Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

  1. #1
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,090

    Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21

    Just stupid, why should legal adults not be permitted to purchase a legal product? Why not just ban the retail sale of tobacco period if smoking is so bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #2
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,506
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21

    Just stupid, why should legal adults not be permitted to purchase a legal product? Why not just ban the retail sale of tobacco period if smoking is so bad?
    If that's what the people of Oregon want. I don't approve of it and I don't even smoke.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  3. #3
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,693

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21

    Just stupid, why should legal adults not be permitted to purchase a legal product? Why not just ban the retail sale of tobacco period if smoking is so bad?
    Legal adults (specifically, 18-20 year olds) are still kids in many ways. See also: alcohol.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,722

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21

    Just stupid, why should legal adults not be permitted to purchase a legal product? Why not just ban the retail sale of tobacco period if smoking is so bad?
    The state won't ban it because it is a cash cow. I don't know the production cost of a pack of cigarettes, but its got to be low and they load it with 5-6 bucks of taxes.
    I admire JFK for his most admirable achievement - bedding Marylin Monroe!
    When Democrats are out of options, they make everything about race.
    American students want to be "happy". Chinese students want to rule the world.
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

  5. #5
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,222
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Is pot legal in Oregon? If so, will the age for and tobacco be the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  6. #6
    Guru cuban smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Reagan BLACKMAILED all states by threatening to withhold FHMFs to force states to move legal drinking age from 18 to 21; YES, it was BLACKMAIL ...........
    Germany & Scotland must be ****hole countries because that is where Trumpís family is from.
    I guess America is now a ****hole country since we have a POTUS whose family came from ****hole countries.

  7. #7
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Legal adults (specifically, 18-20 year olds) are still kids in many ways. See also: alcohol.
    But we send them to war to kill.....

    Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,090

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Legal adults (specifically, 18-20 year olds) are still kids in many ways. See also: alcohol.
    I don't think that should be 21 either. In Canada the drinking age is 19 and all hellfire and brimstone somehow hasn't fallen there
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #9
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,090

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Is pot legal in Oregon? If so, will the age for and tobacco be the same?
    Yes and yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  10. #10
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,822

    Re: Oregon raises smoking age to 21

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I don't think that should be 21 either. In Canada the drinking age is 19 and all hellfire and brimstone somehow hasn't fallen there
    Same could be said for single payer healthcare.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •