot of conspiracy theories, are stupid people.
Yeah the Gezpacho was funny as hell..

How much worse is that than the a certain representative from Georgia threatening the ouster of yet another Speaker despite the slimming GOP lead in the House?

Yeah the Gezpacho was funny as hell..
People that lack good critical thinking skills tend to believe that there is just one correct way of thinking, and if you don't agree with that correct way of thinking, you are an idiot. "I think tax cuts grow the economy. You disagree. I am right. You are wrong. You are stupid."

And yet so many of her mada opponents make her look like a comparative brain surgeon. Must be embarrassing to be a maga sometimes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom