Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 346

Thread: Ft Myers rally

  1. #181
    Sage trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,192

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by OlNate View Post
    We are in agreement. But to remove the glorification, they need to be taken down from their pedestals and be replaced with Americans that are truly praise worthy, in my opinion - you guys have so many, this should be easy. Put them in a museum, make every kid go see them, and perhaps allow folks who are nostalgic have access in order to pay their respects, if you want to allow for that kindness.

    That all said, I'll still check out your video...this is just where I've landed for now.
    Thank you.
    I believe this should remain a state's issue, let it go to vote by the people of Lee county to see if the statue of Lee should go to a museum or remain standing.
    I think you will find in the Y/T video Rice is saying this is not about glorification of a person or a time in history gone by. The statues, on the other hand, are a reminder of how far we have come historically. The statues and monuments have historically become a symbol of progress, IOW.
    Last edited by trixare4kids; 05-16-18 at 02:20 PM. Reason: eta text

  2. #182
    global liberation
    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    77,097

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    You did not attack an argument. You viciously inferred that my opinion means to you that I am something that I am not.
    You're the one playing victim since you have the inability ever to admit that you're wrong.
    Now you can keep making excuses for yourself, or you can move on and carry yourself like an adult with a message worth hearing.
    Your move...
    What a bunch of snowflake crap. Hit the report button and seek a safe space.

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Seen
    05-24-18 @ 11:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I believe this should remain a state's issue, let it go to vote by the people of Lee county to see if the statue of Lee should go to a museum or remain standing.
    Why can't Blacks and other oppressed minorities just drag it down?
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." ~ Thomas Jefferson

    Except maybe for slavery, Thomas the stunning hypocrite Jefferson!

  4. #184
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,764

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    That would be Lincoln (excluding world wars). He initiated a war which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of americans. The south would not have fought a war if the north would have left them alone.
    That attitude is what caused the conflict, there was no right of succession. Lincoln made that quite clear.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  5. #185
    Sage trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,192

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    Why can't Blacks and other oppressed minorities just drag it down?
    Not sure if I am reading the above correctly, but you are advocating for unlawful anarchy?

  6. #186
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,309

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    You did not attack an argument. You viciously inferred that my opinion means to you that I am something that I am not.
    You're the one playing victim since you have the inability ever to admit that you're wrong.
    Now you can keep making excuses for yourself, or you can move on and carry yourself like an adult with a message worth hearing.
    Your move...
    No: YOU infer, someone else implies.

    And one cannot 'viciously' infer.

    You're welcome!
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  7. #187
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,455

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    More the reason historical monuments like Lee's should remain to remind us of how far we have come from those ugly days gone by.
    Except for the fact that the statutes were specifically createdas as a symbol of the "triumph" of the traitors over African Americans following reconstruction.

  8. #188
    Sage trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,192

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    No: YOU infer, someone else implies.

    And one cannot 'viciously' infer.

    You're welcome!
    You have a right to your opinion but not your own facts.


    Infer Sentence Examples


    yvw and ymmv
    Last edited by trixare4kids; 05-16-18 at 02:56 PM. Reason: eta text

  9. #189
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,517

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Again who fired the first shot? Who voted to leave the Union? The Rebels THOUGHT Lincoln would lead Congress into VOTING an end to slavery. The 'other side' first and foremost thought the South shouldn't be allowed to leave the Union and rebels firing on Americans couldn't be tolerated. Emancipation came long after the blood was being shed by men in uniform.

    You tend to look back and modify the time line to suit your predetermined belief...
    Again politicians and activists started the war, not the people who fought it. As usual.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  10. #190
    Sage trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,192

    Re: Ft Myers rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    Except for the fact that the statutes were specifically createdas as a symbol of the "triumph" of the traitors over African Americans following reconstruction.
    Historically, yes, but that's not the meaning of them today otherwise slavery would still be legal. They should remain a reminder of how far we have come historically.
    Honestly, why is this such a hard concept to understand?

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •