• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Quiet On Set” - Nickelodeon documentary

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
From Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah
Political Leaning
Independent
Have yall seen this? Just came out on Max. 4 episodes. If you were a child in the 90s or 2000s, you probably watched some of these shows. If you had kids in the 90s and 2000s like I did, they probably watched them.

This is absolutely heartbreaking. The end of episode 2? When you find out who was repeatedly molested? When they come out and sit in the directors chair, and the screen goes dark? Powerful, and I cried like a baby. My girls grew up with this show.

I put it on my Watch list.

Have yall seen this? Just came out on Max. 4 episodes. If you were a child in the 90s or 2000s, you probably watched some of these shows. If you had kids in the 90s and 2000s like I did, they probably watched them.
In 'my days' of  Nick, it was Double Dare and You Can't Do That On Television. About all i can recall watching.
This is absolutely heartbreaking. The end of episode 2? When you find out who was repeatedly molested? When they come out and sit in the directors chair, and the screen goes dark? Powerful, and I cried like a baby. My girls grew up with this show.

What easier way to get your hands on kids than to be employed in a business with them, have authority, and their directive is to 'do what you say? Disgusting..

I like some crime documentaries and such.  ID has some good ones, but I think I'll skip this one.

I have not watched it. But I think it makes me think that children in entertainment need to be provided a comprehensive security detail around them at all times from the time they leave their parent's care to go into these studios until the time they return.

Last edited:
Oh no! I'll watch it but gosh darnit, I'll probably be sickened and cry buckets! My kids grew up in this time.

Kids are so impressionable. One of the main victims was shadowed by their father, until one of the producers told them that their father was only out for the money, and they talked them into firing him as a manager. They did, the mother took over, and she never quite watched as close as the father did. She allowed overnight sleepovers, trips to Disney Land, etc.

Yes, I started watching it. I couldn't even make it through the first episode. Dan Snyder was to Nickelodeon as Harvey Weinstein was to Hollywood. Disgusting human beings both.

Yes, I started watching it. I couldn't even make it through the first episode. Dan Snyder was to Nickelodeon as Harvey Weinstein was to Hollywood. Disgusting human beings both.

Exactly. He basically built Nickelodeon, and they knew of his behavior and let it continue, because he made them lots of money.

In 'my days' of  Nick, it was Double Dare and You Can't Do That On Television. About all i can recall watching.

What easier way to get your hands on kids than to be employed in a business with them, have authority, and their directive is to 'do what you say? Disgusting..

I like some crime documentaries and such.  ID has some good ones, but I think I'll skip this one.
Yeah, I saw where it was going in Ep 1 and it would have been too rough for me to watch.

Exactly. He basically built Nickelodeon, and they knew of his behavior and let it continue, because he made them lots of money.
I dunno, the behavior of Schnieder seems wierd but not criminal. unless the documentary, which i have no interest in watching, brings up new allegations, it seems his big sin is having pictures of people's feet, and occasionally furnishing alcohol, I am yet to see allegations he was engaged in SA or rape of actors like Weinstein was.

Oh and yelling at people, which is like, meh whatever.

people are too soft if they think being yelled at by a boss is abusive

I dunno, the behavior of Schnieder seems wierd but not criminal. unless the documentary, which i have no interest in watching, brings up new allegations, it seems his big sin is having pictures of people's feet, and occasionally furnishing alcohol, I am yet to see allegations he was engaged in SA or rape of actors like Weinstein was.

Oh and yelling at people, which is like, meh whatever.

people are too soft if they think being yelled at by a boss is abusive

They were children, dude. Some as young as 10 years old.

They were children, dude. Some as young as 10 years old.
I get that. But that doesn’t mean sneaking pictures of feet is on the level of Harvey Weinstein raping someone

I get that. But that doesn’t mean sneaking pictures of feet is on the level of Harvey Weinstein raping someone

Now you’re moving the goalposts. Sorry - I thought engaging with you on something non-political would make it easier to deal with you, but apparently it doesn’t.

I saw this yesterday, thanks for the reminder, and started to watch it late last night but fell asleep through the first episode. I plan to watch it again and with my daughter. I really like Amanda Bynes, shamelessly one of the favorite movies is 'What a Girl Wants', and I had about got to the part when Schneider took an interest in her. It's so sad of what became of her. I have to wonder about the parents though, if I saw my daughter getting what looks like a cum shot to the face and/or fondling a potato in a suggestive way I'd be yanking her out of that show no matter what.

I saw this yesterday, thanks for the reminder, and started to watch it late last night but fell asleep through the first episode. I plan to watch it again and with my daughter. I really like Amanda Bynes, shamelessly one of the favorite movies is 'What a Girl Wants', and I had about got to the part when Schneider took an interest in her. It's so sad of what became of her. I have to wonder about the parents though, if I saw my daughter getting what looks like
a cum shot to the face and/or fondling a potato in a suggestive way I'd be yanking her out of that show no matter what.

Some of the parents are the problem, though. Look how hard Britney and Jamie Lyn Spears’ parents pushed them to be famous. Britney was only 16 when she filmed the “Hit Me Baby One More Time” video.

And I love Amanda Bynes. Always have. She was 10 when Schneider started taking her behind locked doors for “writing sessions.” 😢

It is insane to me that anyone is trying to defend Dan Snyder.

Now you’re moving the goalposts.
I am not. I initially responded to a post calling him the “Harvey Weinstein of Nickolodian”
Sorry - I thought engaging with you on something non-political would make it easier to deal with you, but apparently it doesn’t.
This is only difficult if you choose to make it that way

It is insane to me that anyone is trying to defend Dan Snyder.
Well a few years ago no one wanted to defend Kevin Spacey who was falsely accused of graping a guy and now one of the greatest actors of our time is blacklisted because of a charge for which Spacey was exonerated in court

Well a few years ago no one wanted to defend Kevin Spacey who was falsely accused of graping a guy and now one of the greatest actors of our time is blacklisted because of a charge for which Spacey was exonerated in court

I wasn't really talking about anyone in this thread, but thanks for making it clear that you are one of the people defending Snyder.

I have not watched it. But I think it makes me think that children in entertainment need to be provided a comprehensive security detail around them at all times from the time they leave their parent's care to go into these studios until the time they return.
It is an unfortunate reality that some of these kids are in this situation because of their parents.

And I love Amanda Bynes. Always have. She was 10 when Schneider started taking her behind locked doors for “writing sessions.” 😢

Watching those videos of her so young and so talented, it's sad to know what is going to eventually happen to her. I've read she is doing better and I hope that's true.

It is an unfortunate reality that some of these kids are in this situation because of their parents.
If you read Jeanette McCurdy’s book she clearly is abused more by her own mother than agents of Nickolodian.

Back
Top Bottom