• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alex Morgan is a smokeshow

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I remember watching her on the TV when I was younger and just enthralled. Ugh
1711504222107.png

So is her husband.

I'm looking forward to seeing her June 19th at Red Bull Arena. My niece has season tickets to Gotham games.

My son lives up the street from the arena.
I was thinking to catch a match this season.

All the sexism accusations and lies about the pay gap turned me off of one of my Top Five sports to watch, the USA Women's National Team.

Now that Rapino is gone it might change to sports again, though.

All the sexism accusations and lies about the pay gap turned me off of one of my Top Five sports to watch, the USA Women's National Team.

And it was all bullshit. The women had a different contract with USA Soccer than the men which was more lucrative.
The women voted to accept it.

Now they have the same contract. No gain in pay. That was bullshit.
Few realize this.

And it was all bullshit. The women had a different contract with USA Soccer than the men which was more lucrative.
The women voted to accept it.

Now they have the same contract. No gain in pay. That was bullshit.
Few realize this.
I looked into it big time, back when it was a controversy. You are exactly right... they actually had a better contract percentage wise.

I looked into it big time, back when it was a controversy. You are exactly right... they actually had a better contract percentage wise.

Thank you! Finally someone that understands this. When this was in the headlines no one believed me.

People just belive headlines. Never dig into things.

Thank you! Finally someone that understands this. When this was in the headlines no one believed me.

People just belive headlines. Never dig into things.
Here was one thread I did about it...I have a few posts in that thread that cover it

Someone's bitter! Here, let this cheer you up:

190629115353-01-megan-rapinoe-france-celebration-0628-large-169.jpg

Someone's bitter! Here, let this cheer you up:

190629115353-01-megan-rapinoe-france-celebration-0628-large-169.jpg
This photo was turned into a meme by placing the words "i missed the goal by this much" in reference to her ridiculously bad PK when she should have already been forced into retirement.FB_IMG_1691499591832.jpg

She did?

She did?

Soccer is a freaking team sport and she was never one of the all time greats .

Says you. She won the Golden Boot and the Best Women's FIFA Player in 2019. And nobody can take away this:

Says you. She won the Golden Boot and the Best Women's FIFA Player in 2019. And nobody can take away this:

She was a very good wing in her prime.
She was never a Mia or an Abby.
Or, and good luck getting someone to agree with you that soccer is not a team sport.

She was a very good wing in her prime.
She was never a Mia or an Abby.
Or, and good luck getting someone to agree with you that soccer is not a team sport.

You bring up other examples of stellar women players and then play a strawman. Great argument there. (y)

You bring up other examples of stellar women players and then play a strawman. Great argument there. (y)

Others not in the same class.
Also, you need to look up strawman

Others not in the same class.
Also, you need to look up strawman

You didn't address my points. You're just doubling down on your hatred of the champion Megan Rapinoe.

You didn't address my points. You're just doubling down on your hatred of the champion Megan Rapinoe.

Did not address? Good God. I certainly did.
I said she was a good wing in her prime.

A direct address to your reply.

I then expanded the discussion to make clear you understood, as you apparently did not, that she was not in the same class as the greats.

Back
Top Bottom