• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ahmed Mohamed demands $15m compensation and written apology for homemade clock arrest

Re: Ahmed Mohamed demands $15m compensation and written apology for homemade clock ar

What clock is this kid talking about? :ninja:

Re: Ahmed Mohamed demands $15m compensation and written apology for homemade clock ar

I think people need to be careful to not expand the meaning of a term to suit their agenda. Just as there seems to be no end to the number of dogmatic leftists who babble on about "state terrorism" as they seek to justify Islamic terrorism through false equivalences with western actions, I think it incumbent for those on the right to limit the definition to actual cases of mayhem.

Although I see it as intentional provocation, it strikes me as arising from some misguided desire to point out stereotyping of Muslims.

Hmmmm...You described it as, and I quote..."a stunt hatched by his Islamist father in order to serve an agenda..." Now here is the definition of terrorism....

""Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion
; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

IOW..."A stunt hatched by the Islamist father to serve an agenda."

Back
Top Bottom