• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A little reality about Romney and Bain....

Bain is not a company that is set out to help other companies either, it is set up to make a profit. If it can make more profit by screwing others out of a job it will do it. If it can make more profit by helping other companies out, it will.

I'm not saying that is necessarily negative, but let's be honest in that Bain isn't out there to help companies either.

He didn't say it was there to help companies, but he did say it's part of a profit and loss system.

That is exactly what he would do: suck the life out of the working class and redistribute it to the .001%.

Working class is a communist term, are you communist?

That is exactly what he would do: suck the life out of the working class and redistribute it to the .001%.

This is an amazingly ignorant statement.

This is an amazingly ignorant statement.

It's an amazingly accurate statement, given his promise to deliver six figure tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans while "broadening" the tax base (i.e. jacking up taxes on the poor and middle class).

again you are 100% wrong.... Bain is a company that prides itself in saving companies..that what they do..if not they would not exist nor be invited in.
ooooooooookay.............lol

ooooooooookay.............lol

whats to debate?... thats who Bain is..and with a 78% success rate they are darn good.. I guess you hate success...

whats to debate?... thats who Bain is..and with a 78% success rate they are darn good.. I guess you hate success...
gonna suggest you do some research son, as you really don't understand what you are talking about...the first priority of bain is to make profit....they buy distressed companies, at a steep discount, or companies they feel are 'undervalued', and the whole goal is profit...they don't give a rat's ass if their decisions cost people their jobs...they buy these companies, and squeeze every thin dime they can out of them, and then either sell the company as a whole, or break it up and sell the profitable portions, and shuttering up the rest.

gonna suggest you do some research son, as you really don't understand what you are talking about...the first priority of bain is to make profit....they buy distressed companies, at a steep discount, or companies they feel are 'undervalued', and the whole goal is profit...they don't give a rat's ass if their decisions cost people their jobs...they buy these companies, and squeeze every thin dime they can out of them, and then either sell the company as a whole, or break it up and sell the profitable portions, and shuttering up the rest.

Im going to give you some reality... A Co exists on its reputation and success.. both which Bain has done well.. period.
You can spout off your Obama BS.. and talk all condescending..You gonna bail out Bain ? I didnt think so...

AGAIN ..100% of these Cos were in distress, Bain saved 78% of them and thousands of jobs that would ahve been lost..PERIOD..without showing the ability to put totgehter a business plan to show a profit and banks pull your credit and eveyone loses a their jobs...

now lets get into Obama spending my money on faliure and why dont we look at GM, Obama gave them my money and they cut thousands of jobs.. and are moving some plants overseas..

what you gonna say now..

Im going to give you some reality... A Co exists on its reputation and success.. both which Bain has done well.. period.
You can spout off your Obama BS.. and talk all condescending..You gonna bail out Bain ? I didnt think so...

AGAIN ..100% of these Cos were in distress, Bain saved 78% of them and thousands of jobs that would ahve been lost..PERIOD..without showing the ability to put totgehter a business plan to show a profit and banks pull your credit and eveyone loses a their jobs...

now lets get into Obama spending my money on faliure and why dont we look at GM, Obama gave them my money and they cut thousands of jobs.. and are moving some plants overseas..

what you gonna say now..
start another thread if you want to discuss GM...we are discussing bain, and your silly belief that they give a shinola about the people in the companies they buy....stay on target travy, stay on target....

The first priority of every company, of 99.99% of people, is to make a profit. Get over it.

They did far more good than your jacked up harms. Who cares if they gave a **** about the individuals on the floor keeping their jobs? It makes no difference in the outcome.

The first priority of every company, of 99.99% of people, is to make a profit. Get over it.

They did far more good than your jacked up harms. Who cares if they gave a **** about the individuals on the floor keeping their jobs? It makes no difference in the outcome.
when romney says he wants to run the country like a business, that is cause for concern, as his policies would only benefit the 1% at the top of the economic scale....they did far more good? riggggggggggggggggggggggggght.........

when romney says he wants to run the country like a business, that is cause for concern, as his policies would only benefit the 1% at the top of the economic scale....they did far more good? riggggggggggggggggggggggggght.........

It is not cause for concern to me. But then I realize that running a business does not equate to only benefiting the top 1%.

They successfully saved companies 78% of the time. How are you judging them?

Again I ask, any evidence of any such things relating to reality?

It is not cause for concern to me. But then I realize that running a business does not equate to only benefiting the top 1%.

by what they did to a chunk of these companies...buy them, leverage them to the hilt, take the money and run...if the business then failed, then, it failed..no skin off their nose.

do your own research, i have.

BS. If you did any research you would never make the claim they 'did more harm than good'. Considering that near 80% of the businesses they bought came out better and stronger that prior to the purchase.

So what you appear to be saying is 'no, I have no evidence'.

by what they did to a chunk of these companies...buy them, leverage them to the hilt, take the money and run...if the business then failed, then, it failed..no skin off their nose.

If that was their strategy, more companies would have folded.

BS. If you did any research you would never make the claim they 'did more harm than good'. Considering that near 80% of the businesses they bought came out better and stronger that prior to the purchase.

So what you appear to be saying is 'no, I have no evidence'.
bs back at ya, if you would have done any research, you wouldnt have taken the romney numbers at face value.

You dont seem to know much about this business. Just because a company seeks out private equity doesn't mean that it's on the verge of collapse, or even doing badly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom