View Poll Results: Should the 2001/2003 GWB tax cuts be extended for people that make under $250k?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    35 55.56%
  • No, because...

    24 38.10%
  • um... wait...

    4 6.35%
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 321

Thread: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

  1. #241
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    winners win, losers lose
    this country wasn't set up to comfort losers or to increase their numbers

    your existence does not justify others having to pay for you to live
    On the CONTRARY (and since we've now dispensed with many of your red herrings already)

    This country was populated originally by Euro-Losers.

    The Income tax set up just under 100 years ago/originally to prevent a 'serf-and-casle' system that was developing because People like Rockefeller, Morgan, Carnegie, etc were accumulating vast fortunes while many were scraping.
    Living in virtual slave-labor mining towns/railroad gangs.

    What made America, America WAS and IS a large Middle Class (progressive income tax), the vast majority therefore with a stake in our democracy.

    Some/a Minority of people just Are Much better, in fact WAY Too much better at accumulating the pie than others.
    This is fact.
    One YOU obvioulsy, from your posts, wouldn't benefit from if cut-throat/pure capitalism was to be instituted.
    One I do understand and have benefitted from.
    Especially from Bush virtually Halving MY taxes (Capital Gains/Divs) while running up the deficit/YOUR legacy/payback.
    Thanks!

    If we would revert back to our 'fair' natural state, again, resembling the beginning of the 20th C with a few astonishingly wealthy and a servant class, or perhaps purer/'fairer', 'serf-and-castle' system.

    And as already shown, "Class warfare" has been waged and Won for 25 years against the LESS well off, and any attempt to move even one click back towards historically Fair!.... is Idiotically/with great Irony called "Class warfare" when in fact, and especially considering the the Bush years which HALVED Capital Gains and Div taxes on which the rich live, it's realy "COUNTER Class Warfare".

    Nothing sadder/goofier than a Poor Fiscal Republican who has been duped into being into thinking he's a Rugged individualist.
    Now go trim my hedges in the North Garden.
    -

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    the concept of social engineering is contrary to our constitution and the income tax was not set up to do what you want and would have never passed if it was billed as the great equalizer as you say it is. We need to scrap the death tax now that we have confiscatory progressive income taxes

    the main reason to scrap progressive taxes is that they allow the dems to buy the votes of people like you by promising tax hikes will only be applied to others

    with such a system the parasite class will continue to vote into power income redistributionists who will ultimately force the prosperous to leave the nation meaning the parasites' standards of living will go downhill
    As I said.
    Fine. we can just go back to 1900 (Rockeller/Morgan/Mellon).. or 1400 (serf-and-castle) for that matter.
    Odds are YOU won't be looking out any window over your little Estate/Duchy, but digging trenches for your dinner with the other hut dwellers.

    "social engineeering"/Progressive taxes Worked/Work.

    That's why virtually Every advanced Industrial country has it.
    In fact Most of the advanced Western Industrial deomcracies have even More progressive systems.


    Edit:
    I think the point is made/we're done.
    No hard feelings if you continue the gardening for 16 hours 6 days a week.
    Otherwise I'll have to get a few other posters on the estate.
    -
    Last edited by mbig; 02-13-10 at 07:14 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #242
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    socialists always want the US to be like other socialist nations. You can never prove that freedom is a bad thing and the drug of entitlement addiction is a good thing. All the dems do is to create more and more addicts who have to vote dem or lose the handouts



  3. #243
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah, those dang ole socialist forefathers! LOL!
    You are dishonest claiming to be a conservative

    the founding fathers had no use for income redistribution or an income tax

    you ignore them and paen people like FDR

    selective worshipping of the past and dishonest



  4. #244
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    "social engineeering"/Progressive taxes WORKED/WORK.

    That's why virtually Every advanced Industrial country has it.. and how they got to BE advanced.
    In fact Most of the advanced Western Industrial deomcracies have even More progressive systems.
    -
    you are claiming that England, Germany and The USA did not become advanced until they started confiscating the wealth of the most productive? LOL



  5. #245
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the concept of social engineering is contrary to our constitution and the income tax was not set up to do what you want and would have never passed if it was billed as the great equalizer as you say it is.
    Oh there were detractors, but the majority won out, and it was provided for in the Constitution, the part that says to promote the general welfare of we the people. That is also how it has been interpreted for about the last century by the rule of law.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #246
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Oh there were detractors, but the majority won out, and it was provided for in the Constitution, the part that says to promote the general welfare of we the people. That is also how it has been interpreted for about the last century by the rule of law.
    you don't have a law degree do you? ONly people unlearned about constitutional law or dishonest claim that the general welfare clause empowers congress to do whatever it wants and ignore the tenth amendment.



  7. #247
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are dishonest claiming to be a conservative
    Not at all. I am a lower case "c" conservative.

    Upper case "C" Conservatives are dishonest when they claim to be conservative.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #248
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you don't have a law degree do you? ONly people unlearned about constitutional law or dishonest claim that the general welfare clause empowers congress to do whatever it wants and ignore the tenth amendment.
    No, I believe in the rule of law, so I leave it the Supreme Court to determine what is Constitutional. And for the last 96 years they have found it to be Constitutional.

    Do you not believe in the rule of law?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #249
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Not at all. I am a lower case "c" conservative.

    Upper case "C" Conservatives are dishonest when they claim to be conservative.
    nah you aren't you are a statist.



  10. #250
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should the 2001/2003 GWB cuts be extended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No, I believe in the rule of law, so I leave it the Supreme Court to determine what is Constitutional. And for the last 96 years they have found it to be Constitutional.

    Do you not believe in the rule of law?
    can you find a ruling where the "general welfare clause" was found to be an empowering clause? do you understand the concept?



Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •