Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

  1. #41
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What does beating your kid have to do with running a football? Sorry, but I still don't get what his job has to do with how he treats kids.
    The company that hires him can suspend him for what ever reason they want. It's a private industry. All the sudden you are against private industry doing what is in its best interest?

    So You ate only a libertarian when it doesn't conflict with your television?
    It's okay to be white

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    The company that hires him can suspend him for what ever reason they want. It's a private industry. All the sudden you are against private industry doing what is in its best interest?
    I never said they couldn't suspend him for whatever reason they wanted.

    So You ate only a libertarian when it doesn't conflict with your television?
    What? Are you saying you don't eat libertarians?

  3. #43
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I never said they couldn't suspend him for whatever reason they wanted.
    So what are you on about? They know their business better than you.



    What? Are you saying you don't eat libertarians?
    No, for some reason my spell check confuses the word "are" with the word "ate."
    It's okay to be white

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    The guy who questioned why possession of child pornography should be illegal, has a problem with the NFL suspending a child abuser... I'm starting to see a disturbing pattern.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    The company that hires him can suspend him for what ever reason they want. It's a private industry. All the sudden you are against private industry doing what is in its best interest?

    So You ate only a libertarian when it doesn't conflict with your television?
    Libertarians can be delicious, or so I'm told by some of my cannibal friends.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #46
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Libertarians can be delicious, or so I'm told by some of my cannibal friends.
    Child-like logic and ideologies, sadly, do not translate to child-like taste!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #47
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Child-like logic and ideologies, sadly, do not translate to child-like taste!
    I'll have to take your word for that. I've never tasted a child.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #48
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,505
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why is it ****ing stupid? If a man built houses for a living and spent most of his time driving nails does it matter at all that he is an abusive asshole to his children? It would make sense to fire someone that works with children if they are found to be abusive to their own children, but otherwise, it makes no sense.
    Because if the carpenter did something that would make people not want to buy his company's houses, he'd be kicking stones down the road soon enough. The NFL produces fans. This a**hole is bad for business.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Because if the carpenter did something that would make people not want to buy his company's houses, he'd be kicking stones down the road soon enough. The NFL produces fans. This a**hole is bad for business.
    I'm more than aware of their motivations. I even said as much by saying they were motivated to act because of their consumers. I just think their consumers need to focus on the game.

    The consumer is there for a show, and since Peterson can still put up pretty good numbers the last time I checked(it's been a while admittedly) they have no reason to think he wouldn't be worth the ticket price.

    It's a goddamn transaction for entertainment, not a goddamn morality convention.
    Last edited by Henrin; 11-19-14 at 01:16 PM.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So what are you on about? They know their business better than you.
    That I disagree with apparently society that this behavior should cause him to not able to run a football for a living.

    No, for some reason my spell check confuses the word "are" with the word "ate."
    I figured as much.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •