• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Bot Is Caught Standing Ove The Bed Of This Man's Daughter.....

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This I am told actually happened..
A young teenage girl called her boyfriend and asks him to come over and sneak through her bedroom window. He does but her young brother hears the disturbance and runs in to the fathers bedroom and tells him someone is breaking in. The father grabs a gun and enters in to her bedroom concerned for her safety. He opens the door and sees the young guy standing directly over her lying in bed. The father asks, Do you know this guy"? She says, "No". The father then shoots and kills the young man. Question: Who if anyone, is guilty of what?

what does this have to do with robots?

A young teenage girl called her boyfriend and asks him to come over and sneak through her bedroom window. He does but her young brother hears the disturbance and runs in to the fathers bedroom and tells him someone is breaking in. The father grabs a gun and enters in to her bedroom concerned for her safety. He opens the door and sees the young guy standing directly over her lying in bed. The father asks, Do you know this guy"? She says, "No". The father then shoots and kills the young man. Question: Who if anyone, is guilty of what?

There were no charges pressed.

There was a little more to the story.
Houston father shoots and kills boy in teen daughter's room
Add to this the Father is confined to a wheelchair, and crawled to the daughters room,
and confronted the intruder. The Daughter said she did not know him.
The Dad said he reached for something, after being told not to move, the Police were on the way.

Clearly a bold-faced lie cost someone their life. I don't know if charges could be brought up on the girl who lied to her father who shot and killed what he taught and was informed to be an intruder when the girl actually knew the boy and had invited him over. I suppose the police could wrangle some kind of falseness out of her when she fills out a statement and nail her with a felony for falsifying a police report. But, I doubt anything will come of it and will be chalked up as an "unfortunate accident".

If the father had tiem to ask if she new the boy her life wasnt in danger and it is murder.
However I am not sure if you can actually "kill" a robot so maybe not

Amazing story, but what kind of kids do such a thing at 2:30 in the morning? Kind of stupid to crawl in to someone's home at that hour. Why would the girl say she did not know the kid while knowing here dad owns a gun?

Amazing story, but what kind of kids do such a thing at 2:30 in the morning? Kind of stupid to crawl in to someone's home at that hour. Why would the girl say she did not know the kid while knowing here dad owns a gun?

The boy would do it because he's stupid and stupid ideas sound kind of reasonable at the time. The girl would lie because she can foresee events up to, but not exceeding, 1/100 second into the future and was covering her ass. I cannot speak for the bot.

Last edited:
If the father had tiem to ask if she new the boy her life wasnt in danger and it is murder.
However I am not sure if you can actually "kill" a robot so maybe not

Picturing the scene, and it being 2:30 in the morning, I'd guess nobody was thinking very clearly.

Picturing the scene, and it being 2:30 in the morning, I'd guess nobody was thinking very clearly.

No immediate danger no use of deadly force.

The father is guilty of murder.

Stay out of my house at 230AM and you won't be shot. If a stranger is in my house at 2:30AM, I consider myself in immediate danger.

Stay out of my house at 230AM and you won't be shot. If a stranger is in my house at2:30AM, I consider myself in immediate danger.

the bot might be bullet proof.

Stay out of my house at 230AM and you won't be shot. If a stranger is in my house at 2:30AM, I consider myself in immediate danger.

If you think the situation is enough under control to ask your daughter if she knows the guy then you shoot him you are committing murder. You might get off in court in a few states with a really good lawyer but chances are you will be spending a lot of time with your new best friend Bubba, and deservedly so.

If you think the situation is enough under control to ask your daughter if she knows the guy then you shoot him you are committing murder. You might get off in court in a few states with a really good lawyer but chances are you will be spending a lot of time with your new best friend Bubba, and deservedly so.

The obvious situation given the evidence present is that you are too lazy to read the linked story, but I'll give you enough benefit of the doubt that to say that maybe you didn't see the story link further down the thread. It says that the father only shot, a) after the boy was said to be a stranger (in his daughter's bedroom) and b) the boy made a sudden move that looked like he was reaching for something. Now if I suddenly found someone in one of my kid's rooms that the kid claims not to know, I'm going to be on edge as that means that this person means no good to my kid. So yeah I'm going to react as if it is a threat. If I have a gun pointed at you, the hands stay in the air.

The initial link story is sketchy in the details, but here is one with more details. So it looks like police were called. But as the saying goes, "when seconds count, we're there in minutes". If the kid actually had been someone with intent to harm, waiting could have resulted in multiple deaths of the family. Hindsight is great and all, but at the moment all the information we have was not available to the father. So going back to my first sentence, while the obvious situation given the evidence present is that the father just shot the kid, looking further shows the situation was not as initially presented in the OP.

The obvious situation given the evidence present is that you are too lazy to read the linked story, but I'll give you enough benefit of the doubt that to say that maybe you didn't see the story link further down the thread. It says that the father only shot, a) after the boy was said to be a stranger (in his daughter's bedroom) and b) the boy made a sudden move that looked like he was reaching for something. Now if I suddenly found someone in one of my kid's rooms that the kid claims not to know, I'm going to be on edge as that means that this person means no good to my kid. So yeah I'm going to react as if it is a threat. If I have a gun pointed at you, the hands stay in the air.

The initial link story is sketchy in the details, but here is one with more details. So it looks like police were called. But as the saying goes, "when seconds count, we're there in minutes". If the kid actually had been someone with intent to harm, waiting could have resulted in multiple deaths of the family. Hindsight is great and all, but at the moment all the information we have was not available to the father. So going back to my first sentence, while the obvious situation given the evidence present is that the father just shot the kid, looking further shows the situation was not as initially presented in the OP.

The part about the daughter saying she didn't know the boy was irrelevant to the shooting, other than showing no immediate danger. The bit about the boy making a sudden move I did not see and is the ONLY reason this could be considered something other than murder.

Under ANY circumstances in America if you are in someone's home without notifying the owner you could be killed with no charges to the owner. If there are any posters here that feel you have the right to go in to someone's home unannounced please offer up the circumstance.

If I had caught a man in my daughter's room, I probably wouldn't say anything until after he was shot.

Back
Top Bottom