Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 371

Thread: UPDATE: New Jersey utility denies turning away nonunion electric crew volunteers from

  1. #331
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And the bottom line is that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding. Obviously Excon just wants to keep it going, accusing people of whatever and trying to make whatever point he is trying to make. Who the heck even knows anymore?
    Which is all you have.
    Deflection away from the untenable position you took.

    So typical.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Surely you have an inability to read what was posted.
    I provided said info before you did.




    I am sure that as soon as the leftist hacks admit that their position of supporting the Union turning volunteers away during disaster recovery as initially reported, was wrong, you will get what ever right wing hacks that you think there are to admit to the information in the quotes that I provided long before you.
    It *supposedly* was ONE 6-man crew. Get a grip on yourself!!!

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which is all you have.
    Deflection away from the untenable position you took.

    So typical.
    As if you would know anything that is "typical" about me.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It *supposedly* was ONE 6-man crew. Get a grip on yourself!!!
    And if true, it still would have been wrong.

    But your support of it, or if you will, anybody's support of it, is and would be wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As if you would know anything that is "typical" about me.
    It is typical of a person who can not support the position they have taken.
    They deflect by doing exactly what you did in that post, and in these very quotes above.

    That is what is typical.


    So should we call it quits, or continue?

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    [QUOTE=Excon;1061104305]
    And if true, it still would have been wrong. But your support of it, or if you will, anybody's support of it, is and would be wrong.
    Oh Good God, why is it wrong for me to want the people who are under contract by the power company to be put to work (which is what they are HIRED to do BTW)? It would NOT slow down the progress. They could still get volunteers. So why is it wrong?

    It is typical of a person who can not support the position they have taken. They deflect by doing exactly what you did in that post, and in these very quotes above. That is what is typical.
    You brought it up, and look, oops you did it again.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You brought it up, and look, oops you did it again.
    There was no "oops" to it.
    Your behavior was typical for one trying to deflect.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh Good God, why is it wrong for me to want the people who are under contract by the power company to be put to work (which is what they are HIRED to do BTW)? It would NOT slow down the progress. They could still get volunteers. So why is it wrong?
    Wow! Your argument keeps changing. Before it was just those out of work. Now it is people under contract.

    If they are under contract, they are working for the company.

    Had this not been a disaster, there is nothing wrong with your position.

    But we are speaking about the aftermath of a large disaster were they need the influx of expertise and equipment to help.
    Which is a reason even the Unions agree to, and want, such help in the first place.

    And it was a situation where help was asked for.
    Regardless if the story had been true or not, the Union has no business turning away help that was asked for during disaster recovery.
    And as reported, they wouldn't have.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    [QUOTE=Excon;1061104431]
    Wow! Your argument keeps changing. Before it was just those out of work. Now it is people under contract. If they are under contract, they are working for the company.
    Are you kidding? I said, as I have from the beginning, the UNION members. I never said everyone who is out of work. You see, there you go assuming and putting words in my mouth that I didn't say, and this is really getting just plain stupid. It's like you are trying to find an argument where there is nothing to argue about. The article was an error, and you are reading MUCH more into my statements.

    Had this not been a disaster, there is nothing wrong with your position. But we are speaking about the aftermath of a large disaster were they need the influx of expertise and equipment to help. Which is a reason even the Unions agree to, and want, such help in the first place. And it was a situation where help was asked for.
    Regardless if the story had been true or not, the Union has no business turning away help that was asked for during disaster recovery.
    And as reported, they wouldn't have.[/COLOR]
    There is wrong with calling the guys who are under contract with the union who are unemployed to come help with the disaster and get paid at the expense of the power companies. They can well afford to pay these guys. I'm sure that the unions agreed because all of their guys are working too. That is how it should be IMO.

    BTW, I hate how you break every sentence up into a new paragraph. It makes it more work to quote you, but far be it for me to tell you how to type, so carry on. Just saying.

  8. #338
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    YOU posted after the update... several hours in fact. Guess you couldn't be bothered to check... you'd prefer to just believe the "liberal evil, conservative good" edict regardless of accuracy. Excon has the excuse that he didn't post after 12:43... but perhaps you "right wing hacks" might not have reacted so quickly with your partisanship. And, let's see which of you shows some integrity and admits they were wrong. Then I can indicate who is and is not pathetic.
    Yes, I did post both before and after the update. And yes, I could/should have revisited the WAAF-TV website and this is my mistake. Frankly after an initial perusal of links provided here on DP I rarely go back to check for updates..do you? As to your ‘skepticism’ of the Daily Caller, I understand this which is why I used the original source in #8. My second link to the similar situation reported in the Daily Caller didn’t include links but DID include person’s names and not the nefarious ‘unknown sources’. I too recognize the specious nature of many of the links furnished by posters on both sides of the isle. As to the ‘liberal evil/conservative good’ you sir misjudge me as I certainly do not feel this way. My reaction was not based on partisanship nor is it my way to do so. I firmly believe in the two (or more) party system and truly appreciate there are ‘left wing hacks’ to balance our ‘right wing hacks’.

    If there are other errors in my views on this issue please point them out and I will graciously admit my error.

    Ultimately my argument was against ‘preferred volunteers’ in this tragedy. I understand Chris’ position and respect it but suffice to say that the NEXT time our power is off for 5 days (or 2 or 3 which is common out here in the boonies) I don’t care if the line crew who shows up to fix it is union or not…

    Note my opinion in #336.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #339
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They won't rest until children are working 60 hour weeks.
    Is that happening now in non-union businesses? Next.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #340
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Is that happening now in non-union businesses? Next.
    It's just the first step in overturning a century's worth of progressive labor laws.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •