Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Calming Words From the White House

  1. #1
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,827

    Calming Words From the White House

    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. - George Carlin
    I know, everybody funny, now you funny too. -George Thorogood

  2. #2
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,414

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Shocker... because there is no calming words from the White House, especially when President CheetoVonTweeto is ready to use language from segregationists appealing right to the racists that support him.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon



    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    I wish we could go back to simpler times.

    Such as when the President was trying to buy Greenland.

  4. #4
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,618

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Shocker... because there is no calming words from the White House, especially when President CheetoVonTweeto is ready to use language from segregationists appealing right to the racists that support him.
    There’s a segregationist language? Is it on duolingo? Where do you learn it?
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Stay Human
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,620

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I wish we could go back to simpler times.

    Such as when the President was trying to buy Greenland.
    Why do we fall?
    So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,827

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    There’s a segregationist language? Is it on duolingo? Where do you learn it?
    You learn that language from history......



    https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...alter-headley/

    In his defense, I believe Trump when he says he is ignorant of history, you too?
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. - George Carlin
    I know, everybody funny, now you funny too. -George Thorogood

  7. #7
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,618

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    You learn that language from history......



    https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...alter-headley/

    In his defense, I believe Trump when he says he is ignorant of history, you too?
    I don’t think it has anything to do with being ignorant of history.

    You’re trying to link an expression of rhyming words to some obscure local official from 1967?

    Not a strong argument.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #8
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,827

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I don’t think it has anything to do with being ignorant of history.

    You’re trying to link an expression of rhyming words to some obscure local official from 1967?

    Not a strong argument.
    Only “obscure” to the ignorant. Thanks for making my point......
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. - George Carlin
    I know, everybody funny, now you funny too. -George Thorogood

  9. #9
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,618

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Only “obscure” to the ignorant. Thanks for making my point......
    Well by a purely definitional since Trump was probably ignorant of what this local official had said in the 60s. Can you provide any documentary evidence that you knew anything about this guy before trumps tweet?
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  10. #10
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    58,442

    Re: Calming Words From the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Some people would rather hear insincere platitudes in the hope that the thugs will suddenly become good people.

    Some people would rather hear sincere thanks for those who maintain order, as well as revelations of reality if the thugs push things too far.

    What makes you think, Rexedgar, that any thug is interested in "calming words"?
    "Be your own journalist." - Greg Gutfeld
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •