• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“major national security threat”

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
House Homeland Security Committee posts this:

Here's where all those Chinese are going through to get into the country.

I Did That - Miller Thyme Designs

The National security issue is whatever is happening in China that has been driving a 25 fold increase in immigration over the last two years.

Then what is the House Homeland GOP going to do about it?
- What is their plan?
- Have they passed and sent a Border security Bill to the President?

Has Congress addressed and passed new laws to address the flaws in our current amnesty laws?

Congress has been kicking the border security and illegal entry issues down the road for decades. Time for Congress and the President to get together and address the issues.

Firstly, these are apprehensions. Apprehensions are the ones you catch. Higher apprehensions mean you are doing border security better not worse.

Secondly, Chinas economy is in bad shape and many previously happy people are looking to get out because of job losses and financial losses in their collapsing housing market. This has been building for years and has finally got bad enough to have noticeable numbers of Chinese at the border. If the Chinese govt wants to insert bad guys into the US I am sure they can just create the legal docs to do so without risking a random illegal border crossing.

Firstly, these are apprehensions. Apprehensions are the ones you catch. Higher apprehensions mean you are doing border security better not worse.

Secondly, Chinas economy is in bad shape and many previously happy people are looking to get out because of job losses and financial losses in their collapsing housing market. This has been building for years and has finally got bad enough to have noticeable numbers of Chinese at the border. If the Chinese govt wants to insert bad guys into the US I am sure they can just create the legal docs to do so without risking a random illegal border crossing.
Good points.

I'd be more worried about this than that:

And I don't meant just because she's Chinese (Hong Kong national/immigrant). If you're a noncitizen, you can't vote -- so why are you on a board of elections commission to begin with?

How many of those were allowed to enter the country?

I have in-laws who waited 15 years to legally immigrate to the US from China. They were saps. They should just walked in and gotten free cellphones and EBT cards.

When is the Legislative Branch going to pass an immigration bill that will update the asylum laws??

So previous presidents didn't catch them but Biden did?

(y)
The detail needed is how many were released through the catch-and-release program and how many were actually deported. If they were all caught-and-released … that's just as bad as them getting in illegally since there's no real way to enforce or track them.

And I don't meant just because she's Chinese (Hong Kong national/immigrant). If you're a noncitizen, you can't vote -- so why are you on a board of elections commission to begin with?
It appears that the voters of the area voted to remove the citizenship requirement for the board.

Nothing in the US constitution prohibits non citizens from voting in state and local elections.

How many of those were allowed to enter the country?

I have in-laws who waited 15 years to legally immigrate to the US from China. They were saps. They should just walked in and gotten free cellphones and EBT cards.
You should totally lobby your representative for some bi-partisan border legislation so that you are part of the solution.

House Homeland Security Committee posts this:

Here's where all those Chinese are going through to get into the country.

I Did That - Miller Thyme Designs

I've said for a few years now China could bring us to our knees by simply financing an underground railroad for their hillbilly poor to here.

I've said for a few years now China could bring us to our knees by simply financing an underground railroad for their hillbilly poor to here.

China has no desire to lose young people right now.

If we had 25,000 80 year olds crossing the southern border, maybe we'd have something to be concerned about.

Any influx of young able bodied people we get from China right now, only makes their problems worse.

Back
Top Bottom