• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Obvious Observation on Education

Except it isn't The United States that is sitting as judge and jury of Russia. I don't speak for the United States of America.

That is exactly what you have been doing. And not just you. Why do you want UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal... not to also climb in the dock? Bottomline is the case for Russia as evil incarnate is weak. It only has a hope if all other miscreants are barred from climbing into the dock

First, I don't know who "these people" are. Can you name some of them?

Second, are you trying to describe Americans with this nonsense? Or Russians?
There is no functional difference between MAGA freaks and Russians.

They are identical in every way that matters.

That is exactly what you have been doing. And not just you. Why do you want UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal... not to also climb in the dock? Bottomline is the case for Russia as evil incarnate is weak. It only has a hope if all other miscreants are barred from climbing into the dock

I am a certified Trumpist and very sympathetic with the Russian side.

Americans proudly hailed the thugs who tortured innocent civilians for years as heroes...and then turned around and squealed “but Russia”...and expected the rest of the world to take them seriously.

Americans proudly hailed the thugs who tortured innocent civilians for years as heroes...and then turned around and squealed “but Russia”...and expected the rest of the world to take them seriously.
Same old tired shit. You really need to come up with new material.

Same old tired shit. You really need to come up with new material.

He's a one-trick pony
One trick is all that horse can do
He does, one trick only
It's the principal source of his revenue
But when he steps into the spotlight
You can feel the heat of his heart
Come rising through

See how he dances
See how he loops from side to side
See how he prances
The way his hooves just seem to glide
He's just a one-trick pony, that's all he is,
But he turn that trick with pride

- Paul Simon

Western apologists are, at a fundamental level, both ignorant and cowardly.

They can’t bear to face the facts.

They can’t bear to handle reality.

All they can really do is snivel and whine when their precious whitewashed fantasies go crashing down.

Western apologists are, at a fundamental level, both ignorant and cowardly.

They can’t bear to face the facts.

They can’t bear to handle reality.

All they can really do is snivel and whine when their precious whitewashed fantasies go crashing down.
So move to Russia.

So move to Russia.

All that meaningless hot air about how “free” America is and the second anyone debunks the standard whitewashed drivel its tearful “leave the country” sniveling.

Way to prove me right again.

All that meaningless hot air about how “free” America is and the second anyone debunks the standard whitewashed drivel its tearful “leave the country” sniveling.

Your posts are boring. I suspect you have a script set up to respond to any thread that mentions Russia with "BUTWHUTABOUTAMERICA!!!111"

It's the same tired shit, post after post, and you've been doing this for over a year now, IIRC, and never realized that nobody cares.

And you are doing what? Oh, yeah. Sniveling about Mean Old America, because you have externalized an internal failure.

Your posts are boring. I suspect you have a script set up to respond to any thread that mentions Russia with "BUTWHUTABOUTAMERICA!!!111"

It's the same tired shit, post after post, and you've been doing this for over a year now, IIRC, and never realized that nobody cares.

If that were true you wouldn’t have bothered to respond.

Clearly, having to face the reality about what the US continues to do, instead of clinging to the whitewashed drivel so many American apologists love so dearly, is something you can’t handle.

And you are doing what? Oh, yeah. Sniveling about Mean Old America, because you have externalized an internal failure.

Sounds like America should stop committing atrocities if people so much as acknowledging them instead of regurgitating the same old hysterical “Russia Russia Russia” sniveling that was used to excuse everything up to and including Jim Crow horrifies you that much.

Sounds like America should stop committing atrocities if people so much as acknowledging them instead of regurgitating the same old hysterical “Russia Russia Russia” sniveling that was used to excuse everything up to and including Jim Crow horrifies you that much.
So you're in favor of Ukrainian hospitals being bombed.

Noted.

Watching conservatives become Putinists has been one of the most bizarro things I've observed in my lifetime. As late as the early 2000s, these are the same folk who would have called Democrats pansies for not wanting to invade the entire Middle East.

My take is that the Republicans and Republican voters lost to Democrats on foreign policy. Reagan and H.W. Bush (like Nixon and Ike) were regarded as good foreign policy presidents, so it was fashionable to be the foreign policy party and national security party. But Bush-Cheney were so disastrous that the Republicans lost credibility on that front. And since Democrats controlled the WH the next 8 years they became virulently isolationist.

The US engaging in large scale torture of civilians, waging wars of aggression across the globe, constantly undermining democracy on a global scale, and desperately trying to whitewash all of that does not magically go away just because you cry “but Russia”.

However, in this case, the US is trying to prevent the large scale torture and murder of civilians and protect democracy.

I hope we can all agree that this is a good thing to do.

So you're in favor of Ukrainian hospitals being bombed.

Noted.

The US proudly helps Israel bomb Palestinian hospitals, so the idea that America even remotely gives a shit about Ukrainian hospitals being bombed is blatantly false.

The US proudly helps Israel bomb Palestinian hospitals, so the idea that America even remotely gives a shit about Ukrainian hospitals being bombed is blatantly false.

Why nothing for Ukraine hospitals? Why do you give Putin a pass?

The US is certainly wrong in this regard, but it doesn't make their helping Ukraine wrong.

However, in this case, the US is trying to prevent the large scale torture and murder of civilians and protect democracy.

No it isn’t. The US is complicit in Israel’s campaign of ethnic cleansing in Gaza and supports Saudi Arabia’s atrocities in Yemen. The idea that the US is “trying to prevent the large scale torture and murder of civilians” couldn’t be more blatantly false.

And as far as “protecting democracy” goes, the US has been the largest global threat to democracy since 1950 and it isn’t even close.

However, in this case, the US is trying to prevent the large scale torture and murder of civilians and otitect democracy.

On the contrary, we are surrounded by people who want negotiation with a historically bad-faith negotiator in russia, about which the numerous examples of deal-breaking have become the rule.

They're too busy ignoring the will and the voice of Ukrainians to learn a lesson that the entirety of the Slavic world outside of russia learned decades ago.

Their opinions are simplistic and ignorant. They actually believe that negotiation with russia will save Ukrainian lives.

Why nothing for Ukraine hospitals? Why do you give Putin a pass?

The US is certainly wrong in this regard, but it doesn't make their helping Ukraine wrong.

America actively helps other countries do the same thing as Putin with great pride. The “but Russia” squealing is meaningless until and unless that changes.

On the contrary, we are surrounded by people who want negotiation with a historically bad-faith negotiator in russia, about which the numerous examples of deal-breaking have become the rule.

They're too busy ignoring the will and the voice of Ukrainians to learn a lesson that the entirety of the Slavic world outside of russia learned decades ago.

Their opinions are simplistic and ignorant. They actually believe that negotiation with russia will save Ukrainian lives.

Coming from the guy whose made some truly spectacularly bigoted claims about Russians that’s a meaningless load of drivel.

America actively helps other countries do the same thing as Putin with great pride. The “but Russia” squealing is meaningless until and unless that changes.

Again, and I've asked you this many times and you can never answer it, but why give Putin a pass?

You have 14 posts on this thread about Ukraine and none of them address Ukraine and Russua's war crimes there.

Why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom