Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Hatch WILL NOT take the hint.
    Why should he? Hatch won his last election by 62% of the vote. Trump beat Hillary by 20 points in Utah.

    The Trib writer doesn't like President Trump keeping his promise to cut taxes. A lot of people don't. A lot do. And the Trib doesn't even get a vote

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    91,211

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Why should he? Hatch won his last election by 62% of the vote. Trump beat Hillary by 20 points in Utah.

    The Trib writer doesn't like President Trump keeping his promise to cut taxes. A lot of people don't. A lot do. And the Trib doesn't even get a vote
    The people who write it and read it do get to vote however. And Utah has a rather literate population.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The people who write it and read it do get to vote however. And Utah has a rather literate population.
    And who did the Trib support in '16?

    Editorial: In the end, Hillary Clinton is the only qualified candidate, and ...
    archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=4455498&itype=CMSID

    And now President Trump got 62% of the vote. Hillary barely beat the independent. 27 - 21%.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    32,869

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The people who write it and read it do get to vote however. And Utah has a rather literate population.
    And who did the rather literate public choose?
    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
    ― Douglas Adams

  5. #25
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,869

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
    -Mark Twain

  6. #26
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,374

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    And who did the Trib support in '16?

    Editorial: In the end, Hillary Clinton is the only qualified candidate, and ...
    archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=4455498&itype=CMSID

    And now President Trump got 62% of the vote. Hillary barely beat the independent. 27 - 21%.
    Your percentages add to 110, and leave out all other 3rd parties, 5.5% more.

    The True Numbers in Utah were: trump = 45.5%, 16.5% lower than the number you presented, Clinton = 27.5%, McMullin = 21.5%, Johnson = 3.5%, and the rest with 2.0%.

    The Green Papers: United States Off Year Election 2017
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,374

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    And who did the rather literate public choose?
    69.5% chose the literate one Cruz in the Utah primary, then Kasich 15.7%, with trumpybear at 13.9% ...
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

  8. #28
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    32,869

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    69.5% chose the literate one Cruz in the Utah primary, then Kasich 15.7%, with trumpybear at 13.9% ...
    So they aren't idiots. And they reelected Hatch.... The people's choice.
    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
    ― Douglas Adams

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Your percentages add to 110, and leave out all other 3rd parties, 5.5% more.

    The True Numbers in Utah were: trump = 45.5%, 16.5% lower than the number you presented, Clinton = 27.5%, McMullin = 21.5%, Johnson = 3.5%, and the rest with 2.0%.

    The Green Papers: United States Off Year Election 2017
    You're correct. I don't know why I got 62% stuck in my head.

  10. #30
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,374

    Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You're correct. I don't know why I got 62% stuck in my head.
    I see Huntsman Sr. refereeing here. He's no friend of Sen. Lee either. Romney has two good terms in him, since being 70/80 plus seems to be a prime age for GOP senators ...
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •