• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3.22.20 Were you better off 4 years ago?

The Rona was the fault of China and Fauci. The presidency of Trump produced fantastic results. Hell the guy even gave you that vaxx that Libbies loved so much.

I do not believe that Trump would have held the nation in lockdown as long as Brandon did, nor do I believe Trump would have allowed fuel prices to go nuts like Brandon did.
Quess we'll never know but believe what you need to believe. The truth is a different thing.

BTW oil and natural gas production is at the highest level ever. Including when the liar in chief was in charge

4 years ago gas was how much? Groceries were how much?

Yes. Everyone was better off 4 years ago.

Grocery shelves were bare four years ago. We had breadlines all around the country (I remember the community center down the street from me at the time was converted into an emergency food bank.) And gas was cheap because the economy was collapsed and interstate travel was restricted.

That's fake news.
Sure it is. It was when he originally made the masking, vaccine, social distancing claims. If you really believe he told the truth you are completely void of any facts that have been revealed. Including from his own admissions.

Grocery shelves were bare four years ago. We had breadlines all around the country (I remember the community center down the street from me at the time was converted into an emergency food bank.) And gas was cheap because the economy was collapsed and interstate travel was restricted.
Stores were bare because of Covid restrictions and supply chain issues. As for gas prices, they were lower after Trump came to office an stayed lower until Joe took office.

Quess we'll never know but believe what you need to believe. The truth is a different thing.

BTW oil and natural gas production is at the highest level ever. Including when the liar in chief was in charge
Yet it's inflated cost is still driving all inflation.

Sure it is. It was when he originally made the masking, vaccine, social distancing claims. If you really believe he told the truth you are completely void of any facts that have been revealed. Including from his own admissions.

The only admission I heard he made was that he downplayed importance of masks at first because they needed to be preserved for healthcare professionals. Makes sense from public policy perspective.

By your logic, Brandon created a crisis on the US/Mexico border, surrendered to the Taliban, spent America into a recession, forced fuel costs to go nuts, and is a general failure.

Well, in that respect, we all are. That whole virus thing and all.

Now on other matters, my work has stayed about the same, but everything is costing more. Like that food we seem to need.
So not really.
Not to mention the price of a gallon of gasoline at the pumps was about $1.86 before Trump left office.

Not to mention the price of a gallon of gasoline at the pumps was about $1.86 before Trump left office.
You don't suppose Covid had something to do with that do you? Travel was down just a tad as I recall

By your logic, Brandon created a crisis on the US/Mexico border, surrendered to the Taliban, spent America into a recession, forced fuel costs to go nuts, and is a general failure.

Looks like you quoted my post by mistake here. Not sure to whom this is supposed to be a response.

You don't suppose Covid had something to do with that do you? Travel was down just a tad as I recall
The price initially spiked when Covid hit. Trump had us energy independent before then. Unlike Biden, Trump never went to war against oil production,

The price initially spiked when Covid hit. Trump had us energy independent before then. Unlike Biden, Trump never went to war against oil production,

We produce more oil now than we did under Trump. Or ever.

Which is incredibly important. When your leadership actively targets your primary source of energy, the price goes up.
Libbies love to hide behind they claim that oil production is up. But they conveniently forget that they are now burdened by new European demands...since...you know..."someone" blew up the Nordstream pipelines. Brandon nixed an internal pipeline, then...oops...
The insanity is truly staggering.

Last edited:
Voxx? A blog as a source? What next? Wiki? Biden's mad push for all electric vehicles is in itself a war on oil production
OK look for yourself. There are many many articles on this. It's a fact. Production has NEVER been higher thsn it is now not even under Ttump

If you’ve been with a job for many years, it’s not that simple. You’re probably making more than you would starting out again.
Possibly true. It is also possible that other companies need someone with your skills.

I think last March 2020 was one of the bleakest periods of my life. The virus was spreading; the early death rate was about 2%; going to the grocery store was a scary experience. It also involved a shower as soon as I came home. ..... so much uncertainty with no sense that the guy in charge had a clue what to do....

4 years ago gas was how much? Groceries were how much?

Yes. Everyone was better off 4 years ago.
Yes, gas was dirt cheap because there was no demand. No one was traveling. Groceries 4 years ago? were there even groceries on the shelf? Certainly the experience of going to the grocery store as vastly improved as its no longer a life threatening event.

Things always need to be put in context, especially anything that happened four years ago. The post to which I was responding no context, so it was fundamentally disingenuous.

Speaking of 'on the shelf', I guess I am replying to a guy that had a short shelf life, but I am actually replying to the thought he put forth, not him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom