Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech?

  1. #21
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,502

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Obviously a completely analogous sitch
    if Obama was present because he was a friend/associate of the deceased, then he would not have been present in his political capacity and i will rescind my prior post
    however, if he was not someone who would normally have attended that funeral if the deceased had died of natural causes, then my point stands. his presence was to make a political statement
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak ~ Donald Trump 2013

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,691
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Cops politicize a funeral: who would do such a thing?

    Obama politicized several funerals: what a courageous fighter for the people.
    strawman.jpg

    I have never actually said either of those things. Do try and fail less.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #23
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    01-22-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,141

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    strawman.jpg

    I have never actually said either of those things. Do try and fail less.
    I had a different rebuttal in mind when selecting the quotes to respond to. I thought I deselected them before vomiting into the thread. My apologies, and a retraction.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  4. #24
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,496

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    Hope most of you never need a cop.

    De Blasio went to a protest in Germany instead of attending the vigil for Officer Miosotis, who was murdered sitting in her patrol car. It has nothing to do with what any of you said. (except Ballantine)
    He deserves to be shunned.
    No he does not.

    New York cops have been racked with corruption for years.

    They have no business crying about other folks.

    Screw them.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #25
    Sage holbritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,131

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    No he does not.

    New York cops have been racked with corruption for years.

    They have no business crying about other folks.

    Screw them.
    Are you always so caustic in your replies? Or is it personal? Did you ever live in NYC. I would love for the NYPD, every one of them, to take a week off at the same time. We'll see how all the cop haters do without them.
    ~Words that can't be understood are useless~

    ~The best things in life aren't things~

  6. #26
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,496

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    Are you always so caustic in your replies? Or is it personal? Did you ever live in NYC. I would love for the NYPD, every one of them, to take a week off at the same time. We'll see how all the cop haters do without them.
    I was born in NYC, which has nothing to do with the fact that NYC cops have been wickedly corrupt for years.

    They have earned their ****ty reputation.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #27
    Guru


    Trippy Trekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,554

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    According to Retired NYPD Detective and CNN Commentator Harry Houck -


  8. #28
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    149

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    A police officer was murdered for no reason other than her uniform. Instead of offering support to the Police Department, the Mayor opted to go to Germany to protest our President. What police officers have or have not done in the past has nothing to do with this incident - the "back turning" was totally appropriate.

  9. #29
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,502

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Quote Originally Posted by ray188 View Post
    A police officer was murdered for no reason other than her uniform. Instead of offering support to the Police Department, the Mayor opted to go to Germany to protest our President. What police officers have or have not done in the past has nothing to do with this incident - the "back turning" was totally appropriate.
    yes, because the mayor not going to germany would have restored her back to life
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak ~ Donald Trump 2013

  10. #30
    Guru


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,527

    Re: Why did all these Police Officers turn their back during Mayor De Blasio's speech

    Line officers have not supported de Blasio for a very long time with good reason.

    Nearly every NYPD cop hates Mayor de Blasio

    Nearly every NYPD cop hates Mayor de Blasio | New York Post

    An overwhelming 96 percent of the 6,000 cops who responded to the poll have unfavorable opinions of Hizzoner, with 88 percent holding “very unfavorable” opinions of him, the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association survey found.

    As for specific complaints against the mayor, 97 percent said de Blasio has created an environment where criminals feel emboldened, while 95 percent said he has established an environment that is combative to police.

    When asked what they liked “most” about de Blasio, 66 percent responded, “nothing.”

    Ninety-seven percent of PBA members said they feel less safe on duty, and the same percentage of respondents said they felt less likely to take action now, fearing lawsuits or complaints.

    Roughly 6,000 PBA members responded to the survey out of more than 24,000 members.
    "I sadly feel a great many Americans will feel betrayed, that they were lied to, and that sentiment will not be unjustified. You cannot campaign against Obamacare and then vote for Obamacare," Republican Senator Ted Cruz said early Friday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •