• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A frustrated radio show caller

Come on now... did you just say that 95% of the black community are unwise dupes merely because they don't vote like you?

No, I'm saying that they don't realize they are being segregated just as effectively as they were in the past. Their families are every bit as effectively destroyed as slavery managed to do. They are kept uneducated just exactly like they were in the 1800's. Their plantations are the inner-cities. And the plantation owners are the government paymasters. Some escape.

No, I'm saying that they don't realize they are being segregated just as effectively as they were in the past. Their families are every bit as effectively destroyed as slavery managed to do.

They are kept uneducated just exactly like they were in the 1800's. Their plantations are the inner-cities. And the plantation owners are the government paymasters. Some escape.

African Americans and most other people would say that African Americans are doing quite a bit better than if they were in the midst of slavery and seeing how they couldn't legally be taught at all how to read and write at all during slavery... not a very good analogy.

African Americans and most other people would say that African Americans are doing quite a bit better than if they were in the midst of slavery and seeing how they couldn't legally be taught at all how to read and write at all during slavery... not a very good analogy.

It's a great analogy. 40% of inner-city kids don't graduate from high school. 39% of them don't read at anywhere near grade level. (Chicago stats) They're very little better. And plus? They're not even safe in their own homes and neighborhoods. If you think that's great progress after being "freed" for 150 years? I can't imagine what yardstick you're using.

Oh, I'm sorry - their WIC card..

Many are proud to live in section 8 public housing... Do I have to provide rap videos and rap songs to cite this?

:rofl:rofl:rofl

You don't need to prove that untalented idiots exist. You don't need to prove that stupid people exist either. People who proclaim pride in Section 8 housing are just fronting because that's what people do in those situations. It's overcompensation for the fact that they have nothing to really be proud about.

We have Section 8 housing in suburban Chicago. Lovely neighborhoods. Private homes with fenced yards, good schools, all the rest. What's wrong with that?

I'm not against Section 8 housing. It's not what I consider the American dream either though. I don't mind people needing help. I do believe that people would prefer to be able to take care of themselves without government assistance being necessary. And yes, there are people who don't know any different and are content living on the govt. dime. Those people usually have a hustle on the side and aren't the kind of neighbors I want.

That's intellectually dishonest. We all know that, percentage wise, blacks are much more under the yolk of welfare than whites.

Which is directly tied to black men being incarcerated at a higher rate and with longer sentences.

I absolutely believe this. What's been done to black communities and families has been done by design.
… by states that insisted on local control of welfare so they could subvert its purpose to their own ends. :(

I used to rent out a house to an grandma who was on section 8. I loved it because as a landlord, I new that I was going to get paid each month. It wasn't a fancy house, and it wasn't in an expensive neighborhood, but I lived in that house for 7 years before I decided to move and rent it out. I figure if it was good enough for me, it's good enough for someone on welfare.

I think that's great. I don't think the majority of Section 8 housing is like this situation though.

Your whole post belongs in the conspiracy thread. I would file it under the 9/11 truthers and the birthers. The only difference is they have more believable points than "Welfare was created to keep the black man down".

Your conspiracy theory would require that almost every level of government was involved in keeping the black man down from conservatives to liberals.

Well, once you count out the number of people who genuinely believe that welfare is a good, fair idea . . . (such as yourself) . . . the number of people in government who have to be organized in secret to knowingly suppress an entire community is rather small. Small enough to be plausible.

The whole government is involved, but only because 99% of the whole government thinks it's doing the right thing.

I agree it was authoritarian and wrong. We are committing similar authoritarian act today, such as the War on Drugs. Just don't act like it was only a Democratic thing. This was an American thing, as evidence by President Coolidge's immigration act.

Well, as a libertarian I find government intervention into individuals lives to be the problem - not a solution. The alleged "war on drugs" is a farce and is intended to generate revenue and manifest problems that "only the government can solve."

Both republicans and democrats are guilty of this conduct. Many politicians know their policies create these problems so they can swoop in and pretend to fix them when they created them in the first place and have no intention other to aesthetically appear that they're doing something about the issue they created.

What a better way to stay in power then to create a problem and assure your base/constituents that you're there to solve it?

Which is directly tied to black men being incarcerated at a higher rate and with longer sentences.

So what is your argument? black men shouldn't be held responsible for their actions because they came from a crappy environment?

Many great black intellectuals, inventors, politicians etc grew up in a crappy environment - Thomas Sowell comes to mind right off the bat - Allen West to boot.

I'll say this much - rappers glorifying their "bling" on MTV via crime or pimping doesn't help the problem - especially when you're talking about a fatherless young black male who needs a role model.

I'm only 32, but I know back in the day the young black kids role model was Willie Mays, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson, Jackie Robinson - Now days its Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Lil John, UGK, Brotha Lynch Hung etc...

So that's why many black males go to prison - it's not fashionable to be a "geek" or conservative (literal not political)..

That's interesting numbers because...

78% + 13% = 91%

So you are saying that 91% of the US of A population is either white or black, leaving 9% for the rest of the races here... Kind of impossible when the Latino/Hispanic population eclipsed the black population several years ago I do believe.

Hispanics or Latinos constitute 16.3% of the total United States population, or 50.5 million people,[1] forming the second largest ethnic group, after non-Hispanic White Americans (a group composed of dozens of sub-groups, as is Hispanic and Latino Americans).
linkypoo...

You evidently missed my post addressing the math... and contained the same information as your post.

Which is understandable, since this thread was growing at rate much higher than the National Debt.

Well, once you count out the number of people who genuinely believe that welfare is a good, fair idea . . . (such as yourself) . . . the number of people in government who have to be organized in secret to knowingly suppress an entire community is rather small. Small enough to be plausible.

The whole government is involved, but only because 99% of the whole government thinks it's doing the right thing.

You'll have to show me where I have said welfare is good in it's current form. I have even said time and time again that welfare NEEDS reform.

Again, it would take a LARGE amount of people agree to be in on your conspiracy for it to be real.

Welfare in its current form may be flawed, but it wasn't created to keep the black man down. No amount of idiotic claims can change that.

Last edited:
It was liberalism that ended slavery and segregation.
iLOL
No it wasn't.

Keep on the revisionist history, it's all the dirty righties have left because they are ashamed that conservatism was the root of slavery and segregation.
Holy ****.
The root of such, as well as the revisionist history, is clearly from Democrats.

Look at these wonderful posters from those running as Democrats.

1876.jpg

1866-v2.jpg

"The two platforms" From a series of racist posters attacking Radical Republican exponents of black suffrage, issued during the 1866 Pennsylvania gubernatorial race. (See "The Constitutional Amendment," no. 1866-5.) The poster specifically characterizes Democratic candidate Hiester Clymer's platform as "for the White Man," represented here by the idealized head of a young man. (Clymer ran on a white-supremacy platform.) In contrast a stereotyped black head represents Clymer's opponent James White Geary's platform, "for the Negro." Below the portraits are the words, "Read the platforms. Congress says, The Negro must be allowed to vote, or the states be punished." Above is an explanation: "Every Radical in Congress Voted for Negro Suffrage. Every Radical in the Pennsylvania Senate Voted for Negro Suffrage. Stevens [Pennsylvania Representative Thaddeus Stevens], Forney [John W. Forney, editor of the " Philadelphia Press":], and Cameron [Pennsylvania Republican boss Simon Cameron] are for Negro Suffrage; they are all Candidates for the United States Senate. No Radical Newspaper Opposes Negro Suffrage. "Geary" said in a Speech at Harrisburg, 11th of August, 1866--"There Can Be No Possible Objection to Negro Suffrage."
File:Racistcampaignposter1.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3a35.jpg

A racist poster attacking Republican gubernatorial candidate John White Geary for his support of black suffrage. (See also "The Constitutional Amendment!," no. 1866-5.) The artist purports to show the convention of Radical Republicans held in Philadelphia in September 1866. On a dais in the background left, black men cheer as a procession of white men arm-in-arm with blacks enter from the right. The legend below reads: "Every Radical Candidate for United States Senator took part. "White Men & Women Are You Ready for This?"
The Radical Convention in Philadelphia, September 3d, 1866

The context is that there are more white people on welfare than blacks. That is IN context and IS fact.
And deceptive because the numbers are disproportionate to the respective population.

You are absolutely, inarguably, 100% correct!
Wrong!

even though most welfare recipients are white.
First of all, most recipients should be white since they make up the majority of the population.
Secondly, it depends on what you are talking about.
If you are talking about TANF benefits alone (which is welfare), then you are wrong.

For TANF.

Total Families        1,726,560
White                      31.2 % 538686.72
African-American  33.3 % 574944.48

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2009 | Administration for Children and Families

So it is greater than 1%.
And White do not make up a greater percentage for this demographic.
Yet it doesn't include food stamps or section 8.

Nor is it a proper comparison.

33.3% for Blacks on TANF, while compared to their being only roughly 13.1% of the population as a whole.

31.2% for Whites on TANF while compared to their being only roughly 78.1% of the population as a whole.

Yeah there is a disproportionately more blacks are on Welfare than whites by percentage of their respective population.

I say roughly because, TANF figures are from 2009, while percent of Population by race is from 2011.

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

False comparison.

The follow would be accurate.
From 13.1% of the US. population comes 33.3% of our Welfare recipients.

From 78.1% of the US. population comes 31.2% of our Welfare recipients.

Lets put that into better perspective?
For Blacks it is roughly 2.54 times higher than their population ratio.

For Whites it is roughly .4 times lower than their population ratio.

In other words, when you point out that it is ONLY 1.4% of the population for Blacks on Welfare, the percentage of Whites is even lower.
What is it? Around .085% for Whites?

If you are talking about SNAP benefits/Food Stamps.

While it is true that there are more whites receiving SNAP benefits, their numbers should be greater since whites make up the greatest portion of the population.
But are those numbers proportional to their respective populations?

Current estimated population

Population
White  223,553,265   72.4 %
Black     38,929,319   12.6 %
Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recipients
SNAP recipients are diverse with regards to race-ethnicity – 34 percent are White, 22 percent are
African-American, and 17 percent are Hispanic (20 percent are classified as “race unknown”).

http://frac.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SNAPstrategies.pdf

12.6% of the population make up 22% of the SNAP recipients.
while
72.4% of the population make up 34% of the SNAP recipients.
Those are disproportionate numbers.

Roughly 25.9024% of the Black population is on Food-stamps (SNAP benefits).
while
6.967% of the White population is on Food-stamps (SNAP benefits).

There is a disproportionately higher number of Black People on Food-stamps (SNAP benefits) than White People.

There is also a disproportionately higher number of Black People on Welfare (TANF benefits) than White People.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/zimme...rey-disbarred-voted-out-3.html#post1060716472

So by respective population, there is a disproportionally higher percentage of Black people on Welfare than White people.

CONSERVATIVES were the ones for slavery, not liberals. Segregation and slavery were ended by liberals.
[Que Dr.Smith's voice.]
Oh the spin! The spin!

Alfonzo Rachel: Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

"But what the scratch and sniff happened?
The democratic party has been, the pro slavery party, the pro segregation party, the anti-civil rights party, but the majority of the black community votes Democrat?"

They were even the party of the KKK.

Hey MSNBC, Democrats Were the Defenders of Slavery & Hateful Policies, Not the GOP

"Liberals are about as progressive as cancer."

ZoNation with Alfonzo Rachel: The Democratic Party's Long History of ... (Bigoty?)

"... republicans are evil with their code words ..."

Excon;1060955177[COLOR="#442244" said:
They were even the party of the KKK.[/COLOR]

Hey MSNBC, Democrats Were the Defenders of Slavery & Hateful Policies, Not the GOP

Dem and GOP is not the same as liberal and Conservative. Look at the definitions of liberal and conservative. Pro-slavery people were CONSERVATIVE. You can't lie about the definition.

Dem and the GOP switched from being Conservative and liberal to vice-versa. The majority of Dems back then were CONSERVATIVE. The majority of Dems now are LIBERAL.

Again with the revisionist history from Con lovers.

Dem and GOP is not the same as liberal and Conservative. Look at the definitions of liberal and conservative. Pro-slavery people were CONSERVATIVE. You can't lie about the definition.

Dem and the GOP switched from being Conservative and liberal to vice-versa. The majority of Dems back then were CONSERVATIVE. The majority of Dems now are LIBERAL.

Again with the revisionist history from Con lovers.
He stayes that there is a difference. Duh!

But the Pro-slavery people were liberal and conservative Democrats. Not Republican.

And there was no true switch. That is the Dems/Liberals trying to rewrite history.
And the so-called Southern Strategy, while it does have a few parts of factuality to it, is mostly a myth.

The Real Story of the Un-Solid South

At the center of the Southern Strategy myth is the idea that Republicans used the race card to seduce Democratic voters in the South into leaving their natural partisan home. The truth, as Trende convincingly demonstrates, is the opposite: ...

The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority | RedState

He stayes that there is a difference. Duh!

But the Pro-slavery people were liberal and conservative Democrats. Not Republican.

And there was no true switch. That is the Dems/Liberals trying to rewrite history.
And the so-called Southern Strategy, while it does have a few parts of factuality to it, is mostly a myth.

The Real Story of the Un-Solid South

At the center of the Southern Strategy myth is the idea that Republicans used the race card to seduce Democratic voters in the South into leaving their natural partisan home. The truth, as Trende convincingly demonstrates, is the opposite: ...

The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority | RedState

The definition of liberal would prohibit slavery. The definition of conservative is to keep the same, which slavery was. Hence liberals were against slavery and Cons were FOR slavery.

Dem and liberal are not synonymous just like GOP and conservative are not. Back then liberals were GOP and Cons were Dem. Deal with it.

So what is your argument? black men shouldn't be held responsible for their actions because they came from a crappy environment?

I have no idea where you got that idea from. I am saying that is one reason why black folks are disproportionately are on welfare. I am not saying that they shouldn't be held responsible.

Many great black intellectuals, inventors, politicians etc grew up in a crappy environment - Thomas Sowell comes to mind right off the bat - Allen West to boot.

I'll say this much - rappers glorifying their "bling" on MTV via crime or pimping doesn't help the problem - especially when you're talking about a fatherless young black male who needs a role model.

I'm only 32, but I know back in the day the young black kids role model was Willie Mays, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson, Jackie Robinson - Now days its Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Lil John, UGK, Brotha Lynch Hung etc...

So that's why many black males go to prison - it's not fashionable to be a "geek" or conservative (literal not political)..

It's very unfortunate that young people value fashion over stability. There are still good role models out there. They are not looked up to. I believe this is because we have become a "microwave" society. That is to say that people want instant gratification. The positive role models got to where they are by putting in years of hard work and sacrifice. The "I got mine" mentality isn't interested in hard work and sacrifice.

The definition of liberal would prohibit slavery. The definition of conservative is to keep the same, which slavery was. Hence liberals were against slavery and Cons were FOR slavery.

Dem and liberal are not synonymous just like GOP and conservative are not. Back then liberals were GOP and Cons were Dem. Deal with it.
You are sorely mistaken.

And I see you didn't watch much of Alfonzo. So be it.
That is quite a juvenile description, and not exactly right.
But I understand, you have yet to undue all that Liberal dogma you believe.

Democrats - Liberal, as in liberally interpreting the Constitution. Allowing them to exclude Blacks by their liberal interpretations.

You people can not compare the Democrat and Republican parties from the 1860s to the parties today. The Republicans back then were for a powerful federal government. Thats why they passed the 14th amendment. They limited state rights, for the first time states were forced to follow the Constitution.

You are sorely mistaken.

And I see you didn't watch much of Alfonzo. So be it.
That is quite a juvenile description, and not exactly right.

Democrats - Liberal, as in liberally interpreting the Constitution. Allowing them to exclude Blacks by their liberal interpretations.

Sorry that you can't take the truth that Cons believed in Slavery and liberals fought against it. Maybe after you graduate highschool you will get past all the Con BS of your parents. My hopes are with you.

Sorry that you can't take the truth that Cons believed in Slavery and liberals fought against it. Maybe after you graduate highschool you will get past all the Con BS of your parents. My hopes are with you.

How can you deny was some guy says in a Youtube video? It's gotta be true! :lol:

:slapme:
As I already said.

You are sorely mistaken.

:slapme:
As I already said.

You are sorely mistaken.

And as I already said:

Back
Top Bottom