Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,320

    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance
    Do we want peace and prosperity or nihilistic antics?



    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance | The American Spectator
    22 Nov 19 ~ By David Catron
    Americans are enjoying an all-too-unusual combination of peace and prosperity. The probability that you will be killed or lose a loved one in a foreign war has dropped to nearly zero, while the chance that you or anyone you know will be involuntarily unemployed is lower than it has been in half a century. Moreover, real wages are increasing and inflation is negligible. Life isn’t problem-free, of course, but times are genuinely good. Much of the credit for this gratifying state of affairs is unquestionably owed to President Trump. Yet the Democrats assure us that he is a clear and present danger to the republic. He is, they believe, such a menace to our sacred freedoms that the speaker of the House recently issued a press release declaring him too dangerous to leave in office long enough for the voters to decide his political fate. The next presidential election is only a year away, but Speaker Pelosi avers that allowing the democratic process to play out is a “weak response” to Trump’s crimes: “That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because the President is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.” She is, however, oddly vague about the details of this alarming threat.
    All of the above, and much more, was accomplished even as President Trump was subjected to the absurd Mueller investigation and the even more asinine “impeachment inquiry.” Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the Democrats had accepted the will of the voters. And, make no mistake, that’s what “the resistance” is about. Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats have refused to acquiesce in the peaceful and orderly transfer of power to the president chosen by the electorate. They have nothing to offer but impeachment. That makes them far more dangerous than Donald Trump.



    Comment:
    Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the "Never Trumpers" had accepted the will of the voters. Had the likes of Paul Ryan worked with President Trump from the beginning, the GOP(e) would still control the House and we'd not have to endure the "Schiff Show" going on this month.
    IMO, Trump's base cares about the results he's achieved and is against the resistance the Progressive Marxist Socialists have shown.
    His supporters don't care if he is rough and sometimes rude. At times it is called for. History has shown us that previous presidents in the 19 and 20th Centuries have been bombastic and been successful. As long as Trump gets results or fights to get those results, he is in good standing with his base.
    We endured the Schiff Show and now all of the liberally educated white women in suburbia that voted the Dems into the House now know what they have wrought. I hope that they will come to their senses and vote for Trump this time around. I'm extremely concerned though...many GOP congressmen in Texas and other places are not running for re-election. This is disconcerting and we must encourage the GOP to find qualified candidates to take their place.
    Most American voters appreciate President Trump because he is actually using our enormous economic leverage against our enemies rather than sending our boys and girls downrange to interfere in everyone else's business. I am still absolutely stunned at the waste and graft of 20 year wars and the idiotic 'ruling class IMC' that fomented that waste. The same arrogance and idiocy has been on display the last two weeks in the impeachment 'hearings'. Our federal executive service officers are our greatest embarrassment.
    Let Trump be Trump.

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,964

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance
    Do we want peace and prosperity or nihilistic antics?



    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance | The American Spectator
    22 Nov 19 ~ By David Catron
    Americans are enjoying an all-too-unusual combination of peace and prosperity. The probability that you will be killed or lose a loved one in a foreign war has dropped to nearly zero, while the chance that you or anyone you know will be involuntarily unemployed is lower than it has been in half a century. Moreover, real wages are increasing and inflation is negligible. Life isn’t problem-free, of course, but times are genuinely good. Much of the credit for this gratifying state of affairs is unquestionably owed to President Trump. Yet the Democrats assure us that he is a clear and present danger to the republic. He is, they believe, such a menace to our sacred freedoms that the speaker of the House recently issued a press release declaring him too dangerous to leave in office long enough for the voters to decide his political fate. The next presidential election is only a year away, but Speaker Pelosi avers that allowing the democratic process to play out is a “weak response” to Trump’s crimes: “That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because the President is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.” She is, however, oddly vague about the details of this alarming threat.
    All of the above, and much more, was accomplished even as President Trump was subjected to the absurd Mueller investigation and the even more asinine “impeachment inquiry.” Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the Democrats had accepted the will of the voters. And, make no mistake, that’s what “the resistance” is about. Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats have refused to acquiesce in the peaceful and orderly transfer of power to the president chosen by the electorate. They have nothing to offer but impeachment. That makes them far more dangerous than Donald Trump.



    Comment:
    Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the "Never Trumpers" had accepted the will of the voters. Had the likes of Paul Ryan worked with President Trump from the beginning, the GOP(e) would still control the House and we'd not have to endure the "Schiff Show" going on this month.
    IMO, Trump's base cares about the results he's achieved and is against the resistance the Progressive Marxist Socialists have shown.
    His supporters don't care if he is rough and sometimes rude. At times it is called for. History has shown us that previous presidents in the 19 and 20th Centuries have been bombastic and been successful. As long as Trump gets results or fights to get those results, he is in good standing with his base.
    We endured the Schiff Show and now all of the liberally educated white women in suburbia that voted the Dems into the House now know what they have wrought. I hope that they will come to their senses and vote for Trump this time around. I'm extremely concerned though...many GOP congressmen in Texas and other places are not running for re-election. This is disconcerting and we must encourage the GOP to find qualified candidates to take their place.
    Most American voters appreciate President Trump because he is actually using our enormous economic leverage against our enemies rather than sending our boys and girls downrange to interfere in everyone else's business. I am still absolutely stunned at the waste and graft of 20 year wars and the idiotic 'ruling class IMC' that fomented that waste. The same arrogance and idiocy has been on display the last two weeks in the impeachment 'hearings'. Our federal executive service officers are our greatest embarrassment.
    Let Trump be Trump.
    Yes, imagine what Trump could have done if we just gave him dictatorial powers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    My discourse is elevated

  3. #3
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,554

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance
    Do we want peace and prosperity or nihilistic antics?



    Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance | The American Spectator
    22 Nov 19 ~ By David Catron
    Americans are enjoying an all-too-unusual combination of peace and prosperity. The probability that you will be killed or lose a loved one in a foreign war has dropped to nearly zero, while the chance that you or anyone you know will be involuntarily unemployed is lower than it has been in half a century. Moreover, real wages are increasing and inflation is negligible. Life isn’t problem-free, of course, but times are genuinely good. Much of the credit for this gratifying state of affairs is unquestionably owed to President Trump. Yet the Democrats assure us that he is a clear and present danger to the republic. He is, they believe, such a menace to our sacred freedoms that the speaker of the House recently issued a press release declaring him too dangerous to leave in office long enough for the voters to decide his political fate. The next presidential election is only a year away, but Speaker Pelosi avers that allowing the democratic process to play out is a “weak response” to Trump’s crimes: “That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because the President is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.” She is, however, oddly vague about the details of this alarming threat.
    All of the above, and much more, was accomplished even as President Trump was subjected to the absurd Mueller investigation and the even more asinine “impeachment inquiry.” Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the Democrats had accepted the will of the voters. And, make no mistake, that’s what “the resistance” is about. Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats have refused to acquiesce in the peaceful and orderly transfer of power to the president chosen by the electorate. They have nothing to offer but impeachment. That makes them far more dangerous than Donald Trump.



    Comment:
    Imagine what the president might have accomplished if the "Never Trumpers" had accepted the will of the voters. Had the likes of Paul Ryan worked with President Trump from the beginning, the GOP(e) would still control the House and we'd not have to endure the "Schiff Show" going on this month.
    IMO, Trump's base cares about the results he's achieved and is against the resistance the Progressive Marxist Socialists have shown.
    His supporters don't care if he is rough and sometimes rude. At times it is called for. History has shown us that previous presidents in the 19 and 20th Centuries have been bombastic and been successful. As long as Trump gets results or fights to get those results, he is in good standing with his base.
    We endured the Schiff Show and now all of the liberally educated white women in suburbia that voted the Dems into the House now know what they have wrought. I hope that they will come to their senses and vote for Trump this time around. I'm extremely concerned though...many GOP congressmen in Texas and other places are not running for re-election. This is disconcerting and we must encourage the GOP to find qualified candidates to take their place.
    Most American voters appreciate President Trump because he is actually using our enormous economic leverage against our enemies rather than sending our boys and girls downrange to interfere in everyone else's business. I am still absolutely stunned at the waste and graft of 20 year wars and the idiotic 'ruling class IMC' that fomented that waste. The same arrogance and idiocy has been on display the last two weeks in the impeachment 'hearings'. Our federal executive service officers are our greatest embarrassment.
    Let Trump be Trump.
    Yeah. Yet we are 24/7 under Trump induced stress, at each other throats constantly, without a shred of pride or dignity left. Ain't we great!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  4. #4
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,673
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Yeah. Yet we are 24/7 under Trump induced stress, at each other throats constantly, without a shred of pride or dignity left. Ain't we great!
    I think that lies more at the feet of the leftists, really.
    Who's been practicing the intersectional identity, hierarchy of intersectionality victimhood, politics which have set the electorate against each other?


    “Intersectionality is a form of identity politics in which the value of your opinion depends on how many victim groups you belong to. At the bottom of the totem pole is the person everybody loves to hate: the straight, white male. And who’s at the top? Well, it’s very hard to say, because new groups claim victim status all the time. No one can keep track.”

    It's bad for the nation, for unity, and bad for the electorate, yet the Democrats and the left keep pushing it and practicing it.

    We are all reaping, unfortunately, the seeds they've sown
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

  5. #5
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,554

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I think that lies more at the feet of the leftists, really.
    Who's been practicing the intersectional identity, hierarchy of intersectionality victimhood, politics which have set the electorate against each other?


    “Intersectionality is a form of identity politics in which the value of your opinion depends on how many victim groups you belong to. At the bottom of the totem pole is the person everybody loves to hate: the straight, white male. And who’s at the top? Well, it’s very hard to say, because new groups claim victim status all the time. No one can keep track.”

    It's bad for the nation, for unity, and bad for the electorate, yet the Democrats and the left keep pushing it and practicing it.

    We are all reaping, unfortunately, the seeds they've sown
    Yeah, right. Trump hurls animus & insults all day long. I suppose that's someone else's fault?
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #6
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,673
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Yeah, right. Trump hurls animus & insults all day long. I suppose that's someone else's fault?
    And you're a fool if you take it more seriously than it deserves.
    (And I wish that he'd simply stop it - I'd wish he could turn a phrase as well as Reagan, but that's simply not him, is it?)
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

  7. #7
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,554

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    And you're a fool if you take it more seriously than it deserves.
    (And I wish that he'd simply stop it - I'd wish he could turn a phrase as well as Reagan, but that's simply not him, is it?)
    I'll wish you one better - I'll wish he would go away. If he won't, next November I will send him away. He don't deserve the office. No other way to say it.

    And yes, I do take the office seriously. Too bad he doesn't.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  8. #8
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,673
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I'll wish you one better - I'll wish he would go away. If he won't, next November I will send him away. He don't deserve the office. No other way to say it.
    Meh.

    Seems you'd welcome the extremist lefts that are the Democrat presidential candidates and the economic and social destruction they'd bring.

    And yes, I do take the office seriously. Too bad he doesn't.
    I think he's taking the office seriously.
    Which liberties of citizens has he destroyed?
    Which journalists has he order spying and Fed LEO harassment of?

    Given the constant withering harassment, excoriation, lies about him and his administration on a daily basis, from even before he was elected, did you really think he wasn't going to react?

    1/2 of me wants to treat the next Democrat president the same way, and see how they and their supporters would react. Not much better I would imagine.

    The other 1/2 of me wants something better for the nation than tit for tat politics like this which would never end. But I'm not sure the leftist would allow for that.
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

  9. #9
    Sage
    ElChupacabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Garden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    And you're a fool if you take it more seriously than it deserves.
    (And I wish that he'd simply stop it - I'd wish he could turn a phrase as well as Reagan, but that's simply not him, is it?)
    The problem is that when you're the leader of a nation, your words matter. Heck, even if you're a CEO your words matter. The fool is the one who is in a position of power and doesn't realize this. From the beginning of his campaign he sought to isolate and demean opponents because it's who he's been throughout his entire public life. Trump isn't a leader, and the chaos of his administration shows it.

  10. #10
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,673
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Trump Results v. the Mindless Resistance

    Quote Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
    The problem is that when you're the leader of a nation, your words matter. Heck, even if you're a CEO your words matter. The fool is the one who is in a position of power and doesn't realize this. From the beginning of his campaign he sought to isolate and demean opponents because it's who he's been throughout his entire public life. Trump isn't a leader, and the chaos of his administration shows it.
    Meh. Sure, some of the so called 'chaos of his administration' is him acting as a change agent and shaking up the status quo, a good think I think, to periodically shake up the status quo.

    Allot of it are those who don't want their cushy status quo shaken up. Still far more of this chaos is instigated by the DNC Pravda media and their innumerable anonymous fiction based lies.

    On balance, I have already publicly stated that his big mouth and Tweeting is often his own worst enemy. Sometimes he should just leave it alone, but he doesn't, and that'll have to be his burden to bear, won't it?

    But don't mistake this as any sort of endorsement or support for the blatantly dishonesty or unfairness he's been the victim of.

    Going forward, is this now the new standard of leftist behavior to expect when the presidential candidate they support doesn't win?
    Nationally damaging scorched Earth political tactics?
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •