Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Can we stop pretending that "If we should ban guns because they are dangerous, we should ban everything that's dangerous" is a line of a logic ANYONE is using?

    I can't wait until the next smug prick who thinks he's being clever talks about why 'libs' don't want to ban buildings over two stories because they are dangerous too!
    Thanks for proving his point.

    PS: No...I'm not going to explain it to you. Think for yourself.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Police are looking for the man who approached a woman waiting at a bus stop in Queens early Monday, forced her to a nearby cemetery and raped her at knifepoint.

    Authorities said the suspect approached the 41-year-old victim at 91st Place and Corona Avenue in Elmhurst shortly before 5 a.m. and asked her who she was waiting for.

    When she said "my husband," he put a knife to her back and forced her to a high school parking lot about two blocks away, where he made her empty her pockets.

    Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint | NBC New York

    Will the liberals be calling for KNIFE bans next?
    There is a difference between a knife and a gun. That is that knives actually have a purpose in all of our lives. It is a tool we use to cook or to cut things. It is basic and useful. yet still there are places that ban knives despite their usefulness. Often those places are ones where during normal circumstances you won't need a knife. For instance schools or a courthouse. A gun is different. It has one purpose, and that purpose is not very useful for most people. That purpose is to send a chunk of metal at a target at extreme velocities to cause damage. Guns are a tool for killing. you cannot cut your steak with a gun. A gun is terrible at opening boxes, or at cutting things. Treating them the same would be silly as they both serve much different purposes and are much different. Sorry, but you made a bad argument, right down to the reality we do ban knives in many places.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Thanks for proving his point.

    PS: No...I'm not going to explain it to you. Think for yourself.
    His point that its hypocritical to want to ban guns for being dangerous but not other dangerous things like knives is has some flaws:

    1) No one is arguing we ban all guns in the first place. I really can't over emphasize the flaw in arguing against a position no one is taking, should be obvious though.
    2) It focuses on a single characteristic of an item, yes a car or knife is dangerous for example but it has a lot of utility as well. Likewise there's more to a gun than the danger involved in its use, any argument that only focuses on a sole aspect of something is flawed, including arguments to ban all guns for no other reason than they are dangerous.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Thanks for proving his point.

    PS: No...I'm not going to explain it to you. Think for yourself.
    No, it is true it is a terrible argument that neglect the usefulness of other objects in daily life. There are a lot of dangerous objects that have uses that make them a part of our lives which is why we don't ban them. A gun is a tool with one purpose. That reality may be contrary to your point which is why you don't like it because we have a reason for having things like knives aside from committing crimes and hurting people. That still does not make the argument invalid because it is a point you have a hard time dealing with.

    But please explain to me the other uses of a gun aside from killing people that make it a tool I would use in my every day life like a knife. I know it might be problematic to explain yourself because you want me to think for myself, but this is a place for explaining yourself. Feel free to take the time and i will feel free to evaluate your explanation by thinking for myself instead of taking your word on it without thinking for myself. I cannot evaluate your ideas with thought if you do not present them meaning you actually just asked us all to not think and take your word on it. Way to contradict your own argument.

  5. #25
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Depends on how much smarter you are than the criminal.
    They always sneak up from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No, it is true it is a terrible argument that neglect the usefulness of other objects in daily life. There are a lot of dangerous objects that have uses that make them a part of our lives which is why we don't ban them. A gun is a tool with one purpose. That reality may be contrary to your point which is why you don't like it because we have a reason for having things like knives aside from committing crimes and hurting people. That still does not make the argument invalid because it is a point you have a hard time dealing with.

    But please explain to me the other uses of a gun aside from killing people that make it a tool I would use in my every day life like a knife. I know it might be problematic to explain yourself because you want me to think for myself, but this is a place for explaining yourself. Feel free to take the time and i will feel free to evaluate your explanation by thinking for myself instead of taking your word on it without thinking for myself. I cannot evaluate your ideas with thought if you do not present them meaning you actually just asked us all to not think and take your word on it. Way to contradict your own argument.
    Examples of guns not being used to kill people. Ok. Hunting is one. (people do need food after all and a $5 dollar bullet is still cheaper than Wal-Mart or Safeway meat pound for pound.) Incapcitation is another (where someone purposely aims for areas that are not deadly..like a knee cap). Target practice is real fun and requires skill and when done in the Olympics is about sportsmanship (and no one is pointing the gun at anybody).

    And no, I didn't ask anyone to not think. I specifically said "think for yourself". If you had done so then you would know that there are more uses for guns than just killing people. That is just the talking point of the anti-gun crowd which has been proven false many a times.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    1) No one is arguing we ban all guns in the first place. I really can't over emphasize the flaw in arguing against a position no one is taking, should be obvious though.
    Tell that to all these people....Calls for Gun Bans. Not that it matters. The OP did not call for a "ban on all knives" or even sugest that liberals would or should. You brought that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    2) It focuses on a single characteristic of an item, yes a car or knife is dangerous for example but it has a lot of utility as well. Likewise there's more to a gun than the danger involved in its use, any argument that only focuses on a sole aspect of something is flawed, including arguments to ban all guns for no other reason than they are dangerous.
    Funny, isn't that what anti-gunners do? Focus on one aspect and use that to try and ban guns? Or was all that talk about right after the Conn. shooting just my imagination?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    They always sneak up from behind.
    There are still ways if you know how.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Tell that to all these people....Calls for Gun Bans. Not that it matters. The OP did not call for a "ban on all knives" or even sugest that liberals would or should. You brought that up.

    Funny, isn't that what anti-gunners do? Focus on one aspect and use that to try and ban guns? Or was all that talk about right after the Conn. shooting just my imagination?
    Alright some people are but most people are and implying that all liberals do is a flat out lie, and as I said focusing on a single aspect is stupid. Do you think pointing out that anti gun folks do it sometimes some how invalidates my statement? No. Firstly, I'm not responsible for what they say, secondly I don't associate with them anyway, and thirdly like it says in my lean I'm independent. And I'm independent for the very reason that I'm tied to someone else's statements.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Police are looking for the man who approached a woman waiting at a bus stop in Queens early Monday, forced her to a nearby cemetery and raped her at knifepoint.

    Authorities said the suspect approached the 41-year-old victim at 91st Place and Corona Avenue in Elmhurst shortly before 5 a.m. and asked her who she was waiting for.

    When she said "my husband," he put a knife to her back and forced her to a high school parking lot about two blocks away, where he made her empty her pockets.

    Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint | NBC New York

    Will the liberals be calling for KNIFE bans next?
    Pretty sick -- using a rape to make your incoherent point that knives are as good as guns.

    If that's the case, let's ban guns. Apparently knives can protect you against rapists just fine.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •