• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A False narrative

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Why do some people introduce the topic of guns with a false narrative? I have not heard one person ever running for POTUS that wants to take law abiding citizens right tho own a gun away from them

In fact - even living in Portland, Oregon and living urban yet working in rural I have not met one person recently or even in my past that expressed a support to overturn the second amendment.

Sure some people prefer we do not sell WMD to heinous criminals across the border and then send our border agents in to face off.

Others prefer that people with major mental illness hallucinating not be allowed to have WMD yet why operate on a false narrative?

Could it be people who operate n this false are fed propaganda by the NRA who supports weapons manufacturers in our country who make billions selling weapons to known gangs, criminals, human traffickes, cartels and terrorists?

Why do some people introduce the topic of guns with a false narrative? I have not heard one person ever running for POTUS that wants to take law abiding citizens right tho own a gun away from them

Sadly, both candidates have expressed a willingness to do this, as law-abiding citizens can end up -through no fault of their own- on government watchlists. :(

In fact - even living in Portland, Oregon and living urban yet working in rural I have not met one person recently or even in my past that expressed a support to overturn the second amendment.

Sure some people prefer we do not sell WMD to heinous criminals across the border and then send our border agents in to face off.

Others prefer that people with major mental illness hallucinating not be allowed to have WMD yet why operate on a false narrative?

Could it be people who operate n this false are fed propaganda by the NRA who supports weapons manufacturers in our country who make billions selling weapons to known gangs, criminals, human traffickes, cartels and terrorists?

It's not a false narrative. The second Amendment doesn't say "The right of the people to own guns will not be infringed". It says "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Just because the government "allows" you to own a gun as long as you keep it locked away in a safe doesn't mean that the 2A hasn't been violated. Just because the government says "you can't have those guns but you can have that one" doesn't mean that the 2A hasn't been infringed. Just because the government allows you to purchase a firearm as long as you do so after background checks and absurd taxes on ammunition doesn't mean that the 2A hasn't been infringed.

When it comes to public safety laws need to follow a standard of creating rules which are THE LEAST restrictive on the fundamental rights of the people.

you complain about fake propaganda and then spew nonsense like claiming the NRA supports weapons manufacturers who make "Billions selling weapons to known gangs etc

name one Manufacturer of weapons in the USA who does this

and Hillary wants to do the following

1) overturn Heller-meaning that she wants a supreme court ruling that holds that there is NO INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms. WHY would someone want such a ruling unless they want to ban firearms

2) she is on record for wanting to ban all sorts of semi auto rifles even though those are used in less than 1% of violent crimes. If you claim such weapons have to be banned to prevent crime, isn't it logical to believe she also wants to ban the firearms used in 80% or more of all violent crimes involving firearms-handguns?

3) do you labor under the delusion that as long as I or other citizens can own some types of weapons, the second amendment is not violated if the government bans a complete class of other firearms-a class of firearms Americans have legally owned and used for about 100 years?

the second amendment is about what the GOVERNMENT cannot do rather than what we citizens can do. the federal government was never set up to limit what private citizens can do and was never properly given any power to limit what we can own. the federal government doesn't suddenly gain the power to ban say semi auto rifles because there are other types of guns available

anything civilian police officers use in civilian environments are clearly firearms other civilians ought to be able to easily own and obtain

Hillary opposes that and is thus a GUN BANNER

The funny thing is that the types of criminals you mention are the ones that will have all the mean weapons in countries that radically forbid possession.

lets look at the most prominent Democrat and see if its a false narrative

Where does Hillary Clinton stand on guns? - CNNPolitics.com

She has called for a ban on the sale of assault weapons

Clinton called for the reversal of a law that protects gun manufacturers from liability in lawsuits over shootings.

she claims this:
I'm not looking to repeal the Second Amendment. I'm not looking to take people's guns away,"

but she has publicly stated she wants Heller to be reversed, and she is in favor of requiring a license to merely own a handgun

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hillary_Clinton_Gun_Control.htm

She's also a blatant liar

The 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act banned 19 types of military-style assault weapons whose only purpose is to kill people.

They live through a false narrative fro propaganda purposes. The gun agenda is about as honest as the Brown and Williams tobacco agenda of the 50s and 60s. It's all about marketing merchandise, whoring our constitution, and whipping up hysteria to feed a right-wing political agenda. The reason that both you and I, and every other person can't remember any politician or president saying that they were going overturn or abolish the 2nd amendment is very simply because it never happened, nor will it.

These are the False Flag people just lying.

Its a poignant question, but actually not as poignant nor troubling as why people sharing the common delusion that the POTUS is going to take their guns away should be trusted to have the impeccable sound judgment necessary to maintain the exquisitely high level of responsibility owning a gun demands?

They live through a false narrative fro propaganda purposes. The gun agenda is about as honest as the Brown and Williams tobacco agenda of the 50s and 60s. It's all about marketing merchandise, whoring our constitution, and whipping up hysteria to feed a right-wing political agenda. The reason that both you and I, and every other person can't remember any politician or president saying that they were going overturn or abolish the 2nd amendment is very simply because it never happened, nor will it.

These are the False Flag people just lying.

No political movement is as dishonest in both its motivations and its assertions of solutions as the Bannerrhoid movement.

And its beyond dishonest to pretend that if a politician "only" wants to ban one large group of commonly owned firearms, that politician is not a gun banner.

The bannerrhoid movement has never explained who the second amendment allows the federal government the power to ban a large class of firearms even if those firearms are rarely used in crimes and have been commonly owned for decades.

If you claim the government has the power to ban any type of firearm-YOU DO NOT support the second amendment and you believe it should be violated.

Its a poignant question, but actually not as poignant nor troubling as why people sharing the common delusion that the POTUS is going to take their guns away should be trusted to have the impeccable sound judgment necessary to maintain the exquisitely high level of responsibility owning a gun demands?

what utter nonsense. I guess you ignored the fact that Bill clinton signed a law banning all sorts of firearms, and his chief toady in the senate wanted that law changed to allow confiscation of those firearms that were in private possession.

You mean the US Government?

lets look at the most prominent Democrat and see if its a false narrative

Where does Hillary Clinton stand on guns? - CNNPolitics.com

She has called for a ban on the sale of assault weapons

Clinton called for the reversal of a law that protects gun manufacturers from liability in lawsuits over shootings.

she claims this:
I'm not looking to repeal the Second Amendment. I'm not looking to take people's guns away,"

but she has publicly stated she wants Heller to be reversed, and she is in favor of requiring a license to merely own a handgun

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hillary_Clinton_Gun_Control.htm

She's also a blatant liar

The 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act banned 19 types of military-style assault weapons whose only purpose is to kill people.

The denial of the sheeple just proves their willingness to be controlled by the left.

what utter nonsense. I guess you ignored the fact that Bill clinton signed a law banning all sorts of firearms, and his chief toady in the senate wanted that law changed to allow confiscation of those firearms that were in private possession.

Clinton is not the current POTUS that the gun anarchists swore up one side and down the other was coming to take their guns.

Again, where's their judgment or reason they need to responsibly handle a gun?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066345271 said:
The denial of the sheeple just proves their willingness to be controlled by the left.

Sheeple are sheeple because in today's world there are 10,000 things vying for attention each day that to the sheeple are far more important.

What is important is a learned process inculcated by our parents and educational system. Our parents have forgotten long ago that the constitution needs our protection. Government controls the schools so government can easily give us the impression the law court are the highest authority which most now firmly believe.

What does that make citizens when the very organisations that claim they will protect our right do not do so and no citizen is in the least bothered. Is it no wonder that those organisation tasked with at least acting as the watch dogs of members to alert them to incursions abdicate this task in it's entirety?

If anyone is to blame for this situation it is the firearm organisations whose task it is to protect the only reason for the organisations existence, the second amendment.

And that is the only way it will be corrected. By kicking some organisations butt and reminding them they have a leadership role in our fight

Clinton is not the current POTUS that the gun anarchists swore up one side and down the other was coming to take their guns.

Clinton is proposing to reinstate her husband's bans and expand it. what prevented the current anti-gun president from enacting the laws he wanted was a few things you seem to be ignorant of

1) Dingy Hairy Reid wanted to stay majority leader and he remembers what happened in 1994. He also wanted to stay a senator from a pro rights state so he prevented most of the idiocy that his party tried to push, from hitting the floor

2) other Democrats didn't want to lose control of the house and senate either

3) Heller made it tougher for Obama and his party to try to impose federal bans

as to your stupid question ending your comment, I have no idea what you are talking about

Ahhhh!

Gun owners disagree with you, so you attack them as being non thinkers, and being too unsafe to handle a firearm?

Apparently politicians aren't doing a very good JOB with their narrative. I can't remember any politician saying anything other than there are too many guns and we've got to change that.

What gun manufacturers in the US are selling their guns to gangs, criminals, human traffickers, cartels and terrorists? An inquiring mind wants to know. YOUR narrative is part of the problem. ;)

That is a false narrative right there, just because a politician is not stupid enough to express an unpopular action does not mean they have no intent. In fact one could expect any politician to lie about that as it is not in their interest to raise public objection to themselves.

Strawman argument the intention is to pollute, degrade, spoil, weaken, mar, damage, impair, blemish, , blight, flaw, deface, scar, injure, harm; ruin, upset, undo, mess up, make a mess of, dash, sabotage, scotch, torpedo; foul up, louse up, muck up, screw up, put the kibosh on, scuttle, do for, throw a (monkey) wrench in the works of, deep-six the 2A.

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant argument that is unevidenced and obvious propaganda making a false appeal to object to what is presented which is both false and an outright lie. You should be ashamed of yourself for presenting such outright falsity as factual and without the slightest evidence. I have no doubt those perverted people that see such foul means of argument will like it very much.

No legitimate business sells to criminals without committing a crime. However government does so with impunity.

Last edited:
Ban all guns!

guns do NOT have rights!

Jesus never used a gun!

If you own a gun you can not be a Christian!

Vote Hillary or go to hell!

Ban all guns!

guns do NOT have rights!

Jesus never used a gun!

If you own a gun you can not be a Christian!

Vote Hillary or go to hell!

This guy must work for Wayne LaPierre!

I don't think "WMD's" are connected to the 2nd Amendment.

However, for American citizens, any laws that infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms is a violation. (Regardless Supreme Court rulings to the contrary.) Sure...you can say gun laws don't take away a person's right to own a gun, but if you place restrictions on the right to own guns you ARE, in fact, taking away someone's right.

The thing is, the 2nd Amendment is very clear. "...shall not be infringed." Any restrictions are an infringement.

Oh...and for sure, politicians who support gun controls are very careful to say they don't want to "overturn the 2nd Amendment"...they just want to make it very difficult, while violating the 2nd Amendment, for people to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

However, for American citizens, any laws that infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms is a violation. (Regardless Supreme Court rulings to the contrary.) Sure...you can say gun laws don't take away a person's right to own a gun, but if you place restrictions on the right to own guns you ARE, in fact, taking away someone's right.

The thing is, the 2nd Amendment is very clear. "...shall not be infringed." Any restrictions are an infringement.

Oh...and for sure, politicians who support gun controls are very careful to say they don't want to "overturn the 2nd Amendment"...they just want to make it very difficult, while violating the 2nd Amendment, for people to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

those politicians are either ignorant of the constitution (and thus in violation of their oath by malfeasance) or dishonest (and thus actively violating their oath)

those scum bags are pretending that the second amendment is not a blanket prohibition on federal intrusion

What is you opinion of legislation that requires American weapon manufactures to report amounts over 4 weapons when sold to foreign entities. Should this be tracked? If a private entity sells across the border thousands of assault rifles should this be allowed to be tracked. You know … that is the only way for the cartels, border murderers, human traffickers to get weapons as the Mexican government has such strict access and tracking.

What is you opinion of legislation that requires American weapon manufactures to report amounts over 4 weapons when sold to foreign entities. Should this be tracked? If a private entity sells across the border thousands of assault rifles should this be allowed to be tracked. You know … that is the only way for the cartels, border murderers, human traffickers to get weapons as the Mexican government has such strict access and tracking.

good to see you back on the thread you started

do you know what an "assault rifle" is? do you realize how corrupt the Mexican government is and how many firearms bought by that government for its army and police are quickly ending up in the hands of narcotics gangs? USA Private entities cannot sell automatic weapons across the borders without all sorts of government licenses and permission.

do you understand how many eastern bloc automatic rifles have been dumped on the world market as many former Warsaw Pact members joined NATO and switched to STANAG firearms?

shrug...

This is a different topic than any consideration of the 2nd Amendment.

I don't know. I see no problem with our federal government placing restrictions on firearm manufacturers regarding foreign entities they can and cannot sell their products to...same as our government placing restrictions on who we do any number of other kinds of business with. You know...sanctions against nations, selling technology, etc. Our 2nd Amendment doesn't forbid such restrictions.

However, if you expand such restrictions to apply to manufacturers selling to American citizens, then the federal government will be violating the 2nd Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom